Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kaoskdf

wth?!?

9 comments in this topic

[LDC]
Members
15 posts
3,382 battles

1.wth just happened? Had a T7ish random battle on the 2 brothers map. Long story short 8 of our side and 9 of the Red side ALL went up the middle. We traded caps, we sank more ships but lost> wth happened? Is there a way to go back and see the battle birds eye view? I didn't go MID (ended up sinking wounded ships that limped out and capping RED base) but would love to see the action. I'm sure it was a hoot!

2. wth does RNG mean? I know it has something to do with random...something or another. Noob question I know....

3.  Why TF can't I use my T8 DD Loyang ship XP to research T9 Chung Mu?

4. Why TF do I always get more ramming signal flags when I already have 60, and desperately need speed, fire chance, detonation ....etc?

5.  WHY TF do I feel like ALL the USN (Both heavy and light) Cruisers are so damn fragile? I mean Why TF can't we have ONE just ONE cruiser that can tank just like some of the other nation lines? Same basic play style for what..2, 4, 6, no wait 8 ships? Feel like I'm reading shampoo directions off of the bottle. Apply, rinse, repeat. Historically correct? Really? 

WOW. Sorry for the venting. Can someone, anyone guide me along the yellow brick road please. 

Fair seas Captains!

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
557 posts

1. hard to say without replays. Im guessing one side or another got to 1000 points or went out backwards on zero points.

2. Random Number Generator

3. The loyang is a premium ship, and thus not attached to the tech tree. You can use doubloons to convert the locked ship XP to Free XP that can be used to research ships if you so chose to.

4. Do you ram a lot?

5. if you think USN cruisers are fragile wait until you play the RN ones.

[CAST]
Members
1,404 posts
5,819 battles
27 minutes ago, Kaoskdf said:

1.wth just happened? Had a T7ish random battle on the 2 brothers map. Long story short 8 of our side and 9 of the Red side ALL went up the middle. We traded caps, we sank more ships but lost> wth happened? Is there a way to go back and see the battle birds eye view? I didn't go MID (ended up sinking wounded ships that limped out and capping RED base) but would love to see the action. I'm sure it was a hoot!

2. wth does RNG mean? I know it has something to do with random...something or another. Noob question I know....

4. Why TF do I always get more ramming signal flags when I already have 60, and desperately need speed, fire chance, detonation ....etc?

5.  WHY TF do I feel like ALL the USN (Both heavy and light) Cruisers are so damn fragile? I mean Why TF can't we have ONE just ONE cruiser that can tank just like some of the other nation lines? Same basic play style for what..2, 4, 6, no wait 8 ships? Feel like I'm reading shampoo directions off of the bottle. Apply, rinse, repeat. Historically correct? Really? 

WOW. Sorry for the venting. Can someone, anyone guide me along the yellow brick road please. 

Fair seas Captains!

1) You need to enable replays before they will be recorded. Link

2) Random Number Generator.  In the WoWs community it's generally taken to mean anything based on random chance--the dispersion of your shells/torpedoes, whether an HE hit starts a fire, hits or misses by dive bombers, etc.  It's also used inaccurately by many players to describe things which aren't random at all, but that's Warships. :Smile_teethhappy:

3) Premium ships exist outside of the standard tech trees.  While you cannot directly use a Lo Yang to research the Chung Mu, you can use the free XP earned while playing Lo Yang (and any other ships) toward researching standard ships.  You can also pay doubloons (gold) to convert elite experience earned on your fully researched ships into yet more free XP.  Which is not to say that's necessarily the smart way to go....Lo Yang plays much differently than Chung Mu, and for more reasons than just having deep water torpedoes instead of the standard ones on LY.

4) RNG. :Smile_teethhappy:  Pay attention to daily missions which spring up, many of which can earn you specific signals rather than the random ones found in containers.  There's a daily mission this week which nets you the Sierra Mike (speed) signal, for instance.

5) Every mid-tier cruiser is fragile; if you want to tank, either stay at tier III or switch over to battleships. :Smile-_tongue:  Seriously, though, running the risk of being deleted every time you show your side (or any part of your ship in some cases) is supposed to teach tactics like using terrain, teammates (aka, alternate targets), and positioning yourself on the opposite side of an enemy ship's guns.  These are skills you're going to need when you get to tier 10, because while your cruisers are (mostly) better armored up there, your opponents are shooting far more accurate guns as well (and many of them will actually be decent players).

:Smile_honoring:

Edited by Harv72b

[STURM]
Members
273 posts
2,784 battles

1. Sounds like your team lost either on points or caps. If it was lettered caps, the red team probably got the neutral caps and then won with points. If it was the base capture battle mode, then the first team to capture the opposing base wins, period. Nothing else matters in that case.

2. RNG = random number generator. (or god sometimes.) Basically, it determines the outcome of anything with any variance in it, from shell grouping, to ricochets at some angles, to container contents.

3. Loyang is a premium ship. As such, it cannot use it's EXP without paying doubloons to convert them into free EXP. To get the T9 Chung Mu, you need to research your way through the T8 Hsienyang and all earlier ships first.

4. Either you get lots of Die-Hard medals, or RNG just wants to give you those from containers frequently.

5. USN cruisers are glass cannons. They have great offense through HE spam (if light) or great AP shells (if heavy). On the downside, their armor is bad, and no torpedoes mean no short range alpha strike. Really though, not many cruisers last long when focused by anything, so they are all kind of fragile.  

EDIT: Crap, ninja'ed twice.

Edited by Baskerville77

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,343 posts
9,433 battles

I saw the bots all head for the middle once in Co-Op...  Us two human players sat back and watched.

Game was rather short as the red team hit zero before I could get a shot in.

Members
3,416 posts
6,084 battles
5 hours ago, Kaoskdf said:

Historically correct? Really?

You REALLY do not want historically correct battles in this game - it will be a god awful boring mess.  Every ship has radar, hit rates in the single digits at best, take forever to get anywhere etc... 

Each line/Nation in general has strengths and weaknesses to prevent a line/Nation from being absolute dominant. US has fragile ships but with radar and AP shells that do a VERY good chunk of damage.  IJN BBs shoot a lot of shells but they have a lot of dispersion.  IJN DDs generally are stealth ships with eh guns for the most part.  German BBs are strong crawlers and the CAs are as well, in general etc... etc... etc...

[CAST]
Members
1,171 posts
7,210 battles
5 hours ago, Kaoskdf said:

Fair seas Captains!

1.  If you lost and were trading caps, then most likely they finished  capping your base first.  You should turn on the replays feature so that you can go back and review any games if you have any questions about what happened during the game.  Plus, it helps if there is ever a dispute during a mission for rewards.

2.  RNG - Random Number Generator,  Used to calculate the dispersion of the shots, or the chance of detonation if hit, or chance of fire, etc.

3.  Loyang is not a tech tree ship.  It is a great trainer for all your tech tree ship captains for the Pan-Asian line.

4.  That one has been a mystery.  It's almost like they determine what you need the least, and that is what you get.

5.  USN cruisers do seem a bit more fragile than other lines.  They make up for it with firepower and mobility.  You need to be more careful with your placement on the battlefield.  The USN does have that one cruiser that can tank extremely well.  It is the Des Moines.  It is trollish when bow tanking and can deal a tremendous amount of damage to opponents from the front guns.  Like any cruiser, it is fragile when broadside.

[DANKY]
Members
445 posts
1,565 battles
27 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

You REALLY do not want historically correct battles in this game - it will be a god awful boring mess.  Every ship has radar, hit rates in the single digits at best, take forever to get anywhere etc... 

Adding to the fun, I'd toss in randomly malfunctioning equipment, perfect torp salvos that bounce off due to a dud fuse, vast differences in crew training and seamanship (IJN was really OP, especially at night, for AT LEAST the first half of the war), high fragging rates due to imperfect intelligence and the aforementioned malfunctions (no radio, no IFF), logistics considerations...  

Sign in to follow this