You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KSN

70 Years... I'm gobsmacked!

71 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,044 posts
8,214 battles

This popped up on my youtube recommended list tonight:

@Sub_Octavian @Femennenly @Pigeon_of_War @Gneisenau013 I thought this deserved your astute attention on this fascinating individual. I wonder if he'd like trying to play World of Warships; or at least being able to see first hand the digital development of RN Destroyers, etc by War Gaming... you all should contact this fellow (imho). If this level of passion for warships doesn't deserve recognition, idk what does.

But more than anything... hats off to this man, and 70 years of passion and dedication to the creation of these warship pieces.

• Cool 25

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles

That's bloody awesome modeling from this old chap!

I particularly appreciated the step-by-step display, and would dearly love to have the chance to visit and see the whole exhibit in person.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
69 posts
2,763 battles

I noticed a few Australian and New Zealand ships in there.  I wonder if he has done Haida as well

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
536 posts
11,824 battles

Just don't mention that WOWS has HE fire...

Impressive (if obsessive) work there, hope the collection eventually goes to a museum

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

1,044 posts
8,214 battles
1 minute ago, nagasakee said:

...hope the collection eventually goes to a museum

Given he exhibits it at Naval historical tourist sites, I would hope that's part of his plans; would be a shame otherwise.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
2 hours ago, KSN said:

This popped up on my youtube recommended list tonight:

@Sub_Octavian @Femennenly @Pigeon_of_War @Gneisenau013 I thought this deserved your astute attention on this fascinating individual. I wonder if he'd like trying to play World of Warships; or at least being able to see first hand the digital development of RN Destroyers, etc by War Gaming... you all should contact this fellow (imho). If this level of passion for warships doesn't deserve recognition, idk what does.

But more than anything... hats off to this man, and 70 years of passion and dedication to the creation of these warship pieces.

Wow 1st off Thanks for posting, KSN this man is a TRUE model builder. Wargaming IMO you all should offer this Gentleman a 30 day Free Premium Account or at very least offer him a trip to WG HQ to show off how Wargaming does it.

@WolfofWarship I see that you are on, can you pass this up the chain of command. please?

• Cool 1

1,044 posts
8,214 battles
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

Wow 1st off Thanks for posting, KSN this man is a TRUE model builder. Wargaming IMO you all should offer this Gentleman a 30 day Free Premium Account or at very least offer him a trip to WG HQ to show off how Wargaming does it.

@WolfofWarship I see that you are on, can you pass this up the chain of command. please?

I'm just worried he doesn't own a computer to even play it. I think this may rise to the level of in person visit imho.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
Just now, KSN said:

I'm just worried he doesn't own a computer to even play it. I think this may rise to the level of in person visit imho.

True, but you never know, I hope Wargaming can offer him something even a T-Shirt, I am just amazed at his skill. I would give you a +1 for posting this but I max out until reset.

1,044 posts
8,214 battles
2 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

True, but you never know, I hope Wargaming can offer him something even a T-Shirt, I am just amazed at his skill. I would give you a +1 for posting this but I max out until reset.

I think virtually modeling and digitizing one of his creations (something that WGing isn't making atm), might be that type of acknowledgement; in addition to some WoWs swag, and WGing featuring him on their news so everyone else that doesn't read the forums can be made aware of this really cool as @#$@ collection. But that's my take on it...

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
Just now, KSN said:

I think virtually modeling and digitizing one of his creations (something that WGing isn't making atm), might be that type of acknowledgement; in addition to some WoWs swag, and WGing featuring him on their news so everyone else that doesn't read the forums can be made aware of this really cool as @#$@ collection. But that's my take on it...

I agree I think they should do something, I used to build Plastic Models when I was a kid, my room was covered with them so many my Dad put shelves all round the room so I could have room for them - WWII Ships and Airplanes. I thought I was a modeler back then, but this guy is just amazing.

[4HIM]
Members
1,698 posts
3,861 battles

WoWS should pay the man a visit.  Maybe do one of their videos with him.  Maybe have a special 'matchstick' camo made in his honor.  Perhaps see if he'd like to be made into a WoWS Captain in the game.  

• Cool 4

[42]
Members
6,615 posts
25,193 battles

Impressive!

Thanks for posting.

[LEGIT]
Members
387 posts
6,129 battles

That man deserves full and utmost respect.. Devoting nearly his entire life in making those models.. I was also amazed on how he added so much minor detail with just matchsticks... Its simply incredible

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
1 hour ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Maybe have a special 'matchstick' camo made in his honor.

Now that is a great idea.:Smile_medal:

[LEGIT]
Members
387 posts
6,129 battles
1 hour ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Maybe have a special 'matchstick' camo made in his honor. 

Ship solely decorated with matchsticks..

Also would suggest making a In game medal  for  researching 100+ ships called 'Matchstick Devotion' ( Im also open to other  names for this in game medal ) that can be acquired only once

Edited by KAGA_kaini

[-K-]
Members
5,038 posts
8,925 battles

Um....do you think he's married?

• Funny 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,498 battles

Wow this guy builds them from wood like match sticks, he deserves a medal :Smile_medal:, talented guy

thanks for sharing

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,338 battles

Sweet mother Mary...

Matchsticks? Just matchsticks? For those?

I...

I don't even know.

That's dedication on a whole new level.

1,044 posts
8,214 battles
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Um....do you think he's married?

I don’t think any better word applies to that level of devotion; and if not make sure to use a Royal Navy chaplain!

1,044 posts
8,214 battles
5 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

WoWS should pay the man a visit.  Maybe do one of their videos with him.  Maybe have a special 'matchstick' camo made in his honor.  Perhaps see if he'd like to be made into a WoWS Captain in the game.  

I really hope they contact this man too. Have him design the cami with them; lol he’s got more experience probably than the entire WoWs s dev team combined... whipper-snappers!

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,388 posts
4,284 battles

Bloody glorious. And with just matchsticks. That's the good old British eccentricity right there. Bravo indeed.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
5,647 battles

It would be fun to have a football field sized gaming area and play some pen and paper Harpoon with this collection.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,022 posts
9,182 battles

Wow that is just amazing. I built a lot of models as a kid and did not realize how spoiled I was. I had kits! This guy does it all with match sticks! Truly awesome.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
3 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

It would be fun to have a football field sized gaming area and play some pen and paper Harpoon with this collection.

Or Jutland, (Yeah I am that old).:cap_haloween:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jutland_(game)

JutlandBoxFront.jpg

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 1