You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Driftwood1844

Voice packs and premium horns.. Why not?

9 comments in this topic

Members
855 posts
3,480 battles

Why does wargaming not add this? This to me a perfect example of them throwing away the chance to make money all the while trying to make money off dumb things such as skill re specs or swapping captains between ships. 

Games such as Smite have premium voice overs for voice commands that everyone else can hear. 

I bet plenty of people would buy premium horns they could add to their ships..... Horns are popular in crossout which is a game similar to this.

Make it happen!

Edited by Slumlord_Trump
  • Bad 1

[REVY]
Members
6,029 posts
5,102 battles
4 minutes ago, Slumlord_Trump said:

Why does wargaming not add this? This to me a perfect example of them throwing away the chance to make money all the while trying to make money off dumb things such as skill re specs or swapping captains between ships. 

Games such as Smite have premium voice overs for voice commands that everyone else can hear. 

I bet plenty of people would buy premium horns they could add to their ships..... Horns are popular in crossout which is a game similar to this.

Make it happen!

Anything is better than your idea of putting politics into the game.

Members
9,875 posts

This game already suffers no end with eyecandy and useless fluff, don't really think we need more.

Members
4,750 posts
5,482 battles

Technically WG is already selling voice packs. Why else would the be selling most of the AL captains (and why else did they sell the HSF captains) instead of making missions for them like the ARP commanders? However, making so others can hear it when they don't own/use the content is a no-no. It's perfectly fine the way it is. If I enable AL/ARP/HSF content and hear another player using one, that's fine. If someone else disables it and hears me or another player using it, that's not gonna fly with most people. Plenty of backlash already against anime and the collabs, no need to add fuel to their side in the form of *forcing* them to hear my captain speak in Japanese when they use standard as the VO option.

As for the horns, I'd love to have one time purchasable custom horns (the same ones that are already in game, the purchase would just allow the use of that horn on any ship of your choosing) so I could put it on any ship I want. I love the steam whistle, particularly the one on Kamikaze. I'd love to be able to use that horn(whistle) on some/all of my cruisers and battleships. This one I think could go either way with whether or not someone else hears it. So long as goofy horns, like musical horns, aren't put in the game, then I think it's fine to let others hear a custom horn. If they're going to add goofy horns like musical horns, then make it so only the player hears it on their ship and everyone else hears the standard horn for that ship.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

to much work. I rather have them work on new maps

Members
855 posts
3,480 battles

You already have voiceovers when you hit certain F keys, those are the voiceovers I think they should sell packs for. 

[PVE]
Members
5,370 posts
17,840 battles

I agree, mods that reskin captains & voices would be great for the game and a nice way to generate cash. Same with premium horns, great idea as long as other players can opt out of seeing/hearing the content.

The one thing that always bugged me about the ARP content was how it was introduced. It was "in your face", you couldn't hide it, couldn't sell the ships, and couldn't dismiss the captains. Add to that you could not get any camo benefits, you couldn't change those screechy voices, and could not use it for any other nations and it was one big ol fail to the average non anime fan. Over time they corrected all these problems but it set the community in two camps, one pro anime, the others pretty much against it. I am not fan of cartoons but was happy that they included the material for those who were. Now that Wargaming has learned its lesson, I am all in favor of adding more stuff that will attract players or help retention for those who like that kind of thing. Heck I would love a horn that sounds like the "Dukes of Hazard" horn or that really old timey 'oohhgaa" horn. Might even be worth a few dollars to make me laugh.

BTW @ThatOddMan, I almost fell out of my chair at work trying to mute that! I should have listened to your warning.... You are a sick puppy..

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
207 posts
2,337 battles

I'd buy some British ladies for the azurlane captains