You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GrimmeReaper

Clan Battles needs some Afternoon Time on Weekends!!!

12 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
Members
1,178 posts
10,416 battles

I think that is Stupid that people on the East Coast do not get any afternoon time on the weekends instead of having to be up to all hours of the night to do clan battles.  War Gaming should be able to be a bit more flexible on this and I basically find it as flipping us all off with these Clan Battle Times!!!!  War Gaming NEEDS TO GET A CLUE!!!!!

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[CUTIE]
[CUTIE]
Members
168 posts
8,437 battles

I'm fairly sure that the times are picked based on server traffic times.  You also need to keep in mind that during the week, CBs start during west coast working and dinner hours...

Members
335 posts
8,791 battles

How is being up from 7:30pm EST to 11:30pm EST that much of an issue?  It is not like you have to play past midnight.  A good portion of the clan war playerbase are from the west coast and it is already inconvenient enough that clan wars starts while many people in the west coast are still at work or in school (summer classes) and it interferes with dinner hours.

Edited by Destroyer_Hagikaze

[-TAB-]
Members
1,317 posts
6,885 battles
31 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

I think that is Stupid that people on the East Coast do not get any afternoon time on the weekends instead of having to be up to all hours of the night to do clan battles.  War Gaming should be able to be a bit more flexible on this and I basically find it as flipping us all off with these Clan Battle Times!!!!  War Gaming NEEDS TO GET A CLUE!!!!!

Having limited time windows in the first place makes even more gated which in turns makes it even moronic to limit a unique ship (instead of something cosmetic) as it's reward.

Edited by zarth12

Members
9,863 posts
36 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

Don't understand why it's so limited? :Smile_amazed:

Look how season two of Clan battles went...we hit a new high...for one day...then numbers plummeted....

Spoiler

bAPqgPl.png

From the beginning to end of Clan battles, we lost 30% of our peak traffic, so how do you think extending hours would affect that?

• Bad 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,178 posts
10,416 battles
57 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Don't understand why it's so limited? :Smile_amazed:

Look how season two of Clan battles went...we hit a new high...for one day...then numbers plummeted....

Reveal hidden contents

bAPqgPl.png

From the beginning to end of Clan battles, we lost 30% of our peak traffic, so how do you think extending hours would affect that?

How about making the weekend hours in the Afternoon!!!!!!  That is what I am getting at!!!!

[TBOW]
Members
1,178 posts
10,416 battles
1 hour ago, Destroyer_Hagikaze said:

How is being up from 7:30pm EST to 11:30pm EST that much of an issue?  It is not like you have to play past midnight.  A good portion of the clan war playerbase are from the west coast and it is already inconvenient enough that clan wars starts while many people in the west coast are still at work or in school (summer classes) and it interferes with dinner hours.

I was hoping for Afternoon hours on the weekend.   I guess I want to much from the simpletons!!!!!!

[JUICE]
Members
814 posts
6,369 battles
1 hour ago, Destroyer_Hagikaze said:

Some people actually work for a living and need to be up at 5:30 the next morning...........................................

• Cool 1

[FARQD]
Members
305 posts
5,881 battles
9 minutes ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

Some people actually work for a living and need to be up at 5:30 the next morning...........................................

Some of us still work for a living and can't be back home before 9-10PM sometimes. 

• Cool 1

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles

Cuts into the Strip Club hours on the weekends only leaves 2 good hours instead of the entire night lmbo.

I think they should split the day up and have 2 sessions one for the early birds and one for the night crew.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,037 posts
12,517 battles
1 hour ago, gcangel82 said:

I was hoping for Afternoon hours on the weekend.   I guess I want to much from the simpletons!!!!!!

Calm down man, you're going to break your exclamation mark key, and you need that key to spam HE.

Seriously though, they know there's an issue with having only a specific dedicated time block, and it doesn't work well for everybody. However, in NA alone, there are 4 time zones to account for, so if you're asking for an afternoon Eastern slot, that's like 10am on a Sunday on the west coast, which is no good.

Their long-term solution supposedly involves allowing cross-server play so you can catch whatever prime time band works best for you, but that's a lot of tech development, and won't be happening for some time.

• Cool 1

Members
335 posts
8,791 battles

Both sans and edgecase said what i wanted to say. 

10 hours ago, zarth12 said:

Having limited time windows in the first place makes even more gated which in turns makes it even moronic to limit a unique ship (instead of something cosmetic) as it's reward.

On the contrary, the limited hours makes the gated reward of a unique ship because it drives people to commit and be on the top of their game at those times.  Have you ever thought about it that away instead of just being blinded by your anti gated unique ship reward stance?