Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Losing their purpose

8 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
2,164 posts
9,615 battles

With the introduction of the Kronstadt and soon the Stalingrad, have the French tier 9&10 cruisers lost their reason for being? The only real advantages they have are being faster, at least with speed boost, and a few torps. Kronstadt even gets better concealment than Henri. Stalingrad may too. Seems like anything the French can do the Russians can do better, except run away. Hope I am missing something.

[-CIV-]
Members
185 posts
2,243 battles

One thing could be that the French cruisers are normal tech tree, while Kronstadt and Stalingrad are premiums.  Any player can earn and play the French cruisers without having to spend money; while the premiums do.  And while Kronstadt and Stalingrad might be overall better ships than the French cruisers, you could argue that them being premiums justifies this too.

• Bad 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,710 posts
9,384 battles
4 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

The only real advantages they have are being faster, at least with speed boost

Did you know how hard it is to just get a SC, and how harder it is to POP premium speed boost to even use in the French cruiser??? I been eyeing out for SC for 8 months for the damn premium speed boost and got none ... So your statement is not valid, not many player can get the Kron yet

And for the Stallingrad ..... player have to do a long ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- for steel/coal grind.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,369 posts
7,938 battles

Actually, French cruisers have more AA Than Kron at least. Situayonal yes, but Kron is a CV's favourite XP pinata.

[SPTR]
Members
25,610 posts
10,798 battles

French cruisers t9 and t10 especially are mobile and can shellbeat around even cruiser salvos they are at their prime on the flanks of enemy ships, speedtanking, shaving off the sides of the enemy team this will falter the enemies mental effectiveness as you attack them from a different direction to the bulk of the enemy team.

[CVA16]
Members
2,164 posts
9,615 battles

Stalingrad is now out in all its OP glory so I thought I'd resurrect this necro thread. I can see no advantage the Henri has over the Stalingrad.The Stalingrad is even faster than the Henri unless the Henri kicks in Speed Boost. The new reload booster is good for an extra salvo or two.  With Stalingrads HP advantage, this is meaningless. Stalingrad brings radar so it will always be the better team boat. As far as I can tell, the Henri is inferior in every way except torps (only 3 and only 8K). Am I missing something?

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,710 posts
9,384 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

I thought I'd resurrect this necro thread

First, you forget that players have to do a long grind to get the Stallingrad. Only a few will get her.

Secondly, we now have main battery booster for "15 sec". They dont

Thirdly, it too soon to speculate, jump the gun or whatever, unless you, yes YOU, have the Stallingrad, and compare to t9/t10, then post your opinion.

Fourth, we have speed boost as premium consumable, and lengendary module, they DONT.

Lastly, player base skills .............. does count.

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
2,851 posts
7,980 battles

I was initially concerned about Kron, but I am more concerned with Des Moines, Worcester, Mino, and those Montana salvos from across the map.  And, I own a Kron.

Sign in to follow this