Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lensar

Stat Sites with seperate stats for CV and Non-CV matches

15 comments in this topic

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles

Do any of the stat sites allow you to separate out stats by by whether or not there were CVs in the match? Sort of the way you can choose ranked match stats or solo stats?

The worm has really started to turn for me. And any matches that have CVs in them, I just go full-throttle into the enemy and suicide.

There are plenty of other things I can do if I want a miserable experience. CVs are annoying without radar, but at least I can hug a friendly cruiser in that case. Radar is plain stupid, but it's easy to avoid in a DD if you just go on the flanks. But matches with both CVs and radar are utterly miserable if you play a ship that relies on concealment.

I don't play games for miserable experiences. It's surprising that WG has somehow forgotten that most people play games for enjoyment and to have fun. There is nothing at all fun about playing a ship that has traded HP, armor, AA, and dps in exchange for maneuverability and concealment, only to end up in radar & CV matches where you're literally detected more often than you're concealed.

Life is too short to waste time with utterly miserable experiences, so I just suicide out in matches with both radar and CVs and go do something more enjoyable. Like take out the trash. Or wash the dishes.

Sure, I know it hurt's my winrate, but I don't really care. Still, it would be awesome if there was a stat site that displayed matches without CVs, so I could still track my performance in the matches that are actually worth trying to play. Anyone know of any?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 4

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles

Do you ever stop whining?  Its always something new with you.  If you really don't enjoy this game then STOP PLAYING.  Especially if you're going to be one of those suicidal dingbats who cost matches cause "Buh buh buh,  CV!"

• Cool 7
  • Bad 2

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
9 minutes ago, Palladia said:

Do you ever stop whining?  Its always something new with you.  If you really don't enjoy this game then STOP PLAYING.  Especially if you're going to be one of those suicidal dingbats who cost matches cause "Buh buh buh,  CV!"

Yawn. /ignored

• Boring 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,751 posts
11,142 battles

No, I don't think any of the sites can single out if you had a cv in your game or not, or if teams had an imbalance of a type of ship, I do not think they are tracked that way.

[INTEL]
Members
8,445 posts
25,345 battles
16 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

No, I don't think any of the sites can single out if you had a cv in your game or not, or if teams had an imbalance of a type of ship, I do not think they are tracked that way.

Could that data be taken from the WG data stream somehow?

[5D]
Members
1,226 posts
7,119 battles
2 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Could that data be taken from the WG data stream somehow?

No, such information is not listed within the API.

• Cool 2

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,751 posts
11,142 battles

I think the best way if you seriously want to track it is do a spread sheet yourself and collect the stats over a certain period of time, this is of course for individual collecting.

I am sure WG has its own version of collecting stats that show cv and non cv games so they can see how it all correlates.

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles

Games that are meant for having fun as a focus are not pvp. If you want fun, play something solo/single player.

I doubt crossing off your cv games are going to do anything for your stats tho, so I wouldn't bother.

• Bad 1

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

So you suicide if you don't like the mm? That's pretty sh*tty dude

• Cool 2

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
9 hours ago, Pulicat said:

Games that are meant for having fun as a focus are not pvp

That is incorrect.

Pvp is supposed to be fun. Yes, people get frustrated when they lose, but the entire experience shouldn't be frustrated. 

9 hours ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

So you suicide if you don't like the mm? That's pretty sh*tty dude

Nah, I have no problem with the MM. I suicide when I am in a CV match (radar) with radar (common). 

And why shouldn't I? Why should I feel bad about my teammates? They don't seem too concerned about my plight.

In any other game genre, the current DD paradigm would be laughed off the design table. You have a class of ships that are super fragile tin cans because they traded all their HP, armor, AA for concealment. And now that concealment, especially in CV/radar stew matches, essentially eliminates the one advantage they traded all the HP, armor, and AA for, by making them revealed most of the time.

When a match starts, any match, you should have hope and see opportunity. Imagine a game where you played an infantryman in WW2. And the entire game was you hugging dirt in a foxhole as artillery went off around you. And the enemy team was doing the same, as artillery  went off around them. No one does anything else, as that's all there is the game. The team with the fewest people killed by random artillery fire wins. Your stats are based entirely on how often you live to the end of the match, versus getting killed by the artillery.

The radar/cv matches for concealment DDs like the shima are no different than our hypothetical infantryman game. All you're doing is waiting to die. You can't do anything. You can't contribute. You have no agency. You have no effect on the outcome. It's a stupid miserable experience. And honestly, if something is a miserable experience, why do it? Why put up with it?

Maybe WG will eventually come around and fix this stuff, but i doubt it. In the meantime, life is too short to waste 20 minutes doing nothing but hoping not to die.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
5 hours ago, Lensar said:

That is incorrect.

Pvp is supposed to be fun. Yes, people get frustrated when they lose, but the entire experience shouldn't be frustrated. 

Nah, I have no problem with the MM. I suicide when I am in a CV match (radar) with radar (common). 

And why shouldn't I? Why should I feel bad about my teammates? They don't seem too concerned about my plight.

In any other game genre, the current DD paradigm would be laughed off the design table. You have a class of ships that are super fragile tin cans because they traded all their HP, armor, AA for concealment. And now that concealment, especially in CV/radar stew matches, essentially eliminates the one advantage they traded all the HP, armor, and AA for, by making them revealed most of the time.

When a match starts, any match, you should have hope and see opportunity. Imagine a game where you played an infantryman in WW2. And the entire game was you hugging dirt in a foxhole as artillery went off around you. And the enemy team was doing the same, as artillery  went off around them. No one does anything else, as that's all there is the game. The team with the fewest people killed by random artillery fire wins. Your stats are based entirely on how often you live to the end of the match, versus getting killed by the artillery.

The radar/cv matches for concealment DDs like the shima are no different than our hypothetical infantryman game. All you're doing is waiting to die. You can't do anything. You can't contribute. You have no agency. You have no effect on the outcome. It's a stupid miserable experience. And honestly, if something is a miserable experience, why do it? Why put up with it?

Maybe WG will eventually come around and fix this stuff, but i doubt it. In the meantime, life is too short to waste 20 minutes doing nothing but hoping not to die.

I said as a focus. When you pit 2 people against each other, it's about competition. Fun is mostly only achieved by the victor unless they are both evenly skilled.

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
10 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

I said as a focus. When you pit 2 people against each other, it's about competition. Fun is mostly only achieved by the victor unless they are both evenly skilled.

I disagree. Games can and should be fun even if you lose. 

I mean, I get what you're saying. If you're competing for some very high stakes and you're outmatched, that's going to be frustrating and annoying, but we're not talking about that here. We're talking about basic random matches, which as the basis for the game, should be fun and enjoyable, win or lose. 

Anytime you have players, in team-based pvp, feel unable to make any contribution to the team effort, something is very wrong.

The very nature of radar tends to push skilled DD players out towards the flanks as they try to avoid radar cruisers. Coincidentally enough, CV players also tend to move their planes on the flanks, to avoid those very same cruiser who typically have strong AA. Once a flanking DD is spotted, any decent CV player is going to either strike that DD to kill it, or at least keep it permaspotted. Since concealment is such a fundamental  aspect of many DD play styles, this creates a very poor situation. 

Other games would (and have) quickly and decisively fail due to severe design imbalances like this. In many ways, it's a testament to the overall great design and implementation of Warships that this problem hasn't caused more issues for that game.

[ECOM]
Members
955 posts
11,190 battles

Like I always said, cv's shut down IJN DD'S faster than anything else. But you can still try. You "might" get a torpedo hit if your lucky and space them all on top of each other, because your torps are always going to be seen from the moon and your forced to play in the shadow of the cruisers guns. But hey, that doesn't mean you should throw your hands up immediately. 

Members
100 posts
2,445 battles

You could use mxstat to analyze your replays and do a lot of time-intensive number crunching, but if you're suiciding at the first sign of a CV that data would be useless for any objective analysis.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles

The api does not offer that info. So no site could provide it. In one of the threads there is a listing of what it offers, but basically it is all the metrics provided by the other sites.

Sign in to follow this