You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
clawsofdeath_1

what's with the services charged after battle

33 comments in this topic

[KREW]
Members
2 posts
2,174 battles

when did this start because when the service charged is the same as what you win what's the point in playing when it takes forever to build up your credits I mite as well play facebook games

• Bad 1

[CAPGO]
Members
513 posts
3,264 battles

You found that out after 1.4k games..?

• Funny 3

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,410 posts
4,300 battles

Wow you must have been out of the game for a long time, because the set service fee started ages ago.

[PNG]
Supertester
5,657 posts
6,455 battles

It’s been there since at least closed beta. Includes repair/rearm/consumables.

[S0L0]
Members
204 posts
5,298 battles

The higher the tiers the higher the cost :D

at teir 8,  a free to play player can make an income if they have good games.
Beyond that, unless you have  prem time/camos, you're not going to make any profit.

Play some mid-tier ships, especially 7 if you want to grind credits.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles

It’s been there since I’ve been here in fact there are times high tier with out a premium account it can cost more for repair than what you earn

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I do believe it is miss named. It is the cost of bringing the ship to battle, fits better than Post battle

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
1,833 posts
12,286 battles
23 minutes ago, clawsofdeath_1 said:

when did this start because when the service charged is the same as what you win what's the point in playing when it takes forever to build up your credits I mite as well play facebook games

Be happy it is a flat rate. You used to pay proportionally to the damage you took. People hid all match even more than they do now fearful of having to pay. Of course since you are not aware, those hiding today might not have gotten the memo either.

Members
17,786 posts
5,084 battles
33 minutes ago, clawsofdeath_1 said:

The point is, play better, do more damage, and earn more credits than the service cost.

Find the tier where you make the most credits, and play that to build up your stockpile.

Unless you play decently, and/or pay money, you can't build up credits in T8+ on the ship you're grinding.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
11 minutes ago, RobertViktor68 said:

this HAS to be a troll thread!

It is. Someone disliked my paperwork.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
4 minutes ago, RobertViktor68 said:

this HAS to be a troll thread!

It is surprising how many people never noticed the change.

[PSP]
Members
6,041 posts
8,583 battles
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

The point is, play better, do more damage, and earn more credits than the service cost.

Find the tier where you make the most credits, and play that to build up your stockpile.

Unless you play decently, and/or pay money, you can't build up credits in T8+ on the ship you're grinding.

When I first got the Fletcher, I thought I'd never get it to pay for itself. Now, in the Gearing, I can make a bit of money about 2/3 of the time and break even over all games.

[PVE]
Members
8,859 posts
7,257 battles
39 minutes ago, clawsofdeath_1 said:

14 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Be happy it is a flat rate. You used to pay proportionally to the damage you took. People hid all match even more than they do now fearful of having to pay. Of course since you are not aware, those hiding today might not have gotten the memo either.

:Smile_great:

Now you can be as aggressive as you like and pay the same fee. Getting sunk in the past, meant that sometimes, when the fee was proportional, you could lose money on a good game.

35 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

:Smile_great:

Here is the wiki on the service cost. 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Operating_Cost

You can mitigate the operating cost by the following. Perma-camo gives a -10% to -50% discount depending on tier. T5-8  -10%, T9  -20%, T10  -50%.. The India Bravo Terrathree signal flag can provide another -10% discount and is earned with the It's Just a Flesh Wound achievement, in missions, containers, the Arsenal and from playing the PTS. If you are in a clan, there are buildings to provide a -10% discount as well. They are all stackable.

[YORHA]
Members
3,253 posts

Never mind that.. what's the deal with airline peanuts?

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
53 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Never mind that.. what's the deal with airline peanuts?

Peanuts? Do they even have nuts on an airplane anymore? Pretzels or that gawd awful salty medley of toe and fingernails maybe. 

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles
2 hours ago, clawsofdeath_1 said:

i have 100 million credits. if you want I can give you some for free. LOL!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
4 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

i have 100 million credits. if you want I can give you some for free. LOL!

I am just over 100 million currently but the next tier 10 will wipe out something between 20 million and 40 million to buy and set up. It looks like a lot but it goes mighty fast.