Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Iku

Moskva 50mm plate buff

Moskva 50mm plate buff  

74 members have voted

1. 1. do you guys think that the Devs and super testers are in wrong for this

• yes Moskva never needed the 50mm plate buff
    • no cause it needed it
    • they could of made the armor 32mm since now it can bounce yamato 460mm rounds with the upcoming buff

27 comments in this topic

[KNTI2]
Members
107 posts
442 battles

so after reading the patch notes for the upcoming patch
i have noticed that the moskva is receiving a buff
i mean what was wargaming thinking on this one

irBKLxK.jpg

Members
2,071 posts

It's more for brawling then anything. I don't have to much of a problem. I rarely see a Moskva brawl, since it seen long before it could ever hope to get into a range... That it would benefit from it. It's supposed to be a thin strip. Should have a break in it like other cruisers.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,264 posts

They were thinking hey, players like Herr_Reitz, our mister average player, would sure appreciate the ability to get in close to use the Moskva's radar without getting obliterated. 

Thanks WoWS/WG! 

Members
1,642 posts
2,149 battles

Wait, 50mm plate. Like all of the bow and stern?

Haven't played the game yet today nor read the patch notes. I'll go do that now.

Edit: I read the patch notes, and I really don't think it needed that buff. 50mm of fore and aft plating means it can bow tank any BB in the game, forcing them to switch to HE to get some damage in unless they get a lucky shot in. 

Image result for so balanced so historically accurate

Edited by Edselman

Beta Testers
340 posts
2,096 battles
6 minutes ago, Edselman said:

Wait, 50mm plate. Like all of the bow and stern?

Haven't played the game yet today nor read the patch notes. I'll go do that now.

No. Just the fore-end and aft-end belt armor.

%D0%9F%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%82_%D0

Members
1,642 posts
2,149 battles
Just now, Phaere said:

No. Just the fore-end and aft-end belt armor.

%D0%9F%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%82_%D0

Ahhhhhh, ok. Seems much more reasonable

Members
2,274 posts
7,297 battles
26 minutes ago, _Iku said:

so after reading the patch notes for the upcoming patch
i have noticed that the moskva is receiving a buff
i mean what was wargaming thinking on this one

Zao and Gearing are also getting unneeded buffs. 

While Moskva didnt needed a buff, this wont make much difference, its the extended belt that is getting a buff, the upper part and deck armor of the bow/stern are still 25 mm. 

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles

Doesn't that armor diagram indicate that the belt is only 20 mm, not 50? Also, the main belt seems to be split between 160 mm on the front half, and 155 mm on the rear half. Why is it modeled incorrectly? Come on WG, this is a Russian ship after all.

EDIT: Upon closer look, the front half of the belt is 160 mm.

Edited by DeliciousFart

Beta Testers
340 posts
2,096 battles
4 minutes ago, DeliciousFart said:

Doesn't that armor diagram indicate that the belt is only 20 mm, not 50? Also, the main belt seems to be split between 180 mm on the front half, and 155 mm on the rear half. Why is it modeled incorrectly? Come on WG, this is a Russian ship after all.

You're forgetting the ships hull that its mounted over. Historically if the ship was ever build the main hull would probably be in the range of 30-38mm + 20mm fore-end belt. In-game though it should be 25mm + 20mm = 45mm for the fore-end belt section.

Edited by Phaere

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,536 posts
13,977 battles

Here is the official Dev Blog post on what's getting buffed on Moskva's bow to 50mm.

The lower half of the bow is going 25mm->50mm.  Keep in mind, Moskva still has a 50mm DECK behind the bow.  There will be 2 vulnerable spots to Moskva after the change to the bow.

1.  The guns themselves are still Cruiser Turrets.

2.  The top portion of the bow is still going to be 25mm, vulnerable to even Penetrating hits from 380mm shells if they strike there.

IMO this was not necessary, because Moskva wasn't exactly struggling to begin with.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
5,647 battles
6 minutes ago, Phaere said:

You're forgetting the ships hull that its mounted over. Historically if the ship was ever build the main hull would probably be in the range of 30-38mm + 20mm fore-end belt. In-game though it should be 25mm + 20mm = 45mm for the fore-end belt section.

Not to mention that it has better torpedo reduction than most battleships to which I say WHERE SIR, WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO PUT IT and leave internal volume for the machinery spaces. 

Beta Testers
340 posts
2,096 battles
2 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Not to mention that it has better torpedo reduction than most battleships to which I say WHERE SIR, WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO PUT IT and leave internal volume for the machinery spaces. 

Komrade, perhaps you need to spend more time in a "relaxing" gulag. You forget the amazingness of true Stalinium armor tempered in the best vodka and quenched in the tears of dissidents and then this armor is backed by only the highest quality of Stalinwoods.

No inferior capitalist torpedo could ever hope to beat this level of stronk protection.

:Smile_playing:

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Members
3,866 posts
5,463 battles

The Moskva has the worst DPM*, concealment and handling of any Tier 10 cruiser, as well as one of the largest citadels.  I can't really complain about the buff.

*If we factor in the legendary upgrades, the Henri surpasses the Moskva in terms of DPM.

20 minutes ago, DeliciousFart said:

Doesn't that armor diagram indicate that the belt is only 20 mm, not 50? Also, the main belt seems to be split between 180 mm on the front half, and 155 mm on the rear half. Why is it modeled incorrectly? Come on WG, this is a Russian ship after all.

Extremity armor is generally modeled based on tier and ship type rather than historical specifications.  It's one of the factors WG artificially changes for balance reasons.   

Edited by yashma

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles
18 minutes ago, Phaere said:

I'm skeptical that the bow structural plating would be that thick. On the Iowa, most of the bow plating in front of the citadel is 16-25 mm mild steel.

Furthermore, if WG decides to include the hull backing plate for the bow belt on the Moskva, then where the hell is Iowa's 64 mm turret backing plate and Montana's 114 mm turret face backing plate and Montana's 32 mm main armor deck backing plate? Furthermore, these backing plates aren't made of mere construction steel, but homogeneous armor grade STS.

Edited by DeliciousFart
  • Bad 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
5,647 battles
3 minutes ago, Phaere said:

Komrade, perhaps you need to spend more time in a "relaxing" gulag. You forget the amazingness of true Stalinium armor tempered in the best vodka and quenched in the tears of dissidents and then this armor is backed by only the highest quality of Stalinwoods.

No inferior capitalist torpedo could ever hope to beat this level of stronk protection.

:Smile_playing:

ROFLMAO.......that is so funny. Thank you for the laugh sir.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,536 posts
13,977 battles

If you guys think Post-Buff Moskva, Stalingrad are a curious thing, wait until the RU BB Line comes out :Smile_glasses:

It's going to be glorious, tovarisch!

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
5,998 posts
9,513 battles

Russian bias knows no boundries!:fish_aqua:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,769 battles

What is next ... a Khab buff?

• Funny 1

Supertester
2,589 posts
8,263 battles
1 hour ago, Xlap said:

Zao and Gearing are also getting unneeded buffs. 

While Moskva didnt needed a buff, this wont make much difference, its the extended belt that is getting a buff, the upper part and deck armor of the bow/stern are still 25 mm. 

The buffs to both Zao and Gearing are playstyle variety... Zao can kinda sorta pretend she's a DD with atrocious arcs and reload, and Gearing can get the monster damage Fletcher torps that everyone loves and be a torp spammer.

They're low order buffs to legacy ships to help bring them in line with newer ones. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,015 posts
11,530 battles

The Supertesters likely do not deserve any heat for this.  When WG gets it in their mind to do something, no amount of ST feedback will change their mind.

• Cool 2

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
182 posts
3,043 battles

It's only bottom belt plate, It's not the whole bow or the deck... The Moskva needed something...

Members
2,274 posts
7,297 battles
22 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

The buffs to both Zao and Gearing are playstyle variety... Zao can kinda sorta pretend she's a DD with atrocious arcs and reload, and Gearing can get the monster damage Fletcher torps that everyone loves and be a torp spammer.

They're low order buffs to legacy ships to help bring them in line with newer ones. 

Moskva buff can also be seen as a playstyle variety. This change will moslty affect close combat with Moskva. Mockva cpts will be able to get closere, be more agressive and even brawl, something that you cant do with a Moskva atm.

Zao is more like a buff, the 12km torps are overall superior to the 8km, they give much more utility, while the 8km are very situational.

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,708 battles
4 hours ago, DeliciousFart said:

I'm skeptical that the bow structural plating would be that thick. On the Iowa, most of the bow plating in front of the citadel is 16-25 mm mild steel.

Furthermore, if WG decides to include the hull backing plate for the bow belt on the Moskva, then where the hell is Iowa's 64 mm turret backing plate and Montana's 114 mm turret face backing plate and Montana's 32 mm main armor deck backing plate? Furthermore, these backing plates aren't made of mere construction steel, but homogeneous armor grade STS.

Russian Bias  working as intended comrade

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,708 battles
3 hours ago, Umikami said:

What is next ... a Khab buff?

Shssssssssssssssssh don't write or say things like that the children will see it believe that it does need a buff and do it.

Sign in to follow this