Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
skull_122_steel

Proposal for the Italian battleship line

10 comments in this topic

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles

The title says it all this is my idea of what the italian battleships should be like.

so the battleships should start at tier three with the first dreadnought the country had right? but see the problem is that the first italian dreadnought had 4x3 12in guns(in fact the Dante Alighieri where the first ships in the world that had triple turrets) that firmly puts it at tier four for a battleship, So I see to solutions to this

1) start the line at tier four

2) put the last pre-dreadnought at tier three instead like what they did for the french

so lets start

III-Regina Elena

the last italian pre-dreadnought armed with 2x1 12in guns and 12x1 8in guns. So how would that work, easy replace those 12in guns with 8in guns and have that at tier three. I think it would be a unique play style different to any other tier three battleship

IV-Dante Alighieri

the first italian dreadnought built armed with 4x3 12in guns and 12x1 and 4x2 120mm guns with a belt 10in thick and a speed of 22Kgt it should make a decent tier four battleship

V-Conte di Cavour

Yeah Yeah the Giulio Cesare is at tier five and it's over preforming but I'm not saying put the refited one at tier five I'm saying put the WWI version of it at tier five.

the second dreadnought built by italy, ordered to combat the Courbet class of the french. Armed with 3x3 and 2x2 12in guns and 18x1 120mm guns with a belt of 9.8-5.1in thick and a speed of 21.5Kgt.

VI-Andrea Doria

just like the Conte di Cavour the Andrea Doria had a WWI version and a refit before WWII so what I suggest for tier six is the WWII refit of her.

ordered to combat the Bretagne class of the french. Armed with 2x3 and 2x2 320mm guns as well as 4x3 135/45 gun mounts and 10x1 90mm guns with a belt 9.8in thick and a speed of 26Kgt

VII-Francesco Caracciolo

designed by rear admiral Edgardo Ferrati, meant to combat the queen elizabeth class of the british. Armed with 4x1 15in guns and 12x1 152mm guns and 8 102mm guns with a belt 11.9in thick and a speed of 28Kgt. It was laid down but never finish thanks to resource shortages it guns where used to arm the Alfredo Cappellini class monitor.

VIII-Littorio

Just look at the Roma and imagine it under a different name

IX-Leonardo di vinci

I know that's not it's actual name but I never found any information on it under a different name 

meant to be a further development of the Littorio class it was a bit bigger and have an extra turret in the back bringing it's totally up to 12 15in guns

X- ???

I really don't know what to put here the last Italian battleship I know of is the one above but I have a few ideas of what would work

1) A bigger Littorio with 16in guns instead of 15in and the 135/45 gun mounts for duel purpose arment

2) a bigger Littorio with 17in guns and the 135/45 gun mounts

so let me know what you think.

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
17 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

200.gif

so because others have made topics on the same subject I can't. on another note phoenix's tech tree looks better IMO but I would still love to see the Andrea Doria in game in her WWII refit.

[UFFA]
Members
525 posts
29 battles

Trying to give you some ideas better than “I don’t know.” If you want to take that as a negative so be it. 

:Smile_hiding:

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,203 posts
5,662 battles

I think that all Italian battleships should get a special consumable that 2/3 of the way through the battle if your team is losing, you can click it and change sides!!!!!   hehehehehehe hahahahahaha hehehehehehe

[UFFA]
Members
525 posts
29 battles
50 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I think that all Italian battleships should get a special consumable that 2/3 of the way through the battle if your team is losing, you can click it and change sides!!!!!   hehehehehehe hahahahahaha hehehehehehe

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Civil_War

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
58 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

Trying to give you some ideas better than “I don’t know.” If you want to take that as a negative so be it. 

:Smile_hiding:

ohh sorry from the gif it sounded like you were upset about me posting something that somebody else already posted on

[TNG]
Members
5 posts
8,655 battles

I like your post.  I would do the same with tier 3 & 4.  I would do the refit of Guilio Cesare's sister at tier 5, and keep them similar.  Tier 6 & 7 same as you.  Tier 8: Littorio: with good dispersion! Please!  Then at tier 9 I would avoid 12 guns and stick with another of the proposals, a larger Littorio with 16 inch guns and again, good dispersion.  Then at tier 10 I think WG has a choice (and can do either, I don't really care).  Stick with 3x3 and an even larger Littorio with really good sigma and 430mm+ guns and a fast reload OR 4x3 16 inch guns and have something that plays like Montana.  Either way would suit me fine.  I think from a game balancing point of view, going with Littorio, then Littorio+ with 16's, then a 4x3 design is the easiest to balance.  Whatever they do... give us good sigma on this line of BBs!  Roma is a major disappointment due to sigma alone, everything else about her is great, but the sigma is infuriating, so I don't play her often.

Members
2,117 posts
4,727 battles

Agree with the line. Conti Di Cavour would obviously need her fast battleship refit just like Giulio Cesare. I'm looking forward to Caio Diulio and Andrea Doria, not so much the Tier 7, because even though T7's my fave tier the Italian T7 BB will be a paper ship.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,415 posts
3,410 battles

All I can say is that the suggested T9 is likely to have the same nerfs as Alsace, in exchange for 12 guns at T9.

Sign in to follow this