You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
awesomeartichokes

Folklore or not: Do bottom-tier players get a XP bonus?

10 comments in this topic

Members
236 posts
10,066 battles

Do bottom tier players get an XP bonus? I have heard essentially folklore about this ... no confirmation. In the spirit of being open and encouraging players to not exit out of a game; a definitive statement from WG would be nice. Even better would be if WoWS told a player : "Tier V in a Tier VII match you get +x% XP bonus"

Edited by awesomeartichokes

[HINON]
Members
8,836 posts

Yes when a lower tier ship deals damage to a higher tier ship there is a nice bonus. In reverse a high tier ship makes less damaging a lower tier ship.

• Cool 2

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
8,995 battles

What he said ^^^

You do not get xp bonus simply by being bottom tier. There are rquirements

[TOG]
Members
2,365 posts
14,610 battles
1 hour ago, awesomeartichokes said:

Do bottom tier players get an XP bonus? I have heard essentially folklore about this ... no confirmation. In the spirit of being open and encouraging players to not exit out of a game; a definitive statement from WG would be nice. Even better would be if WoWS told a player : "Tier V in a Tier VII match you get +x% XP bonus"

Been explained to me:

1. Do HP damage to higher tier ships- more XP

2. Kill higher tier ships - More XP.

Link to my previous experience

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[REVY]
Members
6,014 posts
5,102 battles

Yes, I love it when my Kamikaze R is bottom tier in a T7 match.  T7 ships are far less maneuverable and provide far more rewards when deleted.

Members
236 posts
10,066 battles
43 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Been explained to me

Folklore... sorry. This was other players, not WG people with inside knowledge making their own guesses. Multiple people in the comment threat were guessing that it was the number of citadels for example.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,055 posts
7,611 battles

Inversely, you earn less experience when top tier damaging lower tiered ships.

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles
9 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Inversely, you earn less experience when top tier damaging lower tiered ships.

I wish this were more common knowledge so people would stop shooting at the low tier BB's and start taking out higher tier DD's and CA/L's faster.  

[TOG]
Members
2,365 posts
14,610 battles
7 hours ago, awesomeartichokes said:

Folklore... sorry. This was other players, not WG people with inside knowledge making their own guesses. Multiple people in the comment threat were guessing that it was the number of citadels for example.

Well, when you get CC's telling you that, it's about as close to WG as you can get.

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

Most people playing, including me, really don't know the ships names by tier and we really do not want players to go yolo a higher tier ship if lower tier ships are taking caps.  If ships are taking caps away from your team, then those must be the ships that need to be focused.  Most of the time you can't get players to focus fire anyone much less higher tier vs lower tier.