You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RoundsDownRange

In Game Voice that Announces

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,070 posts
7,366 battles

I’m not sure if anyone has notice or not but the in game voice that announces spotted enemy ships is wrong.

Every time you spot something it announces it, no matter what class of ship it is, but it does it incorrectly. 

How it currently is;  Allied (what even class it is) spotted

How it should be; Enemy  (whatever) Spotted

I think QA missed this one

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,879 battles

Akeno Misaki and Mashiro and Munetani both do a good job of telling me if it is the enemy or not. That is because I don't know what they are saying.

• Funny 2

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
8 minutes ago, MidnightShamalan said:

are you using any sound mods?

i'm pretty sure it's always said enemy for me.

Ya, it says enemy for me as well. Is there maybe a mod out there that switches it to allied/axis, depending on the nation?

[HAG]
Beta Testers
317 posts
4,070 battles

If this is a bug that might explain all the TKing that seems to be going on. The UI is an enemy agent.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,514 battles
1 hour ago, RoundsDownRange said:

Every time you spot something it announces it, no matter what class of ship it is, but it does it incorrectly. 

How it currently is;  Allied (what even class it is) spotted

How it should be; Enemy  (whatever) Spotted

Are you saying you have some kind of voiceover that says "allied" instead of "enemy"? Because I've never heard a line like that. It's always "enemy" for me.

Beta Testers
1,070 posts
7,366 battles

I have checked my settings, can't find anything that would change it.  I am still hearing "Allied Destroyer Spotted" Or "Allied Battleship Spotted"  when it should be Enemy Spotted.  SO I don't know what's going on.  That' why I brought it here to see if anyone else has the issue.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,514 battles
19 minutes ago, RoundsDownRange said:

I have checked my settings, can't find anything that would change it.  I am still hearing "Allied Destroyer Spotted" Or "Allied Battleship Spotted"  when it should be Enemy Spotted.  SO I don't know what's going on.  That' why I brought it here to see if anyone else has the issue.

On a hunch, try turning off your ambient sounds in the audio control menu, and see if the "allied" spotting calls go away. I have a very distant memory that those two might be connected.

You might also try reducing the radio communication effect (i.e. distortion audio filter) on the off chance that the voice line is being so garbled on your combination of audio hardware that it sounds like the wrong word.