You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Recommendation I heard about: award for Random losers who out-XP the biggest winner.

53 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
5,816 posts
3,974 battles

What it says - there are those incredible, beautiful losers in Random battles who manage by their valiant efforts to get more Base XP than the top winner. I saw in a post a day or two ago that there is a movement for an award to recognise this impressive feat.

I fully support such a recognition, even though I know I will almost certainly never win one.

• Cool 7
  • Bad 1

[KP]
Members
1,998 posts
18,484 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What it says - there are those incredible, beautiful losers in Random battles who manage by their valiant efforts to get more Base XP than the top winner. I saw in a post a day or two ago that there is a movement for an award to recognise this impressive feat.

I fully support such a recognition, even though I know I will almost certainly never win one.

Thanks Ensign it was my post but a clan mates idea.

Members
449 posts
12,223 battles

I don't feel better when I outscore the red team.

I lost.

I don't need a participation trophy and frankly I don't want it.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,816 posts
3,974 battles
1 minute ago, Prothall said:

I lost.

If you outscored the winning reds, it means your "participation" was of exceptional quality and you DESERVE a trophy.

Members
449 posts
12,223 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you outscored the winning reds, it means your "participation" was of exceptional quality and you DESERVE a trophy.

Deserve has nothing to do with it.

I lost.

I don't need a pat on the back, I need better teammates.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[1CVDV]
Members
63 posts
2,736 battles
5 minutes ago, Prothall said:

I lost.

I'm the opposite. If we lost because we had 6 potatoes who die early and im a beast and wreck face but we still lose. If i did the best of both winning/losing side I'd like some achievement. 

Members
3,774 posts
25 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Wow wonder how long its gonna take mods to lock this thread down better grab my pop corn

Clutch Move In Before The Lock GIF - ClutchMove InBeforeTheLock GIFs

[SALVO]
Members
16,627 posts
17,300 battles
30 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I won't diss the idea, E_C.  But the reality is that if you have such a massive base XP game that you scored more than the top base XP earner on the winning team, you more than likely earned 1, and more likely 2 or more, of the major awards, like Kraken, Confederate, and so on.  Anything else on top of those might seem a bit much.

[SALVO]
Members
16,627 posts
17,300 battles
7 minutes ago, dps_gunner said:

I'm the opposite. If we lost because we had 6 potatoes who die early and im a beast and wreck face but we still lose. If i did the best of both winning/losing side I'd like some achievement. 

And you probably did get some reward in terms of some of the major awards, like Kraken, Confederate, High Caliber, and so on.  Do you really need more than that?

• Cool 2

[FML]
Members
1,633 posts
9,910 battles

I support the idea. 

Clearly, you would have to do well to get such an award. Awards in this game are to recognise good play. I think there is harmony. 

[1CVDV]
Members
63 posts
2,736 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

And you probably did get some reward in terms of some of the major awards, like Kraken, Confederate, High Caliber, and so on.  Do you really need more than that?

I guess my question to you is, why would it hurt? 1 achievement given out to one player very rarely is that a big deal? Nah, so let it roll who cares

[PVE]
Members
8,874 posts
7,288 battles
32 minutes ago, Prothall said:

I lost.

:Smile_smile:

25 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

:Smile_great:

24 minutes ago, dps_gunner said:

5 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

As in real life, there is no reward for being on the wrong team :)

Really? The Olympics would disagree with you. Golf would disagree with you. Profession fighters who make millions from a loss would disagree with you. NASCAR drivers who get points in a loss towards the season championship would disagree with you.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

As I stated in the other thread the losing team should pay 10% of their Credits and EXP to that player as tribute if anything. Even as TOP Player in Battle no other rewards should be given.

Members
449 posts
12,223 battles

This argument is probably generational.

Younger people are more used to participation trophies and expect them.

Us old timers consider them a poor substitute to actually accomplishing something.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
8,874 posts
7,288 battles
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

As I stated in the other thread the losing team should pay 10% of their Credits and EXP to that player as tribute if anything. Even as TOP Player in Battle no other rewards should be given.

Like that won't generate salt. Yeah we lost, but where did 10% of my silver and XP go?

If you play bad enough to get negative credits, as the not top XP earner, do you get paid the credits then?

1 minute ago, Prothall said:

Us old timers consider them a poor substitute to actually accomplishing something.

If the top losing player got the achievement, THEN it would be a participation trophy as someone would get it EVERY game.

if you score more XP, on the losing team, than everyone on the winning team, with the bonus they got for winning, that is NOT a participation trophy. That is an achievement.

What is so hard to figure out about that? And don't say it is a generational thing as I'm old myself.

Members
449 posts
12,223 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Like that won't generate salt. Yeah we lost, but where did 10% of my silver and XP go?

If you play bad enough to get negative credits, as the not top XP earner, do you get paid the credits then?

If the top losing player got the achievement, THEN it would be a participation trophy as someone would get it EVERY game.

if you score more XP, on the losing team, than everyone on the winning team, with the bonus they got for winning, that is NOT a participation trophy. That is an achievement.

What is so hard to figure out about that? And don't say it is a generational thing as I'm old myself.

It is not hard to figure out.

Did you win?

No.

Did you do a lot of damage and cap?

Yup.

Those have their own rewards.

There should be no reward specifically for a loser.

I would agree that someone who does this should get the win bonus to xp, but quietly with no fanfare.

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
283 posts
5,597 battles

i support this movement and will get many to make my parents proud . 

it will be just like ranked were people play not to lose a star, it will be glorious . not as if there is already  a damage farm above all things meta

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
42 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

:Smile_smile:

Really? The Olympics would disagree with you. Golf would disagree with you. Profession fighters who make millions from a loss would disagree with you. NASCAR drivers who get points in a loss towards the season championship would disagree with you.

yes the olympics hand out these like candy

8fc7X1U.gif

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles
1 hour ago, Prothall said:

I lost.

Pretty much this.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,441 posts
25,340 battles
16 hours ago, Prothall said:

No, it's a difference in empathy and humanity, and the desire to recognize excellence in others. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
449 posts
12,223 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

No, it's a difference in empathy and humanity, and the desire to recognize excellence in others. 

Attack the man not the position. Nice.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[INTEL]
Members
8,441 posts
25,340 battles
15 hours ago, Prothall said:

Attack the man not the position. Nice.

Dude, you started with the attack on an entire generation of young people. 

Nice passive-aggressive move, though. Sad. 

• Cool 2

Members
449 posts
12,223 battles
3 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Dude, you started with the attack on an entire generation of young people. 

Nice passive-aggressive move, though. Sad. 

My position in no way attacked people with a different point of view.

People with different life experiences tend to think differently was all I was saying. Nothing else was implied.

We just think differently on this issue.

If you inferred an attack I am sorry. But lets end this pointless debate.