Hanimichal_warrior

Facing 2 tiers higher

16 comments in this topic

[BOBS2]
Members
123 posts
3,432 battles

When this will be fixed? This is the biggest bug in the game to have  to facing two tier higher lvl ships 80% of battles! This is really sucks and should be considered the biggest bug in this game!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 6

[HINON]
Supertester
18,983 posts
12,488 battles

Never. It's on purpose.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,582 posts
3,925 battles

The problem with your request is that what you are considering a 'bug', the game designers (and most of the players base) regard as a 'feature'.  Furthermore, a feature that is 'working as intended'.

You'll have to convince the player base and designers that this is a problem before you'll get any traction for a 'fix'.

Since it hasn't happened in WoT (which has a very similar matchmaking scheme) in six years of operation (probably more, I'm spitballing here), I wouldn't go holding your breath waiting for it.

Members
4,465 posts
6,203 battles

So as I suggest, not as I feel......consider it a challenge!

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles

Although I am all for a two tier system, it just is not going to occur. It's not easy to take on ships two tiers above you, it can be done and earns greater rewards. The thing that I most want to see is no more protected tiers. Make the MM create either two or three tier battles, not both. Do they protect tiers in WOT?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,240 posts
8,815 battles
24 minutes ago, Hanimichal_warrior said:

When this will be fixed? This is the biggest bug in the game to have  to facing two tier higher lvl ships 80% of battles! This is really sucks and should be considered the biggest bug in this game!

Hyperbol much? Even tier 5 is only up tiered about 2/3 of the time.

[HELLS]
Members
1,695 posts
15,353 battles

Why? Would you like to be Kirishima facing Washington and South Dakota like in real life? Its' a game. Deal with it.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,806 posts
18,775 battles
30 minutes ago, Hanimichal_warrior said:

it's part of the game system best get use to it joey 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,240 posts
8,815 battles
21 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Why? Would you like to be Kirishima facing Washington and South Dakota like in real life? Its' a game. Deal with it.

The real world matchmaker is brutal.

Kirshima damage. http://www.navweaps.com/index_lundgren/Kirishima_Damage_Analysis.pdf

For comparison the South Dakota which took 39 major caliber, 8" plus hits and survived. https://www.history.navy.mil/research/library/online-reading-room/title-list-alphabetically/w/war-damage-reports/uss-south-dakota-bb57-war-damage-report-no57.html

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,342 posts
11,500 battles

It really sucks being in a cruiser, bottom tier, and finishing top of team...

I mean it is not fair to give is bottom feeders bonus XP multiplier from damaging higher tier ships...

Really now, if I wanted to farm something, damage isn't it....potatoes is where it's at.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,227 posts
8,431 battles

My name is pikohan and I support +/-1 MM!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
1 hour ago, Hanimichal_warrior said:

When this will be fixed?

Honestly, probably never; WoW loves the meta because it constantly makes players want to get better ships and play higher tiers until they get to tier 10 and find out they're still hosed, only this time for credits.

This is really sucks and should be considered the biggest bug in this game!

Oh, I don't know ... there are a LOT of bugs in the game!

32 minutes ago, pikohan said:

My name is pikohan and I support +/-1 MM!

Of course you do Tiger, and maybe some day, with any luck, someone in Leningrad will actually care. But not today.

[BOBS2]
Members
123 posts
3,432 battles
14 hours ago, Umikami said:

Honestly, probably never; WoW loves the meta because it constantly makes players want to get better ships and play higher tiers until they get to tier 10 and find out they're still hosed, only this time for credits.

I dont see any meta here, already also have T10 ship, is also horrible to face 2 tier lower brother ship he trying to kill you and you know that he dont have any chance

But also I liked to play with GRAF SPEE but when in you are the only or with other 2 in same tier and a lot t8 is just TFUUU

Is just spending more time with disgusting trying the chance to have a fun in one match or other 

If that AFK or just quit the game would not have carried the credits, I will always be leaving this game when is comes above of two tiers

Also the funniest "bug" is now with super-upgrades of T10 with make the ships of t8 facing they like facing t11, this will be the biggest crapof this

Edited by Hanimichal_warrior

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

I dont see any meta here, already also have T10 ship, is also horrible to face 2 tier lower brother ship he trying to kill you and you know that he dont have any chance

But also I liked to play with GRAF SPEE but when in you are the only or with other 2 in same tier and a lot t8 is just TFUUU

Is just spending more time with disgusting trying the chance to have a fun in one match or other 

If that AFK or just quit the game would not have carried the credits, I will always be leaving this game when is comes above of two tiers

Also the funniest "bug" is now with super-upgrades of T10 with make the ships of t8 facing they like facing t11, this will be the biggest crapof this

Well as a HSF Admiral Graf Spee player, I like MM just the way it is. Sometimes I do get my stern handed to me, but sometimes I hand the T8 their stern. And believe me it took me a while to get used to it.

When I first started I would be agreeing with you, but I enjoy MM just way it is.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
6 hours ago, Hanimichal_warrior said:

Meta is tier 10 ships have high repair bills so if you play them a lot you need to buy permanent camos and other things or you don't make money. Also your statement about not being able to kill a ships 2 tiers higher is totally untrue, though you definitely have to work harder to do it.

Then you just have to get better or play a different ship.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

Enjoy pink.

The new upgrades have their own issues, but just wait and see if they are totally OP. I'm betting no.

• Bad 1

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
343 posts
6,573 battles

Most tier 8's that see tier 10's are at a great disadvantage, but they are perfectly capable at taking on tier 10 ships with adequate support and/or proper tactics.

Tier 8 DD's facing down tier 10 DD counterparts only primary disadvantage is health pool. Stealth-wise, they are usually better (meaning that they are just as capable against enemy BB's at tier 10). Gun-wise, on par usually (most of the guns at tier 8 and up are basically the same). Speed-wise, they are not that much different (of course this depends on the specific nation). Tactics vs other classes are the same as well. A tier 10 DD facing a tier 10 cruiser with radar is no different than a tier 8 facing a tier 10 cruiser with radar; only big difference is how many hits you can take from one. Tactics and planning are what gets you through, along with a healthy dose of RNG in your favor at times of being spotted.

A tier 8 Cruiser is by far the most affected by the up-tiered matches. When a tier 8 cruiser hits a tier 10 match, it really depends largely on the nation you are using and/or the enemies own lineup. A Cleveland cannot best a Des Moines or any other tier 10 Cruiser unless certain conditions are met; and these "certain conditions" are mostly based on support from team mates and your own positioning. But being tier 8, again, greatly requires you to use separate tactics than what you would commonly apply in solid tier 8 matches (not by much, but you had best be more cautious and reserved and take less chances than you would otherwise and you'd better "know you shiP"). In addition, tier 8 cruisers (above all others) are punished far more for making a mistake. That tier 10 BB's shells are not going to give you second chances if you do make the mistake of being seen and then hit with one and especially 2 or more.

Tier 8 BB's are not at that much of a disadvantage. Yes, they are not as well off as say a DD, but certainly more so than a tier 8 cruiser. A North Carolina vs a Yamato isn't going to work out often for the North Carolina, but that North Carolina can put the hurt on a Yamato and distract a Yamato long enough to have allies support you in taking it out. These tier 8 BB's vs tier 10 ships of any kind definitely need the support of other ships to make a difference, but they can and do hold their own at times; whether it be taking out a enemy tier 10 cruiser or getting a good shot at the sides of enemy tier 10 BB's. I've had several matches in tier 10 with both the Bis and NC and never once felt like I couldn't take on a tier 10 counterpart (with moderate support from others). Not saying that I survived those matches or won all of them, but I certainly didn't feel like my tier 8 BB's couldn't dish out damage and/or take enemy ships off the map.

The new upgrades for tier 10 are potentially problematic. But, if the Devs keep to their words (though I'm still reminded of the "Missouri Promise" when I them doing so), these modules shouldn't make them OP and instead alter their playstyle. They are "supposedly" suppose to nerf certain aspects and boost other aspects to give them different abilities/preferences in combat than they originally had/have. I see a lot of green (boosts) to stats and only a few red (nerfs) but they also take up important module positions. We'll see what happens I guess, but I do expect a period of time where they have to go back through and change some numbers to keep these tier 10's from being too OP against any and all lower tier ships.