Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
awiggin

So, hows the new penalty system working out?

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,801
Members
9,994 posts

Is it my imagination or does it seem like since the new penalty system was instituted, we have more afk's per game, not less?

I really haven't been playing much at all, but it seems like every game I do play has a minimum of one afk, and usually more. Pretty much non-stop complaints in port chat about it too.

Working as intended?:Smile_amazed:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,867
[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,714 posts
3,941 battles

I've seen ONE. And he at least wasn't pink already and actually started to move after a stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
457
[VW]
Members
1,949 posts
12,499 battles

Who cares? Afk in random is irrelevant. Just means more xp for you! That derp would have yolod and died doing no damage anyway its not like he was gonna carry you

Edited by monpetitloup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I think awareness has improved since the "New" Justice program has been enacted.

Awareness yes, personal motivation on the other hand hasn't changed and Pink still happens.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,059
Members
3,821 posts
14,163 battles

I've rarely seen AFKs since the penalty system was introduced. Most of those that I've seen are only AFK for the first half minute to a minute into the battle. That's a lot better than folks who didn't come on until the battle was almost over, and lost, or never.

It also proves that the lame excuses about being DCd were just that. That, or everyone's connections greatly improved at the same time that the penalty system was introduced.

Edited by ReddNekk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,867
[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,714 posts
3,941 battles
29 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Who cares? Afk in random is irrelevant. Just means more cp for you! That derp would have yolod and died doing no damage anyway its not like he was gonna carry you

HARDLY irrelevant bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
185
[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,863 battles

Haven't noticed anything untoward lately. A few pinkies. That is about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
185
[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,863 battles
53 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I think awareness has improved since the "New" Justice program has been enacted.

Awareness yes, personal motivation on the other hand hasn't changed and Pink still happens.  

" New Justice Program " Sounds so, oh you know, Governmental. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
457
[VW]
Members
1,949 posts
12,499 battles
48 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

HARDLY irrelevant bro.

Of course it is. If you cant carry at least 2-3 deadbeats you’re going to lose no matter what. One non cv player afk in random has no effect on the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,867
[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,714 posts
3,941 battles
1 minute ago, monpetitloup said:

Of course it is. If you cant carry at least 2-3 deadbeats you’re going to lose no matter what. One non cv player afk in random has no effect on the game.

One non CV player makes a world of difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
457
[VW]
Members
1,949 posts
12,499 battles
2 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

One non CV player makes a world of difference.

Youre right. If you mean yourself. I assume you would not be afk. Therefore the guy afk is irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,867
[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,714 posts
3,941 battles
1 minute ago, monpetitloup said:

Youre right. If you mean yourself. I assume you would not be afk. Therefore the guy afk is irrelevant.

Let's say I'm bottom tier in an 8 and a yamato on my team goes AFK.

Irrelevant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Community Department
2,128 posts
520 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

Is it my imagination or does it seem like since the new penalty system was instituted, we have more afk's per game, not less?

I really haven't been playing much at all, but it seems like every game I do play has a minimum of one afk, and usually more. Pretty much non-stop complaints in port chat about it too.

Working as intended?:Smile_amazed:

Most likely it's your imagination. The system was upgraded to reduce regular afk behaviour in random battles. It's impossible for now to eliminate afk as a phenomenon due to many reasons of such behavior. And there is no system which can predict if someone will act in a minute or more from the start. The regular afk players are forced to play in coop and need to solve the issues if they have. So the system works normal as for now.  If we see the further development of it, we'll implement it in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
457
[VW]
Members
1,949 posts
12,499 battles
2 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Let's say I'm bottom tier in an 8 and a yamato on my team goes AFK.

Irrelevant?

Yes. To use the argument of the defenders of tier 8 mm “you can do very well in tier 8 in a tier 10 match.” What makes you think the afk yammy actually knows how to play and wasnt just gonna sit in the back line “defending the base” until he was the last one left?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,867
[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,714 posts
3,941 battles
Just now, monpetitloup said:

Yes. To use the argument of the defenders of tier 8 mm “you can do very well in tier 8 in a tier 10 match.” What makes you think the afk yammy actually knows how to play and wasnt just gonna sit in the back line “defending the base” until he was the last one left?

Still more useful than an afk. Next red herring plox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
457
[VW]
Members
1,949 posts
12,499 battles
Just now, J30_Reinhardt said:

Still more useful than an afk. Next red herring plox.

Not at all. An afk is just a bad player you have to compensate for. Not a problem whatsoever in random matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,867
[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,714 posts
3,941 battles
Just now, monpetitloup said:

Not at all. An afk is just a bad player you have to compensate for. Not a problem whatsoever in random matches.

Someone that shoots vs someone that doesn't. Real difficult choice there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
457
[VW]
Members
1,949 posts
12,499 battles
1 minute ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Someone that shoots vs someone that doesn't. Real difficult choice there.

Someone can shoot all day and do no damage or even do damage to teammates. At least two topics on this today alone. How do you explain the bottom 2-3 players every match? They really didn’t contribute much. The top 5 players more than compensate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
904
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,473 posts
8,148 battles

Were not all AFK. Something about this game is damned weird when it comes to loading and even after getting a higher speed internet, using a hardline, running every possible thing, one match I load in 20 seconds early, and the next I may never load as I scream at my screen for it to do so, especially after they added the penalty that so far, I've thankfully dodged. Which is why I'm against the damn penalty. I have ruled out every possibility on my end, every last one, it's something screwy in wargamings end, or code, or an optimization issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,867
[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,714 posts
3,941 battles
9 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Someone can shoot all day and do no damage or even do damage to teammates. At least two topics on this today alone. How do you explain the bottom 2-3 players every match? They really didn’t contribute much. The top 5 players more than compensate.

If they contributed more than zero they weren't afk. Damage isn't the only useful thing in a fight. Hell even YOLOing will result in people being spotted which is something an AFKer can't do.

Or can you not understand simple concepts like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
457
[VW]
Members
1,949 posts
12,499 battles
9 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

If they contributed more than zero they weren't afk. Damage isn't the only useful thing in a fight. Hell even YOLOing will result in people being spotted which is something an AFKer can't do.

Or can you not understand simple concepts like that?

It just doesn’t really matter in random battles. In ranked of course it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Community Department
2,128 posts
520 battles
23 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Were not all AFK. Something about this game is damned weird when it comes to loading and even after getting a higher speed internet, using a hardline, running every possible thing, one match I load in 20 seconds early, and the next I may never load as I scream at my screen for it to do so, especially after they added the penalty that so far, I've thankfully dodged. Which is why I'm against the damn penalty. I have ruled out every possibility on my end, every last one, it's something screwy in wargamings end, or code, or an optimization issue. 

Have you ever asked Support to investigate the issue? Make WGCheck and attach it to the ticket.  

4 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

It just doesn’t really matter in random battles. In ranked of course it does.

From my point it always matters. But in some random battles if your crew sanks one or two reds at the start it is not as dramatically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,490 posts
6,189 battles

I have seen nothing that shows AFK getting worse in any way.  Most are not AFK anyhow since people jump the gun way too soon and do not check the gun placement before shouting AFK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,490 posts
6,189 battles
4 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

I have ruled out every possibility on my end, every last one, it's something screwy in wargamings end, or code, or an optimization issue. 

Than a lot more folks would have it as well - sounds like there could be a routing issue or some amount of packet loss along the route, neither of which WG can do anything about.  Very likely to be a combination of things - including things not found out potentially on your side still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
599
[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,577 battles
6 hours ago, awiggin said:

Is it my imagination or does it seem like since the new penalty system was instituted, we have more afk's per game, not less?

I really haven't been playing much at all, but it seems like every game I do play has a minimum of one afk, and usually more. Pretty much non-stop complaints in port chat about it too.

Working as intended?:Smile_amazed:

 

I got pink because 1 game My fault I bumped into a ship next game 3 ships bumped me ..there fault and I get a 1 game pink, didn’t even know till I loaded into game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×