Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
nightrider760

MM and bottom tier percentage

8 comments in this topic

[SKI]
Members
134 posts
5,249 battles

Recently I played 100 games in numerous ships from tier 5 to tier 8 just to see what the break down of being bottom tier was for me. It always seemed a little lopsided to me. The results, top tier 15% of the time,  mid tier 15% of the time and bottom tier 70% of the time. I'm just curious is it the same for everyone else, or is it just me? Feel free to respond with your break down, I would like to know.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
1 minute ago, nightrider760 said:

Recently I played 100 games in numerous ships from tier 5 to tier 8 just to see what the break down of being bottom tier was for me. It always seemed a little lopsided to me. The results, top tier 15% of the time,  mid tier 15% of the time and bottom tier 70% of the time. I'm just curious is it the same for everyone else, or is it just me? Feel free to respond with your break down, I would like to know.

Tiers 5 and 8 get bottom tiered a lot, all of the time. But with the Halsey campaign, more people are playing tiers 8, 9 and 10 than normal, drawing people away from other tiers. So tiers 6 and 7 are seeing themselves bottom tiered more often, because the mid tier ranks are relatively thinner than normal.

[SKI]
Members
134 posts
5,249 battles
4 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Tiers 5 and 8 get bottom tiered a lot, all of the time. But with the Halsey campaign, more people are playing tiers 8, 9 and 10 than normal, drawing people away from other tiers. So tiers 6 and 7 are seeing themselves bottom tiered more often, because the mid tier ranks are relatively thinner than normal.

That is a good point. but this test was done before the campaign started. Please don't get me wrong I'm not really complaining,  just curious. You have a high WP, how often are you bottom tier or top tier?

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
21 minutes ago, nightrider760 said:

That is a good point. but this test was done before the campaign started. Please don't get me wrong I'm not really complaining,  just curious. You have a high WP, how often are you bottom tier or top tier?

My tier experiences sounds like their consistent with the general population's claimed experiences. Tiers 5, 6, and 8 see bottom tier a lot, 9 is mid tier a lot, 7 is top tier more than normal, or was until June.

Members
4,748 posts
5,466 battles
55 minutes ago, cometguy said:

My tier experiences sounds like their consistent with the general population's claimed experiences. Tiers 5, 6, and 8 see bottom tier a lot, 9 is mid tier a lot, 7 is top tier more than normal, or was until June.

Yeah, this will all change Wednesday when the queue gets flooded with Dallas's(and some Seattle's, though probably less in quantity) as people start their grind up to Helena and Worcester. Heck, there'll probably be quite a few Omaha's out and about for those that don't want to use free exp to get Dallas and haven't ground out the required exp on Omaha already.

Mid tier MM will see a huge influx of players in the middle of the week for sure.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,385 posts
7,979 battles
54 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Maybe my luck is just :etc_swear: but I almost never have top tier in tier 7. If anything for me it's -

Tier 5, 7, 8 - heavy bottom tier

Tier 6 - top tier more often, or at least middle tier, but otherwise bottom, except when playing a CV in which case almost always bottom/mid tier. 

Tier 9 - middle tier 24/7. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

I've been playing Buffalo a lot lately and I'm seeing mostly tier 10 matches.

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

Isn't the Halsey campaign permanent? Why do these people feel the need to complete it here and now? I'm saying this because I've been seeing an unusually high number of Tier 8 and 9 games at Tier 7 since a week ago. 

Sign in to follow this