Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

So I said the heck with it and tried a first review

13 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts

So I decided to say the heck with it, I tried doing a review.  It's horrible.  I don't have a mic so I can't actually talk about it.  I can type about it along with editing a video.  But I think what I'm lacking here is exactly how I want to get the text wording to actually stay up in the video longer so people actually have a chance to read what it says.  This first one is just a test review in trying to figure out exactly how to do it so that it looks good.  To include sound good.  Again this is all experimental for me.  I'm not trying to be anything I'm not trying to be a cc or a wiki guy.  Just doing this for fun.  So if you pros at this have any good suggestions on this it would be very helpful.  

This one is on 5 destroyers I did only 5.  With short review statements so I could get a feel for it.  I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to do this lol.  The video editor that I am using currently is called VideoPad video editor.  It's not a free-bee editor but it's more beginner friendly than a lot of the other ones that are out there.  But in trying this out and experimenting with it trying to learn how to do this actually gives me a greater appreciation for what our Community Contributor Group and some random individuals do for reviews of game play and ships.

• Cool 2

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,550 battles

I would suggest superimposing short single lines of text over the video itself, switching to scenes of text walls is not something I'm going to watch for long.

Members
3,774 posts

I've been trying to figure out how to work with the Text editor portion with the video editor that's actually more of a challenge to do.  I'm not quite sure how to do that.  I'll give it a try though.

Edited by torpsRus

[WOLF3]
Members
6,019 posts
2,203 battles

Microphones are not expensive. I got my headset for $11.

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

Microphones are not expensive. I got my headset for $11.

Its not that I can't afford one, I just prefer not using them.   I don't have a great speaking voice lol I'll leave it at that.

Members
475 posts
5,642 battles
7 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Its not that I can't afford one, I just prefer not using them.   I don't have a great speaking voice lol I'll leave it at that.

This youtuber uses a robot voice for most videos and for me  in general are in good quality.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4mftUX7apmV1vsVXZh7RTw

Some special ships like North Carolina he uses his own voice or his someone invited who is speaking. idk. But i have no problems with the robot voice if the quality is good.

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts

I'll have to figure out how to get that working on the editor.  Fortunately I can do that directly with the video editor itself so I'll have to figure out how to get it working properly.

[TASC]
Members
137 posts
5,615 battles

speaking voice, some of the CCs don't have good speaking voices. to do well you have to be slower than you think. James Earl Jones, Christopher Lee, and Peter O'Toole all had good voices but MR Jones has a stuttering problem. how he overcame it gave him the speech pattern he has now. so slow, calm, try deeper or higher than normal. note it will never sound good to you. it is ok with us. just don't sound like fingernails on a chalkboard. lol 

overall the video was a very good 1st attempt. i would get the mic and make longer clips to explain things better. here is a linkl to a video channel that one of the guys in my clan does.  ask him for ideas if you want. 

1,266 posts
13 battles

You did a good job for your 1st attempt. I agree, if you don't want to get a mic, make the text slides a bit longer. I found myself still reading and it went to the next clip. Awesome job though!

Members
3,774 posts
8 minutes ago, rutilius83 said:

speaking voice, some of the CCs don't have good speaking voices. to do well you have to be slower than you think. James Earl Jones, Christopher Lee, and Peter O'Toole all had good voices but MR Jones has a stuttering problem. how he overcame it gave him the speech pattern he has now. so slow, calm, try deeper or higher than normal. note it will never sound good to you. it is ok with us. just don't sound like fingernails on a chalkboard. lol 

overall the video was a very good 1st attempt. i would get the mic and make longer clips to explain things better. here is a linkl to a video channel that one of the guys in my clan does.  ask him for ideas if you want. 

Thanks like I said I'm not doing this to be anything just doing it for fun and learning how to do it.

3 minutes ago, Jazzyblaster said:

You did a good job for your 1st attempt. I agree, if you don't want to get a mic, make the text slides a bit longer. I found myself still reading and it went to the next clip. Awesome job though!

Thanks just tryin to have fun with it in the learning process.  Its a big learning curve.

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
2 hours ago, torpsRus said:

I don't have a mic so I can't actually talk about it.

Amazon has a number of USB headphones with mike's, some of them very inexpensive. And having heard the robot voiced vids before, I can honestly say I don't care what your voice sounds like because it has got to be better than the robot one. 

Members
3,774 posts
Just now, Umikami said:

Amazon has a number of USB headphones with mike's, some of them very inexpensive. And having heard the robot voiced vids before, I can honestly say I don't care what your voice sounds like because it has got to be better than the robot one. 

I'm sure if I dig through a couple of my comp stuff boxes I could find a headset but for now I'm not using one and that's just a personal choice.

[SF-A]
Members
2,850 posts
5,548 battles

Nice! It will be a learning process, any CC will tell you that. Reach out to them and see what they use and do; they're pretty friendly on the whole.

Edited by pewpewpew42

Sign in to follow this