You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

What are you going to do with your coal and steel?

46 comments in this topic

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,023 battles

So steel dropped into our accounts today for ranked and cb rewards. I imagine our personal oil will be converted to coal fairly shortly. 

So they have roughly outlined what will be available and what the prices will be. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/introducing-arsenal/

So what are planning to use your coal and steel for? 

I try to maintain a good supply of flags for ranked and clan battles and usually keep them all above 2-300 of each flag, so I can't see myself buying signals with it. 

Same with camouflage, I have roughly 2k premium camouflage and don't seem to run out. 

However, the special modules will be nice to be able to obtain. I think I'll have roughly 70k coal and can see purchasing a couple modules to fill in some holes on my ships so I don't have to keep using doubloons to demount them. 

The premium ships for coal I already have. But I am looking forward to having a use for all this personal oil we've been getting and having a guaranteed way to get modules. 

As far as steel goes, I have enough steel that I should be able to purchase a flint or black with the coupon. However I will likely hold off on that and see what the Stalingrad is like when it releases and decide whether I want to save my steel for it or not. 

What are you guys looking forward to in the arsenal? 

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
218 posts
3,083 battles

Main goal is the Salem... Even though I have a Des Moines now. I just want it... :cap_cool: Will have to see how it all rolls out though...

[WOLF3]
Members
5,979 posts
2,203 battles

Hoard it!  Run my fingers through it.  Then wash my hands.

AAKz.gif  <-- Unca Scrooge, who left me NOTHING, the old bastard. 

Eventually, a Radar module.

And if they do pull flags from the Premium Shop...

Edited by iDuckman
  • Funny 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,023 battles
3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

And if they do pull flags from the Premium Shop...

I hope not, I'd rather use the coal for things that can't be obtained in the premium shop and I'm happy to purchase my papa papa flags. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[WPP]
Members
455 posts
5,102 battles

I highly doubt I will get enough to do anything since I do do anything clannish or competitive.   I will, however, stew over the fact that they have steel converting to coal and not the other way around - that **** is backwards.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,214 posts
3,118 battles

I shall use the coal to power the furnace and turn the steel into a hardened steel... and make ze German Krupp armor, lol.

Seriously though, since I don't do any of the competitive stuffs, no steel for me. As for coal... hoard for now? I got no plans, really. LEL.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles

I'll have little to no steel, and I am not interested in much you can buy with coal, so...no plans right now.

[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts

Building a deathstar of course.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Funny 1

[EQRN]
Members
308 posts
8,655 battles

Smoke mod for Perth, I've gotten at least one of every other mod but that one.  And then read so many posts with "I got an SC and all I got was this damn smoke mod" /grrr. But, BUT, not until I get all the SCs from the Halsey campaign, because I know with my luck if I buy the smoke mod right away, that all but guarantees one of the Halsey SCs will also drop it.  RNG /spit

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,023 battles
Just now, FrodoFraggin said:

Smoke mod for Perth, I've gotten at least one of every other mod but that one.  And then read so many posts with "I got an SC and all I got was this damn smoke mod" /grrr. But, BUT, not until I get all the SCs from the Halsey campaign, because I know with my luck if I buy the smoke mod right away, that all but guarantees one of the Halsey SCs will also drop it.  RNG /spit

I'll need one for the haida it looks like... 

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,023 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Building a deathstar of course.

With or without a vent shaft? 

• Funny 1

[EQRN]
Members
308 posts
8,655 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

I'll need one for the haida it looks like... 

Yeah... was thinking that too, so even if an SC dropped it that would be ok, still going to wait though...  Unless there's a short term discount when Arsenal comes out, like they had a discount on creating clans for a week(?) after they were available.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,791 posts
13,614 battles

I didn't get any steal when I logged in today. 

Not like I completed 5 season of Rank 1. 

:Smile_hiding:

[AK]
Members
406 posts
21,916 battles

I'll be hopeing to get modules,  uss Flint,  uss black,  and musashi,  not to mentioned the flags and camos,  tho idk if you can get doubloons worth from buying tirpiz with coal/steel if one was to own one 

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,014 posts
9,584 battles

Depends on whats in the shop. if there's anything good, I'll divert resources to that object. if not, I'll save up until something worth its weight in coal/steel shows up.:cap_look:

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,023 battles
15 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

I didn't get any steal when I logged in today. 

Not like I completed 5 season of Rank 1. 

:Smile_hiding:

You should complain on the forums 

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
44 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

With or without a vent shaft? 

That's "thermal exhaust port" sir, and an auxiliary one at that...

... :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Goodwood_Alpha
FREE KEKISTAN!

[RKLES]
Members
7,107 posts
8,758 battles

Going to use the coal to gift to the players that have been bad for Christmas, and use the steel to repair the damage they have caused... :Smile_teethhappy:

[PSP]
Members
6,042 posts
8,585 battles

I might buy some crates to try to complete a collection or two. The perfectionist in me doesn't like unfinished collections.

Members
1,642 posts
2,149 battles

I don't see myself getting much of the stuff. The only way I'd earn it would be through random combat missions, I don't play ranked that much and I don't play clan battles. I don't really play the game as regularly as most others and even when I do it's only about 3-5 battles at a time unless I win some premium time. 

I heard a rumor somewhere (don't take this as fact) that the Alaska might be making it's way into the game sometime in the future as a ship only able to be bought with coal or steel. If it is true, I'd be saving up for that just in case but most likely would wouldn't have anything near what is needed. I started saving up free xp for the Missouri the moment it arrived and didn't even get a third of the way there by the time they removed it. 

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
207 posts
2,337 battles

Save it up and buy Hydro Mods and then maybe work towards the Aigle/other ships

Members
26 posts
10,559 battles

Would have about 55k coal and the only ship that would be new for me would be the Salem. At current rates a Salem would take a few years to get. I wonder if we could trade free xp for coal. I think free xp ships might go the way of the dodo if the arsenal is a success.