You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheCompGuy25

Team Killing rates will drop because of 7.6

75 comments in this topic

[-S-R-]
Members
328 posts
7,336 battles

So I just read the following in the patch notes for 7.6:

"As part of our effort to improve the system for prevention of unsporting conduct, we have disabled the ability to cause a fire and flooding to an allied ship as a result of friendly fire;"

:cap_wander::cap_fainting:

Is that really saying what I'm reading it to say?????  So, going forward, you can damage a teammate from straight torp and gun damage but fires and flooding are removed.  Actually, I like the team damage mechanic but I disliked the possibility of a fire from a secondary battery that I don't control.  This really makes it a somewhat really purposeful thing to TK so I think I like this change.

:cap_like:  +1 WG!

Comp

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
19,273 posts
12,815 battles

inb4 "why not disable teamdamage altogether".

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Members
9,993 posts

So the tker's have to work harder? It takes so little damage to activate tk status, that I can hardly see that being much of an issue...Will be nice not to have to waste a repair on friendly fire though...:Smile_teethhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
6,442 posts
4,302 battles
9 minutes ago, TheCompGuy25 said:

Actually, I like the team damage mechanic but I disliked the possibility of a fire from a secondary battery that I don't control. 

I thought they'd already removed this possibility, but this patch makes things even better.

The other things I like that it prevents are:

1) Trolls who deliberately don't repair your fires or flood so that you become a straight-out teamkiller instead of just a team-damager.

2) Those awful moments when you accidentally clip a low health friendly who's just DCP'd with a single HE shell from your pathetic DD, so that they burn to death and lose you the game despite the shell shattering and removing no HP.

Needless to say, torpedo damage from the actual explosion is still going to account for a LOT of accidental TK's. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,696 posts
9,112 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I thought they'd already removed this possibility, but this patch makes things even better.

The other things I like that it prevents are:

1) Trolls who deliberately don't repair your fires or flood so that you become a straight-out teamkiller instead of just a team-damager.

2) Those awful moments when you accidentally clip a low health friendly who's just DCP'd with a single HE shell from your pathetic DD, so that they burn to death and lose you the game despite the shell shattering and removing no HP.

Needless to say, torpedo damage from the actual explosion is still going to account for a LOT of accidental TK's. 

This, they did remove fires from friendly secondary hits.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

I still think WG wants you to have to think about when you fire your torps, instead of having half of them hit your own teams ship so the other 2 torps go onto the target

• Cool 2

[REVY]
Members
954 posts
7,535 battles
19 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

As one of those 'trolls', I object to being called one.

I've been torp'd/shot several times in error by teammates. If I caught fire or began to flood, I let it continue to go until the Offender apologized in chat.

If you can't apologize for your mistake, why should I hit DC. Perhaps being pink will let the message sink in.

Edited by Lord_Slayer
  • Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 4

[ARGSY]
Members
6,442 posts
4,302 battles
4 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

I've been torp'd/shot several times in error by teammates. If I caught fire or began to flood, I let it continue to go until the Offender apologized in chat.

If you can't apologize for your mistake, why should I hit DC. Perhaps being pink will let the message sink in.

Then you're a selfish, self-centred :etc_swear:, because letting yourself bleed out like that hampers your team's chances of victory. There've been times I've accidentally team-damaged and been too busy dodging and shooting even to type "sorry" for quite some time.

A little forgiveness goes a long, long way. You can object all you like, but if that's the way you're going to behave then a troll is what you are, and a particularly disgusting one at that.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 12

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
472 posts

i think thats great for when you eat a torp from n aly at least you wont flood

[TBW]
Members
6,417 posts
12,065 battles
15 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

If you can't apologize for your mistake, why should I hit DC. Perhaps being pink will let the message sink in

You may be doing it for the right reasons but at the same time you punishing the whole team.

• Cool 3

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
16 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

I did the same in Ranked. Shima at the start reported me for sailing into his torpedoes, so I solved it by not repairing. The joy.

[ARP2]
Members
1,244 posts
3,569 battles
19 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Then you're a selfish, self-centred :etc_swear:, because letting yourself bleed out like that hampers your team's chances of victory. There've been times I've accidentally team-damaged and been too busy dodging and shooting even to type "sorry" for quite some time.

A little forgiveness goes a long, long way. You can object all you like, but if that's the way you're going to behave then a troll is what you are, and a particularly disgusting one at that.

Shooting your teammates does far more harm to the team.  Control your ordnance.  Quit expecting others to cover for your screwups.

• Cool 6

[-S-R-]
Members
328 posts
7,336 battles
48 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This, they did remove fires from friendly secondary hits.

I didn't realize they had done this.  When was this change made?    Please don't say, like, build 0.5.3 or something like that....

[ARGSY]
Members
6,442 posts
4,302 battles
5 minutes ago, Hatework said:

Shooting your teammates does far more harm to the team.  Control your ordnance.  Quit expecting others to cover for your screwups.

Sorry, no. Taking yourself out of the fight just because you want to throw a hissy fit at the person who team-shot you is far more damaging.

I've been deliberately teamkilled ONCE, and I know the difference between deliberate malice and a horrible mistake that I know the person on the other end feels awful about. I'm always happy to forgive the latter.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,556 battles
29 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you're causing team damage often enough for this to be a problem you deserve to be removed from the match no matter how much you apologize. I'll happily make you watch as your HP ticks down from the fire you set, and then I'll repair it as soon as you're removed. Enjoy playing in co-op.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,048 posts
10,510 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Sorry, no......

Not sorry, YES!

I always take with a grain of salt, anything said by a player with more posts on the forum than matches in the game. 

Oh look, 2,918 posts and 2,340 battles - more talky talky than shooty shooty ......

[ARGSY]
Members
6,442 posts
4,302 battles
9 minutes ago, Super_S1X said:

If you're causing team damage often enough for this to be a problem you deserve to be removed from the match no matter how much you apologize. I'll happily make you watch as your HP ticks down from the fire you set, and then I'll repair it as soon as you're removed. Enjoy playing in co-op.

No you won't, because WG won't let you burn down any more.  I will enjoy hearing your anguished screams at the loss of your troll fun.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,273 posts
12,815 battles
41 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Then you're a selfish, self-centred :etc_swear:, because letting yourself bleed out like that hampers your team's chances of victory.

Or your DCP might be on cooldown because you just used it and did not expect to get lit on fire / flooded by a supposed ally.

• Cool 4

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,556 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No you won't, because WG won't let you burn down any more.  I will enjoy hearing your anguished screams at the loss of your troll fun.

Guess I'll just run into your badly aimed torp spam then. :(

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,442 posts
4,302 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Or your DCP might be on cooldown because you just used it and did not expect to get lit on fire / flooded by a supposed ally.

That is true, yes, but people here are openly talking about deliberately letting their own ship burn or flood.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,273 posts
12,815 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That is true, yes, but people here are openly talking about deliberately letting their own ship burn or flood.

Which is very petty indeed.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,556 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I have deliberately let myself flood or burn many times until a bad player who wasn't careful is deleted from the game. This isn't trolling, it doesn't hamper MY chances of winning. A player who sucks so much that this happens a lot to them isn't a factor in whether we win or not anyway. Besides, the damage taken from fire ticks is far less than the damage they take from TK punishment.

• Bad 1

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,402 battles
47 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

en you're a selfish, self-centred :etc_swear:, because letting yourself bleed out like that hampers your team's chances of victory.

Or does it?   I'll routinely let those run me down to nearly nothing especially in ships like kamikaze, because AR is fully engaged then for torp reloads.    Makes a diff and actually makes me MORE valuable.   

Now i will be stuck grinding up against a BB for half the match to get that kind of health loss.  

Edited by AnimaL21
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-S-R-]
Members
328 posts
7,336 battles
1 minute ago, AnimaL21 said:

Or does it?   I'll routinely let those run me down to nearly nothing especially in ships like kamikaze, because AR is fully engaged then for torp reloads.    Makes a diff and actually makes me MORE valuable.   

Not a bad strategy at all, really, because if you're spotted in the Kami, you're doing it wrong.