You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Rarely see these (draw)

10 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,109 posts
18,633 battles

You should be happy about this. In CBT/OBT about 1 in 10 matches was a draw.

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,006 battles

I've seen 2 draws in random and 1 in ranked. I don't remember the circumstances of the ranked draw, but 1 draw in random was due to the last ships ramming each other and the other was tied on points. 

[TOG]
Members
2,366 posts
14,622 battles

Only saw it once in 10k matches. and statically it's considered a loss. If you did not win it's considered a loss,

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,006 battles
Just now, Bill_Halsey said:

Only saw it once in 10k matches. and statically it's considered a loss. If you did not win it's considered a loss,

It actually doesn't count to your loss percentage as it wasn't a loss, but since it was a game that you didn't win it doesn't count towards your win percentage. 

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,361 posts
3,646 battles
14 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

TOO SOON!

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,491 posts
8,036 battles
22 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Much more than that. Hell with those damn stealthy fail dds rinning away? It was around 20-30% 

It was so bad WG even turned standard battles into domination format.

[TBW]
Members
6,342 posts
11,884 battles

There was another post about a draw today or yesterday.

[INTEL]
Members
747 posts
7,892 battles

I experienced a draw this evening in CO-Op. The futility of two bot CVs trying to kill each other from full HP... I didn't stick around.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

IIRC, it was about a 20% draw rate back in Open Beta during Standard Battles.  Part of it was the lack of domination points as part of the victory determination process.  And part of it was dopes who would leave caps to chase down a last remaining enemy ship when there wasn't much time left on the clock and not enough time for anyone else to get to the cap and cap it out.

Players seem a little smarter today in this regard.  But then again, with domination points added to standard battles, it's extremely rare to end up with draws.

I have had one draw that I can recall where there was one ship left on each team.  Myself and the enemy ship.  And we killed each other in the exact same moment.  Draw.  That was a case where it was hard to feel bad about a draw, unlike those times when someone caused a draw through greed and stupidity.   The last 2 ships killing each other and causing a draw is actually sort of cool in its own way.  A battle between teams that fought to the very end.