You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BarronRichthofen

How does this stop TK'ing?

123 comments in this topic

[DRHS]
Members
252 posts

So I just finished a match in my Akizuki, during this match I smoked up and was gunning the hell out of a Tripitz. Along comes another friendly Akizuki to share my smoke I assume and he strayed to far forward and ran into my line of fire. He took a few shell before backing up out of my line of fire. I was zoomed in on the Tripitz so did not even realize he was there until after he'd already taken the damage.

So why the H E L L am I penalized for someone else's stupidity? I have come to HATE, Despise, Loathe this new TK mechanic. I've only come afoul of it twice so far but BOTH times it was others stupidity which got me the TK penalties. This new mechanic is unforgiving to mistakes (note I have not made the mistakes in both cases where I got the TK penalty) and decent players are loosing credits to a mechanic that is even WORSE than the old TK system.

I despise seeing the dreaded Pink, because it Implies that I am a piss poor TK'ing player. In the last year I have NEVER teamkilled another even if he deserved it by doing the same to others on my team. Now within a week I've gotten the dreaded PINK status twice. It's B U L L S H I T! ! !

Others screw up and I loose the credits and get a black mark on my record thanks to your new record keeping. STOP holding the whiners hands  and giving them a Trophy for participating and get rid of this [edited].  craphappens deal with it. 

Don't get me wrong I do think intentional TK'ers should be penalized. Note the word INTENTIONAL. A simple mistake like the one above should NOT be penalized. if anyone should have been penalized in that situation it is the other Akizuki, and he did get that penalty from the damage he took. 

I'm about to stop supporting WG with my wallet over this [edited].

Edited by BarronRichthofen
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 12

Members
1,119 posts
3,141 battles

If you fired it, weather it's a shell,  torpedo, or bomb, you are responsible for it. It's not anyone else's fault. 

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

Members
3,774 posts

You should probably use less profanity here on the forums.  Frankly Tkers are just gonna tk.  Simple as that.  An honest mistake will happen time to time but as I said Tkers just tk because they want to.  Eventually the karma will catch up to them and they will get banned from the game.

[DESU]
Members
180 posts
4,293 battles

The mechanic behind turning pink serves two purposes, one, it's a warning to other players that player has inflicted enough team damage or killed a friendly to turn pink.

Another is to stop teamkillers from outright going on a rampage to continue killing team members by reducing team damage and reflecting that damage back onto themselves.

Going pink is not necessarily that huge of a punishment, you get flagged for a few matches and it goes away. Accidents happen and going pink eventually happens to everyone, I've had my fair share of going pink accidentally, I've just come to accept it and just continue playing normally.

That said, as stated before: Any project that leaves your ship is no longer your friend, or a friend of your allies. It pays to have some spatial awareness of nearby friendlies, the game isn't going to hold your hand and negate team damage altogether. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

1) going pink means nothing. It's just a warning.

2) you can do a little bit of team damage and not go pink.

3) stay aware of your surroundings. Not being aware a ship is passing right in front of you is no different from not being aware a friendly is in the line of fire of torps.

• Cool 2

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles
13 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

If you fired it, weather it's a shell,  torpedo, or bomb, you are responsible for it. It's not anyone else's fault. 

sometime it is. trolls do this often by turning into torpedoes on purpose.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,050 battles

The ones that get me angry are the ones that fire all willy nilly at the start of the game, like I saw earlier this week. Or, like one I saw awhile back, someone in a cruiser that sailed right up to one of our Allied BB's and put all of his torpedoes into the side of the friendly BB, deliberately. I was in a BB myself that match and I deliberately vaporized that particular TKer with a full broadside of AP from about 5 km out. Was in my Fuso at the time, I think. It was worth the penalty to not have the TKer trying to attack anyone else on the team and I made sure my team knew exactly why I deliberately blew a teammate out of the water.

• Cool 3
  • Angry 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,160 posts
8,772 battles
15 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

This, stick your head up every few volleys to see who is around you.

1 minute ago, MajorRenegade said:

sometime it is. trolls do this often by turning into torpedoes on purpose.

If they can turn into them it was not a clean shot.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,741 posts
7,373 battles

A) Less profanity and rage will help you immensely.

B) Pink is a warning, nothing more, the impact on your earnings is directly in proportion to how much damage was done. There is no "mark on your record" for it.

C) Orange is the new "you really don't want this", and since you say you rarely do team damage, you don't ever have to worry about that.

D) Rage is bad for the soul, relax.

• Cool 4

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
16 minutes ago, BarronRichthofen said:

So I just finished a match in my Akizuki, during this match I smoked up and was gunning the hell out of a Tripitz. Along comes another friendly Akizuki to share my smoke I assume and he strayed to far forward and ran into my line of fire. He took a few shell before backing up out of my line of fire. I was zoomed in on the Tripitz so did not even realize he was there until after he'd already taken the damage.

So why the H E L L am I penalized for someone else's stupidity? I have come to HATE, Despise, Loathe this new TK mechanic. I've only come afoul of it twice so far but BOTH times it was others stupidity which got me the TK penalties. This new mechanic is unforgiving to mistakes (note I have not made the mistakes in both cases where I got the TK penalty) and decent players are loosing credits to a mechanic that is even WORSE than the old TK system.

I despise seeing the dreaded Pink, because it Implies that I am a piss poor TK'ing player. In the last year I have NEVER teamkilled another even if he deserved it by doing the same to others on my team. Now within a week I've gotten the dreaded PINK status twice. It's B U L L S H I T! ! !

Others screw up and I loose the credits and get a black mark on my record thanks to your new record keeping. STOP holding the whiners hands  and giving them a Trophy for participating and get rid of this [edited].  craphappens deal with it. 

Don't get me wrong I do think intentional TK'ers should be penalized. Note the word INTENTIONAL. A simple mistake like the one above should NOT be penalized. if anyone should have been penalized in that situation it is the other Akizuki, and he did get that penalty from the damage he took. 

I'm about to stop supporting WG with my wallet over this [edited].

The entire reason TK needed a punishment was the A holes that spread throughout the game with Malice & Forethought.

The punishment now it a reminder of this.

Use your Situation Awareness to prevent the Accidental Shooting of Friendlies.

Responsibility is yours. Even the Dumbazzes are your responcibility. 

Only real way is to remove Team Damage... We all  know that will never happen.

Closing your wallet won't change this.

Work off the "PINK"  

Remain attentive of the Random Dumbazzes. 

Members
0 posts
2 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Orange is the new "you really don't want this"

Some people just pull it out of you.  You know what they say about a woman scorn...gegOvBi.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, Minah_Bang said:

Some people just pull it out of you.  You know what they say about a woman scorn...gegOvBi.jpg

OUCH! I will always play far away from you and admire you from there.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,111 battles
26 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

So sick of this. If you're a Akizuki (or any other ship for that matter, but especially one that fires rapidly) stationary in your smoke firing, and somebody sails directly in front of you, that  is THEIR FAULT. Should an Akuzuki or minotaur be zooming out and back in between each salvo? Is that really something that should be expected? Why is it not the fault of a player who sails directly infront of another ship that that is firing their guns?

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,111 battles
5 minutes ago, Minah_Bang said:

respect

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,160 posts
8,772 battles
2 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

So sick of this. If you're a Akizuki (or any other ship for that matter, but especially one that fires rapidly) stationary in your smoke firing, and somebody sails directly in front of you, that  is THEIR FAULT. Should an Akuzuki or minotaur be zooming out and back in between each salvo? Is that really something that should be expected? Why is it not the fault of a player who sails directly infront of another ship that that is firing their guns?

Wrong, your ordnance your responsibility, just stick you head up for a second every few volleys for situational awareness. It is not the friendly ships job to watch what you are doing.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[REVY]
Members
936 posts
7,294 battles

Mistakes happen

Everyone here has likely shot or torped or brushed/rammed a teammate at least once. It happens. Get over it and move on.

If you are turning pink after only a shell or two, you are doing something wrong. Once or twice is one thing, but if you are hitting teammates enough over the course of several battles, that is not the games fault. That is your fault.

As has been said, you own your shells and torps. Its up to you to hit the correct target.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
6 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

You have a mini-map, no need to zoom out. Also, you have to deal quite a bit of damage to go pink. So it's not like they sailed in front of you, you hit them once, you go pink. It's like they sail in front of you, and you just keep shooting them over and over and over and over and over.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,160 posts
8,772 battles
1 minute ago, cometguy said:

You have a mini-map, no need to zoom out. Also, you have to deal quite a bit of damage to go pink. So it's not like they sailed in front of you, you hit them once, you go pink. It's like they sail in front of you, and you just keep shooting them over and over and over and over and over.

That can work too, the key point is to be aware of who is around you.

• Bad 1

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,111 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Wrong, your ordnance your responsibility, just stick you head up for a second every few volleys for situational awareness. It is not the friendly ships job to watch what you are doing.

It's not the friendly ship's job to watch what he is doing? It's not his job to make sure he's not sailing into a somebody's smoke and sailing right infront of him as he's firing? Nah.

• Cool 1

[DRHS]
Members
252 posts

Think in military terms here, in EVERY military training you are taught to NOT get into another's field of fire usually because death occurs.Does the military charge to person maning the weapon in these cases, the answer is NO they do not. These are the cases where said person died in a training accident. I spent 22 years in the US Army 8 of it as a Drill Instructor. I've seen a total of 12 dumb asses do this 8 fatal. Not once was the person firing the weapon charged with any wrong doing. Yeah he got his [edited]chewed out but nothing was done.

Yes this is a game and should be more forgiving than real life, in this case it is NOT. Nobody died, the ship was NOT even severely damaged (1,588 dmg) Yet I loose 4,307 credits 2 matches with the Pink status where if another accident happens I will take reflected damage and prolong the pink status. If I run into someone who just feels like being a jerk he can run into me causing me to get further penalties. If he feels like being a total [edited]hat he can keep it up until the reflected damage kicks in and effectively team kill me with no penalty to himself.(BROKEN MECHANIC)

The system is BROKEN it need's a rework. The current system is far from good even, it pisses people like me off. I would nix the reflected damage, I know it only kick's in after 3k or so but I've seen it cost a team a match due to an accident. The "Pink" status puts me into a situation where I have to worry about my own team. Most matches I don't really worry about a TK'er. With the pink status I worry about EVERYONE my team or not. Carrying the status for a minimum of 2 matches forces me to change my play style for those matches. Most of the time this will not affect the match but sometimes it will. I will not share someones smoke because I do not want to get that close incase a simple scraping of paint extends my "PINK" status. This could cause my early destruction thus hurting the team. I watch where everyone is trying to make sure no one bumps me EXTENDING my PINK status. Having the  Pink status is a MAJOR distraction. I have less issue with the Credit penalty than with the PINK status even if it is only for 2 matches.

And for all of you who say you have to do a lot of damage to turn PINK, I call B.S. 1588 dmg people that's all it took. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,111 battles
2 minutes ago, cometguy said:

I'm not OP and I've never gone pink from unintentionally hitting somebody with my guns. I'm just saying if somebody sails into your fire while you're clearly parked and firing, the blame is a lot more on them than anybody else.

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
1 minute ago, Ju87s said:

It's not the friendly ship's job to watch what he is doing? It's not his job to make sure he's not sailing into a somebody's smoke and sailing right infront of him as he's firing? Nah.

Half the time I'm paying attention to what's in front of me.  I shouldn't have to look back to be worried at a friendly shooting in my direction.  I I hear the warning yea I'll turn away, but if I don't then welp guess he or she gets to be pink.  But I don't do it on purpose.  As I said basically a player shouldn't have to look behind them trust the fact that the team wont kill their own team mate.  But it does happen.

• Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
Just now, Ju87s said:

I'm not OP and I've never gone pink from unintentionally hitting somebody with my guns. I'm just saying if somebody sails into your fire while you're clearly parked and firing, the blame is a lot more on them than anybody else.

Initial hit ya, is on them probably. But after that... And sorry, did mean you in the literal sense, meant you in the general, a ship sails in front of you sense.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,111 battles
1 minute ago, BarronRichthofen said:

Yes this is a game and should be more forgiving than real life, in this case it is NOT. Nobody died, the ship was NOT even severely damaged (1,588 dmg) Yet I loose 4,307 credits 2 matches with the Pink status

I agree with you that it wasn't your fault, but who really cares? 4k credits? That's for all intents and purposes nothing at all. 2 games pink, big deal.