You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Schnauzahpowahz

Getting more

9 comments in this topic

Members
94 posts
1,267 battles

The only time I can really grind is a few hours a day weekends, occasionally weekday 30min or hour here and there 

My question is would I be better off continuing the weekend warrior deal for prem time or buy a flag bundle and pop one on when I have the time? 

Anyone else in the same... boat :fish_haloween:

Would like to hear what others do as well, best flag bundle per se if going that route etc. 

[JUICE]
Members
814 posts
6,369 battles

Not really in the same boat as you but, I usually get 90 days of premium time and just play when I can. It may end up being more cost effective that way for you as well.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,174 posts
8,786 battles
1 minute ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

Not really in the same boat as you but, I usually get 90 days of premium time and just play when I can. It may end up being more cost effective that way for you as well.

The 90 day package would cost about $2.90 per week with the 18- & 360 day packages coming in somewhat lower per week.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,147 posts
12,862 battles

I think it works like this for most people:

Grind until you reach nervous breakdown and your boss and wife threaten to fire/divorce you,

then buy small incremental premium time to give yourself a little breathing room and reach in-game goals like a successful hamster that still has a life.

When you finally realize you have no life and wife leaves you for being unemployed - Get a FULL YEAR sub :)

Members
94 posts
1,267 battles

Lol. Valid points guys. 

That little voice in back of my head tells me not to buy prem time incase I cant play for a week, day, mo then its wasted. Seems like the flags are a bit more though from what i can see. Was the same way In WoT with me. Now if WG would just make it time logged in starts the prem clock I'd be all over it 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,120 posts
18,633 battles

Like others have said: the small amount of premium time are a waste. Plus I always feel forced to play if I only have a few days.

Just break it down:

1 day $1.49

3 days $1.23 per day

7 days $0.95 per day

14 days $0.67 per day

30 days $0.42 per day

90 days $0.38 per day

So if you can plan to play for 3 months only over the weekends you pay $47.50 just for 12 3 day premium packages but have no advantage if you can find time to play within the other 4 days of a week while 90 days cost $34. Yes, its $34 to pay at one time but... you pay more if you only pay for the weekends in the same amount of weeks.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,801 posts
3,966 battles
6 minutes ago, Schnauzahpowahz said:

Now if WG would just make it time logged in starts the prem clock I'd be all over it 

But that would hurt the bottom line, and at the end of the day it's the bottom line that pays the bills at Wargaming and keeps the content coming.

Where I am (Canada), a 360 day premium account is 34 cents a day. A three-day package is $1.55 a day (the weekend 2-day package is distorted by having 500 doubloons in it). A single day is $1.88 a day.  You do the math.

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

TBH what I used to do up to this point, was just buy the premium ship bundles with the premium time.  Made it less noticeable since you were getting a fancy ship on top of a few days.  Fro some reason just buying premium time alone always made me pause and wonder if it was worth it.  But since they don't seem to want to bundle ships and premium time anymore, I buy whatever I can spare to buy at that moment.  Longer packages are more cost effective though.  I mean the yearly equates to what?  Putting aside two quarters per day? 

I actually broke down and bought the yearly bundle over on the WOT side because it came with a fancy tank.  Haven't played tanks in years, doubt I'll ever install it again, but dangit, shiny new stuff on top of premium will always get my vote lol

Members
94 posts
1,267 battles

Will prob give in and opt for a sum of prem time. Tanks on console used to sell a year for half off every blue moon. Does WoWS ever do anything similar 

Edited by Schnauzahpowahz