Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Update 7.6 patchnotes

15 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles

Very interesting.

I have to admit disappointment that I can't get premium consumables in the more credits boxes anymore - selecting them gave out all sorts of stuff, as well as the much-desired money.

On the other hand, getting coal in them will be very useful.

The mission to get 5000 coal for 20,000 Base XP looks good - I wonder if it will be repeatable.

The removal of fire and flood from team damage is nothing short of excellent. That nasty little loophole where a troll could let themselves burn out or flood to make you a teamkiller is now closed.

• Cool 3

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,878 battles
29 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The removal of fire and flood from team damage is nothing short of excellent. That nasty little loophole where a troll could let themselves burn out or flood to make you a teamkiller is now closed.

How easy was that.

[TCANS]
Beta Testers
127 posts
870 battles

Hmmm...three TX rentals for clan battles...maybe I should join a real clan that does clan battles. 

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
40 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I agree that this is a good change. Not just from a troll perspective, but if you accidentally set 1 fire on a BB, it still makes sense for them to let it burn, if they're engaged. Them bailing out the accident puts them in greater jeopardy.

[NPG]
Members
57 posts
1,846 battles

If I understand this correctly, No fire or flood damage opens up the opportunity for people to troll in another way. If they are in a high fire chance ship and you do something they don't like they can pop you just enough to start that fire but not enough to go pink. This now forces you to either burn your repair kit or take the burn damage.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
5 minutes ago, Vengeance said:

If I understand this correctly, No fire or flood damage opens up the opportunity for people to troll in another way. If they are in a high fire chance ship and you do something they don't like they can pop you just enough to start that fire but not enough to go pink. This now forces you to either burn your repair kit or take the burn damage.

I don't know what you mean. I took the notes to mean that you cannot set fire to, or cause flooding in friendly ships.

[TMS]
Members
1,623 posts
21,656 battles
7 minutes ago, Vengeance said:

You can not set fire to or flood friendlies. 

[TOG]
Members
2,352 posts
14,601 battles
18 minutes ago, FratStar4Life said:

Wew next CB season starts this weekend

It starts at 2030 pm EST. Doable on the  weekend I suppose.

And this:

Now, daily containers and supercontainers will contain new resources—Coal and Steel.

• More Credits, More Signals and Camouflages, and More Consumables containers—400 Coal.

In the More Credits containers, Coal has replaced enhanced consumables;

• Try Your Luck containers—900 Coal;
  • Supercontainers—15,000 Coal or 1,500 Steel.

So now the containers get placed by coal. And it looks like Try your luck is the go to container now.

[CAFE]
Members
1,393 posts
10,655 battles
4 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

I think you are mistaken - Start time is 19:30 (7:30PM ET)... Prime time, PT: 4:30 PM–8:30 PM

[TOG]
Members
2,352 posts
14,601 battles

Eh, you're correct. Was Thinking of DST.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
40 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

And this:

Now, daily containers and supercontainers will contain new resources—Coal and Steel.

• More Credits, More Signals and Camouflages, and More Consumables containers—400 Coal.

In the More Credits containers, Coal has replaced enhanced consumables;

• Try Your Luck containers—900 Coal;
  • Supercontainers—15,000 Coal or 1,500 Steel.

So now the containers get placed by coal. And it looks like Try your luck is the go to container now.

Read carefully.

We used to get premium consumables sometimes in the More Credits crates (something I like); we will now get coal in place of those premium consumables when we select More Credits, but credits etc will still be given. 

Non-TYL containers which give coal will, when they give it, give 400 at a time. (I think this has been increased from 300) But they might not always give it.

TYL containers, when they give coal, will give 900. Of course we will have to see by experiment whether this is all they give when a Supercontainer is not obtained. (They will probably also give flags and camo.)

It looks as though coal MIGHT be replacing premium consumables in the TYL crates as well, but the wording appears a bit ambiguous. Thus it appears you will specifically have to select "more consumables" crates in order to get premium consumables.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[NPG]
Members
57 posts
1,846 battles

Ok my screw up I don't know why but I was thinking the fire could still be set but they wouldn't accure the damage for it... sorry. Went back and looked at it after the coffee finally kick started my brain.

Sign in to follow this