You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DonKarnage2

No One Would Believe It If I Didn't Have Proof

20 comments in this topic

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,041 battles

BEHOLD KATORI IN ALL HER GLORY!

Was so close to getting a Kraken too... teammates blasted the Itchy Zucchini before the fires of Mt. Doom could finish sinking it.

Nobody ever takes Katori seriously... *Katori sails off to hide in the corner*

Katori.png

• Cool 2

[SF-A]
Members
2,847 posts
5,547 battles

Katori is awesome. Honestly it's the best T3 premium of all and a great shooting trainer.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,044 posts
8,928 battles
48 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Katori is awesome. Honestly it's the best T3 premium of all and a great shooting trainer.

Except that South Carolina can basically beat it in a drag race.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
1 hour ago, pewpewpew42 said:

I don't know.  I have to admit that I have a special fondness for the Aurora.

• Cool 1

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,041 battles
57 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Except that South Carolina can basically beat it in a drag race.

Being as slow as Katori is can be really helpful. I couldn't outrun the Nikolai and South Carolina that were with me. So, the enemy CV focused on the two BB's, the enemy DD focused on the two BB's (to the point that I was able to torp snipe it at 5 km with Katori's torps... the only torp hit I got all game, but it was a kill), and everything shot at the BB's. I didn't get shot at all until the Ishizuchi got tired for my shenanigans at the very end of the game and the Nikolai and South Carolina made sure that the Ishi only got off two volleys at me.

Nobody shoots at Katori, because they don't think she's a threat.

The only issue was that I was so slow, and over by the enemy base, that there was NO WAY I'd be getting back to our base in time to prevent the enemy team from getting the cap and winning.

Edited by DonKarnage2
  • Cool 1

Members
2,393 posts
5,421 battles

You should have dropped in the REPLAY file as we can really enjoy! 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,311 posts
11,418 battles

Good game. 

Last time I took her out I got 6 kills...

Getting anything past 1 is a miracle considering her speed and dispersion.

But once your in the zone, she is strong.

You would enjoy the Yubari as well.

[TF16B]
Members
8,043 posts
16,978 battles

Remembers kiting a Nassau in Katori because it kept having to turn to dodge my torps...

Katori and Yubari... the railgun slinging RU cruisers of the IJN... (Just as fragile too...)

[VW]
Members
1,819 posts
12,266 battles

Love my kat. People dont take you seriously. My fave is when dds come to yolo trop me. Wrong! Either they eat torps, main battery or secondary battery or any combination therin. Makes me laugh with joy! (I run dd spec yamamotosan on her only 16 pts so far- is that wrong?)

Edited by monpetitloup

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,041 battles
49 minutes ago, dionkraft said:

You should have dropped in the REPLAY file as we can really enjoy! 

How do I do that? I've looked all over the options and such and I don't see anywhere to turn it on or anything.

Members
2,393 posts
5,421 battles
2 hours ago, DonKarnage2 said:

How do I do that? I've looked all over the options and such and I don't see anywhere to turn it on or anything.

It USED to be that REPLAY had to be EDITED to be enabled but it is now automaticaly saved. Just look in your WOWs Folder and find the World_of_Warships_NA folder and open it.

In it you will see the REPLAY folder. Open it and Click on it. Now one of two things will happen..when you click on it the game will run but its a replay and for that you don't even have to be ONLINE for it to run. The OTHER is that the replay file will not be able to FIND the WOW EXE file and cause an error. You have to ASSOCIATE the REPLAY file to the WOW.EXE file to run - that or another way is to find the WOW EXE files and DROP the replay file on it and THEN it will run your replay.   Try it out and see. 

Also to share your replay file - just write a note here about it then drop that file below onto the DRAG FILES HERE TO ATTACH so that forum members can see the slaughter you caused!  LOL! 

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,041 battles
1 minute ago, dionkraft said:

It USED to be that REPLAY had to be EDITED to be enabled but it is now automaticaly saved. Just look in your WOWs Folder and find the World_of_Warships_NA folder and open it.

In it you will see the REPLAY folder. Open it and Click on it. Now one of two things will happen..when you click on it the game will run but its a replay and for that you don't even have to be ONLINE for it to run. The OTHER is that the replay file will not be able to FIND the WOW EXE file and cause an error. You have to ASSOCIATE the REPLAY file to the WOW.EXE file to run - that or another way is to find the WOW EXE files and DROP the replay file on it and THEN it will run your replay.   Try it out and see. 

Also to share your replay file - just write a note here about it then drop that file below onto the DRAG FILES HERE TO ATTACH so that forum members can see the slaughter you caused!  LOL! 

I'll look into it when I get home. At work at the moment. Can forum at work, but not play the game.

Members
2,393 posts
5,421 battles
10 minutes ago, DonKarnage2 said:

I'll look into it when I get home. At work at the moment. Can forum at work, but not play the game.

Okay, let me know when get back on this as i have more info on the REPLAY keys and other stuff many don't know about. 

Members
2,393 posts
5,421 battles
5 hours ago, DonKarnage2 said:

It occurred to me -  Have you ever played a REPLAY on your computer? If not you have to enable it with a simple script file edition.  

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/19060/

• Cool 1

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,041 battles

Yep, looks like I won't have a replay of this one since I didn't have the replay thing already downloaded and enabled.

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,041 battles

Not as good as the 4 kill game, but close, even with only 2 kills. We lost, but still went for 1100 XP and 120k Silver in the loss. I lose a lot with Katori... in relative terms. No idea why.

20180627_005146_PJSC503-Katori_13_OC_new_dawn.wowsreplay

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,044 posts
8,928 battles
16 hours ago, DonKarnage2 said:

Being as slow as Katori is can be really helpful. I couldn't outrun the Nikolai and South Carolina that were with me. So, the enemy CV focused on the two BB's, the enemy DD focused on the two BB's (to the point that I was able to torp snipe it at 5 km with Katori's torps... the only torp hit I got all game, but it was a kill), and everything shot at the BB's. I didn't get shot at all until the Ishizuchi got tired for my shenanigans at the very end of the game and the Nikolai and South Carolina made sure that the Ishi only got off two volleys at me.

Nobody shoots at Katori, because they don't think she's a threat.

The only issue was that I was so slow, and over by the enemy base, that there was NO WAY I'd be getting back to our base in time to prevent the enemy team from getting the cap and winning.

In a way, she her playstyle reminds me a lot of mid-tier USN battleships.  She is so slow that you have to plan in advance and  position yourself correctly the first time, otherwise, you're left poorly out of position for your team.

Members
2,393 posts
5,421 battles
7 hours ago, DonKarnage2 said:

Not as good as the 4 kill game, but close, even with only 2 kills. We lost, but still went for 1100 XP and 120k Silver in the loss. I lose a lot with Katori... in relative terms. No idea why.

20180627_005146_PJSC503-Katori_13_OC_new_dawn.wowsreplay

Bummer situation....7.6 was updated on my PC so when I tried to run your REPLAY it would not run. The deal with these updates are that depending on the update package and what they involve if it has any program changes they may negate the previous versions of REPLAY from running. That was the case with your REPLAY unfortunately.   That means you can run your replay but only for a finite time until the NEXT update which could orphan its run. Many people will video the replay for posterity to save forever.  You can run the obsolete REPLAY files but only if you kept the version which created it in the first place. That means the complete program in itself.  So..we are looking forward to the NEXT epic kill you will I am sure will come up with. Nice thing about the REPLAYS are you can critique your play and make note of mistakes not to be repeated in the next hopefully.  AHA..its always 20-20 vision after the battle!