Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

6 comments in this topic

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,943 battles

first of all i would like to say that i have a overall sense of what im doing for the most part as im mainly a jack of all trades. although i do have some ships i excel in. like ashitaka which everyone seems to hate.

with over 50% wr in every tier and over a thousand battles on every ship type but CV'S (im getting there....) 

i started out with USN CV'S back before when tier 4/5 could manual drop... was kinda meh got to Independence. then i started IJN CV's and got to hakaryru and saw no real need to go down USN line since everyone was saying they where s***. so naturally i kept calling them s*** and always seemed inferior. but now that i started the grind again (half way to lexington) im actually getting a real respect for these carriers lately. if the CV knows how to play they can really deal some good damage. independence can be rough sometimes with limited hanger but deal gosh i dont think ive gotten deplaned in ranger yet...... its great.... fighters are SOOOOOOOOOO much better then IJN and are able to strafe for days and deal massive amounts of damage. also torpedos seem to get a lot of floods and DB are pretty reliable fire starters so its easy to do the DB attack, repair  Torpedo Attack = perma flood tactic.

honestly the ranger..... its great... i dont see the hate on for it now... its a pretty decent boot.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.06.26 - 00.44.16.75.png

• Cool 1

Members
4,743 posts
5,464 battles

USN fighter durability is uncanny compared to IJN fighters. Hiryuu's fighters will seemingly get shot down if they so much as fly in the same zip code as a ship with halfway decent AA, meanwhile Ranger's fighters can fly right through a halfway decent AA bubble and suffer no losses.

[ARP2]
Members
1,223 posts
3,566 battles

I had stopped the USN CV line at Ranger for over a year or so, but came back when they changed the loadouts.  I really enjoyed the 1/1/2 loadout.  It wasnt easy depending on teh enemy CV, but it was so much better than the old strike with no air defense or air defense with no strike power.  I still sold the thing as soon as i unlocked Lexington, but i will probably rebuy her if the CV changes dont just kkill my enjoyment of CVs in general.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,943 battles
19 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

USN fighter durability is uncanny compared to IJN fighters. Hiryuu's fighters will seemingly get shot down if they so much as fly in the same zip code as a ship with halfway decent AA, meanwhile Ranger's fighters can fly right through a halfway decent AA bubble and suffer no losses.

yeh thats why i kinda dislike IJN carriers

13 minutes ago, Hatework said:

I had stopped the USN CV line at Ranger for over a year or so, but came back when they changed the loadouts.  I really enjoyed the 1/1/2 loadout.  It wasnt easy depending on teh enemy CV, but it was so much better than the old strike with no air defense or air defense with no strike power.  I still sold the thing as soon as i unlocked Lexington, but i will probably rebuy her if the CV changes dont just kkill my enjoyment of CVs in general.

yeh i remember that [edited]. but damn this thing is actually BALANS now

[PWP]
Members
41 posts
3,938 battles

I will almost always stay away from USN CV play (approx. 90+% JPN CV play to 10-% USN CV).  I've played the USN CV to the tier 6 level, may or may not go further for one specific reason, they don't have as many squads and I play to win.  The extra squads you can spread out and cover the opposing fleet across the whole map and spread the USN squads to create gaps I which you can exploit to strike the enemy fleet.

They (WOWs) continues to bounce back and forth in terms of nerfing the AA fire (or planes durability) because it draws money into their coffers, also people don't want the upgrades they've paid money for to go to waste/so it placates complaining and potential future business.  This is the same truth for all ship classes, but to lesser extent (I'm guessing since I don't play much else than CVs) to the non-CV classes, since CV's don't appear to be in all but 20% of all the games.

But I start to digress...USN CVs best asset is their fighters since they can pretty much rule their own space with impunity (as long as they're properly handled).  The problem you run into is that maps are so much bigger then what the squads of US fighters can cover.  This makes covering all your ally fleet ships next to impossible, unless your fleet bundles all together...which happens less than 25% of the time.  Which leaves you in an impossible main role (cover the fleet from enemy JPN strike planes (unless someone is stupid enough to choose JPN fighter loadout)).  Sometimes you get a bad CV enemy that will hand deliver you a win by sending his planes into AA fire or right into your fighters with no skill to evade (which is extremely hard to do even for an experienced JPN player), but for the most part you have to settle on continuing to chase away JPN squads to little true effect. 

If WOWs wanted to level the playing field they would have to strip the US CV class from its enormous fighter superiority to the JPN level, even the number of squads, thus making very little difference between the classes other than in name.  Having no difference between the two classes would probably lead to reduced sales (why go buy the other class ship if they're the same).  So you know this won't happen.  But as it stands now...the JPN fighters are nothing more than spotting planes that can disrupt enemy strike squads at point of attack.  Occasionally they can get in a decent strafe or 2, but that's about it.  AND HONESTLY, THIS SHOULD BE THE WAY IT SHOULD BE...To sell the USN CV the USN needs to have a good advantage and good disadvantage.  I think they have struck a good balance between the classes...if you want to go aircraft hunting, strafe droves of enemy planes, and rule the skies, go to the USN CV line...if you want to play what some might consider a more boring strategic game (i.e. team oriented) go to the JPN CV line.

• Cool 1

Members
238 posts
12,091 battles
On 6/26/2018 at 12:54 AM, JessieTheKitty said:

first of all i would like to say that i have a overall sense of what im doing for the most part as im mainly a jack of all trades. although i do have some ships i excel in. like ashitaka which everyone seems to hate.

with over 50% wr in every tier and over a thousand battles on every ship type but CV'S (im getting there....) 

i started out with USN CV'S back before when tier 4/5 could manual drop... was kinda meh got to Independence. then i started IJN CV's and got to hakaryru and saw no real need to go down USN line since everyone was saying they where s***. so naturally i kept calling them s*** and always seemed inferior. but now that i started the grind again (half way to lexington) im actually getting a real respect for these carriers lately. if the CV knows how to play they can really deal some good damage. independence can be rough sometimes with limited hanger but deal gosh i dont think ive gotten deplaned in ranger yet...... its great.... fighters are SOOOOOOOOOO much better then IJN and are able to strafe for days and deal massive amounts of damage. also torpedos seem to get a lot of floods and DB are pretty reliable fire starters so its easy to do the DB attack, repair  Torpedo Attack = perma flood tactic.

honestly the ranger..... its great... i dont see the hate on for it now... its a pretty decent boot.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.06.26 - 00.44.16.75.png

Thanks for confirming Carriers of either nation are overpowered at every Tier and the higher the Tier the worse they are ... look at this garbage.

MidwayDominates.thumb.jpg.5099fe199e954ebef7efa14844911203.jpg

REMOVE THEM FROM THE GAME

Edited by BigJohnsonLogan
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Sign in to follow this