Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeliciousFart

0.7.6 Survivability Expert now affects how much the repair party heals

11 comments in this topic

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles

When leafing over the patch notes, this caught my eye, and might be something that's worthwhile to test, especially since @LittleWhiteMouse has done some extensive testing on the current Survivability Expert skill. Currently, I think Survivability Expert only grants +350 HP per tier but does not affect how much repair party heals, even if the in-game UI states otherwise. The 0.7.6 update notes state that:

image.thumb.png.941a0b36acde1abfccb295fd6538af9b.png

If this does indeed make it such that Survivability Expert actually affects how much repair party heals, then it essentially cancels out the extra damage done by fire and flooding, and may make the skill more viable even for certain cruisers.

This will certainly make for interesting testing when the patch arrives tomorrow.

EDIT: Yes, it does. 

Edited by DeliciousFart

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
136 posts
12,195 battles

Even more stupidly good for Grozovoi, Khabarovsk if this is true. 

Remember when the IJN DD line was good? Pepperidge Farm remembers...

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles
2 minutes ago, AbyssAngkor said:

True, this will make the Khabarovsk even more survivable, which I'm not sure if it needs to be right now.

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
136 posts
12,195 battles

Not to mention SE also has other hidden perks. It increases your overall health, which means it adds HP to your bow, stern, and superstructure. This will allow your extremities to soak up more damage that would otherwise go to your "primary health pool," aka citadel health. WG already explained how overpen damage works on damage saturated extremities in their "How it works" video.

[CAPGO]
Members
507 posts
3,255 battles
5 minutes ago, AbyssAngkor said:

Not to mention SE also has other hidden perks. It increases your overall health, which means it adds HP to your bow, stern, and superstructure. This will allow your extremities to soak up more damage that would otherwise go to your "primary health pool," aka citadel health. WG already explained how overpen damage works on damage saturated extremities in their "How it works" video.

I don't think that's how it works... You want less HP in your bow, stern, and superstructure so.. it deplete faster so you don't take additional damage anymore.

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
136 posts
12,195 battles

Maybe you're right. On the other hand, I want to know how repair party will affect damage saturation. Does it recover health for the entire ship, or just the citadel? How does it heal depleted sections of the ship? What if a signal flag is added?

Raises more questions than it clarifies.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,724 posts
9,426 battles
33 minutes ago, AbyssAngkor said:

My T-1000 Khab build approves of this change. 

I have a Shima and Gearing with gold camo that I no longer play, as both have been power crept to irrelevance. 

Members
271 posts
9,424 battles

I think this is just "fixing the glitch" where before it would show that running SE would increase the amount of heal. But it is only based on the regular health of the ship.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,025 posts
7,604 battles

I'll add it to the list of things to double check tomorrow.

• Cool 2

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles

Some Redditors ran experiments with SE, and yes, with 0.7.6, the heal now is affected by Survivability Expert, making it more viable on some cruisers.

[INTEL]
Members
8,402 posts
25,221 battles

Thanks, am going to buy back groz after I get back from vacation. 

Sign in to follow this