You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Eisennagel

Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes turns up the heat

11 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
9,033 posts

After a deluge of bridal waifu and husbandoo late spring, summer opens up with the perennial anime meme --- the beach episode with the swimsuits.

Tana and her brother Innes hits the beach, with Cordellia and Noire.  I think this is Noire's first appearance in FHE and she looks totally grumpy in her swimsuit; the others are new alts, with Cordelia being her third.  The art keeps getting better and better, and this is the best looking Cordelia yet but whether she's as powerful as her bridal version might be another matter.  Tama also gives me a new flying tome user that I need.  

Last year's summer swimsuits are also back for a rerun.  I definitely want Tiki with her Melon Crusher, not just because her attack are outrageously hilarious, they are also crazy powerful.  She still might be the most powerful summer seasonal unit of all.

There is going to be some major parting of gaming budget with this.  However, one reason I shifted from Fate GO to FHE is that their odds are not as outrageously low with 1% or lower for five stars in FGO,  With FHE it is 3% to 4.5% for five star focus, 3% to 4.5% for five star, which makes your chances of winning a five star, any five star at 6 to 9%.  However, its getting the five star that you really want that is the problem.

In Google Play, Fire Emblem Heroes is rated #1 for Simulation, putting it ahead of another Nintendo mobile game, Animal Crossing.  Simulation?  Simulating what?  If its about a tactical waifu simulator I'm all for it.

Edited by Eisennagel

Members
4,731 posts
5,464 battles

I just want a regular Tana. That way I can have a lance flyer that actually has decent artwork(I already have Palla - working on getting her to an A-rank summoner support before I spend the hero feathers to make her a 5 star unit - and Caeda, but I think Palla is the better red sword flyer). Love Cuboon's artwork, he/she's done quite a few of the Cipher cards as well.

Haven't been lucky with the free summons on blue orbs yet(though I have pulled 5 stars from free summons, just not Tana :Smile_sad:). I'm hoping one of the upcoming legendary hero banners features Tana as one of the other blue units, since that's the best way to get 5 star uniques with the 8% pull rate base. The Legendary Hero banners are how I managed to get me a Micaiah, Legendary Lyn(obviously), and PA! Olivia. (plus a handful of others, but those three are my main units now)

Edit: I may actually use up most of my orb trying to get S! Tiki, now that I think about it, lol. I need more green units anyway. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Beta Testers
9,033 posts

Tana was hard to get the first time around.  When her regular form turned out again earlier this year, I just had to splurge for it.   Flying units are something I must get to for my brigade, with the regular Tana a flying lancer and summer Tana a flying tome user.  I have set up a brigade made mostly of flying units and cavalry

[REVY]
Members
6,010 posts
5,102 battles
13 hours ago, Eisennagel said:

After a deluge of bridal waifu and husbandoo late spring, summer opens up with the perennial anime meme --- the beach episode with the swimsuits.

Tana and her brother Innes hits the beach, with Cordellia and Noire.  I think this is Noire's first appearance in FHE and she looks totally grumpy in her swimsuit; the others are new alts, with Cordelia being her third.  The art keeps getting better and better, and this is the best looking Cordelia yet but whether she's as powerful as her bridal version might be another matter.  Tama also gives me a new flying tome user that I need.  

Last year's summer swimsuits are also back for a rerun.  I definitely want Tiki with her Melon Crusher, not just because her attack are outrageously hilarious, they are also crazy powerful.  She still might be the most powerful summer seasonal unit of all.

There is going to be some major parting of gaming budget with this.  However, one reason I shifted from Fate GO to FHE is that their odds are not as outrageously low with 1% or lower for five stars in FGO,  With FHE it is 3% to 4.5% for five star focus, 3% to 4.5% for five star, which makes your chances of winning a five star, any five star at 6 to 9%.  However, its getting the five star that you really want that is the problem.

In Google Play, Fire Emblem Heroes is rated #1 for Simulation, putting it ahead of another Nintendo mobile game, Animal Crossing.  Simulation?  Simulating what?  If its about a tactical waifu simulator I'm all for it.

Darn, with a thread title like that, I expected to see Rinkah.

Beta Testers
9,033 posts
8 hours ago, Sventex said:

Darn, with a thread title like that, I expected to see Rinkah.

Sooner or later FEH will get to her, if the game slows down on making new alts for existing characters.   The character list grows every month.

Members
335 posts
8,786 battles

I think also there is supposedly a mercy factor in heroes if you don't roll any 5 stars for a long while just like other gacha games. 

Beta Testers
9,033 posts
1 hour ago, Destroyer_Hagikaze said:

I think also there is supposedly a mercy factor in heroes if you don't roll any 5 stars for a long while just like other gacha games. 

The game does tell you outright what are your percentages.

If you roll a three star, the chances of a five star increases in the next roll, which goes up to 4.5%.   These chances will slightly increase until you hit a five star, which then resets the percentages back to 3%.  

It goes like this

5* focused - 3%

5* - 3%

3" - 37%

4* - 56%

As in all gacha games, focused means the characters that are currently the focus of the event banner, which is your prime interest.

Collectively your chances of a 5* is actually 6 to 9%.  But if you get a five star that you already have before, or you don't want, the counter still resets.  

You have to form a roll strategy, in the case, if the focused hero you want is a green hero, you only turn over the green stones, red hero for red stones and so on.    This is easy if the banner has focused heroes all on a different color.  But if the banner has two focused heroes in the same color, that becomes a problem, since you might end up getting two or more copies of the same focused hero instead of getting the other one with the same color.

I developed my own rule and acquisition strategy when it comes to a gacha game.  That is, there is no need to catch them all.

Beta Testers
9,033 posts

Intelligent Systems has no mercy going after your wallet.   Summer has been one swimsuit after another.   The voice actress who does Tiki, she sounds familiar, I think I heard of her, was it in Final Fantasy 14?