Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Big shout out to the Community

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

532
[KP]
Members
1,998 posts
18,484 battles

Big shout out to the Community for proving after 45K battles what I knew after 2 Battles in the Buffalo. It's severely underpowered. Don't believe me? WoWs stats and numbers has it listed above only the old Baltimore in damage and lagging behind old Baltimore as the bottom feeder in XP per battle.

Now for the worst part. As with any new line the Super Unicums prop up a new ships stats for about a month or so, then the regular player base gets ahold of it and the ships stats go down like a scuba diver until they normalize.

When 5 percenters like @Pulicat can only pull off 115K avg in a tier 9 CA that tells me there is an issue with the ship. I honestly have no idea how this ship made it out of Super Testing it's so bad it makes me question WGings attempt to even bother to use Super Testers. 

The stats don't lie they are the truth and the truth doesn't care about your feelings so feel free to down vote someone for telling the truth about a ship that right now should have never made it out of ST.

Give it the same 9.8 with module reload as the soon to be nerfed KMS Roon and let the Buffalo truly shine WGing.

Edited by IronMike11B4O
  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,433
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,209 posts
5,669 battles
13 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Big shout out to the Community for proving after 45K battles what I knew after 2 Battles in the Buffalo. It's severely underpowered. Don't believe me? WoWs stats and numbers has it listed above only the old Baltimore in damage and lagging behind old Baltimore as the bottom feeder in XP per battle.

Now for the worst part. As with any new line the Super Unicums prop up a new ships stats for about a month or so, then the regular player base gets ahold of it and the ships stats go down like a scuba diver until they normalize.

When 5 percenters like @Pulicat can only pull off 115K avg in a tier 9 CA that tells me there is an issue with the ship. I honestly have no idea how this ship made it out of Super Testing it's so bad it makes me question WGings attempt to even bother to use Super Testers. 

The stats don't lie they are the truth and the truth doesn't care about your feelings so feel free to down vote someone for telling the truth about a ship that right now should have never made it out of ST.

Give it the same 9.8 with module reload as the soon to be nerfed KMS Roon and let the Buffalo truly shine WGing.

Mike, I have played with you and am willing to bet you do really well in the Baltimore. You probably do well in pretty much any ship you play.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,764
Members
9,868 posts

It's American son....You are only allowed to have US superiority by paying cash....:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,433
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,209 posts
5,669 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

It's American son....You are only allowed to have US superiority by paying cash....:Smile_teethhappy:

lol that is the truth....with the exception of the Montana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

the thing about using stats for this though, is that anyone who had the Baltimore before now has the Buffalo as well. meaning everyone got hold of the new bote right away, not just the unicoms. it's right up there with the oldest lines in the game.

i'm not arguing whether it's bad or good. i'm just putting that out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,303
[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts
31 minutes ago, MidnightShamalan said:

the thing about using stats for this though, is that anyone who had the Baltimore before now has the Buffalo as well. meaning everyone got hold of the new bote right away, not just the unicoms. it's right up there with the oldest lines in the game.

i'm not arguing whether it's bad or good. i'm just putting that out there.

This ^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,509
[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles

Underpowered is the wrong word. I think buffalo has all the tools it needs to dominate a game. I think it doesn't fit in very well beside balti and des because buffalo must play open water in order to make use of all guns, while the other two are more bow on. While I may hold the top spot for now, I am not a damage farmer. I try to win games, and sometimes this results in less damage. It's very possible that someone will beat my damage. 

 

At best, I could see shaving off a second on the reload speed of the guns. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,520
[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,700 posts
3,468 battles

What could have possibly gone wrong by putting a ship with 4x3 setup into the middle of a line that has been nothing but 3x3's it's entire length, sans the Pensacola which could have been corrected by using the Northampton in the first place but wasn't, because logical flowing line progression is for idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,015
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles
1 minute ago, Madwolf05 said:

What could have possibly gone wrong by putting a ship with 4x3 setup into the middle of a line that has been nothing but 3x3's it's entire length, sans the Pensacola which could have been corrected by using the Northampton in the first place but wasn't, because logical flowing line progression is for idiots.

Should have been corrected too, but that would require more modelling time and money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,215
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,197 posts
3,871 battles

An American ship isn't utterly dominating all competition with ease? Get your torch and pitchfork.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,520
[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,700 posts
3,468 battles
Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

An American ship isn't utterly dominating all competition with ease? Get your torch and pitchfork.

Right, because that ship would be exactly what again? There isn't a single USN ship that tops the boards across any server except for may be the Arizona, and just marginally.

But you know, act like everyone is being incredibly unreasonable for pointing out weeks before it came out that a ship completely out of place and lacking the proper tools would end up worse than the ship it replaced. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
2,833 posts
4,070 battles
4 hours ago, awiggin said:

It's American son....You are only allowed to have US superiority by paying cash....:Smile_teethhappy:

i won't pay to have great depression america indianapolis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
140 posts
15,563 battles

Because like all American Heavy Cruisers, they are designed to have large impact instead of damage. If you want a cruiser that generate large damage with small impact, play the French Cruisers.

As mentioned by Pulicat before, Buffalo isnt meant to be played as a damage farming ship, we prioritize DDs instead of HE-ing BBs all day.

I currently average 114k, I could easily manage 130k+ if I just farmed BBs, but that isnt going to get me 76% WR, there are plenty of other ships more suited to burning down BBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,215
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,197 posts
3,871 battles
6 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Right, because that ship would be exactly what again? There isn't a single USN ship that tops the boards across any server except for may be the Arizona, and just marginally.

But you know, act like everyone is being incredibly unreasonable for pointing out weeks before it came out that a ship completely out of place and lacking the proper tools would end up worse than the ship it replaced. 

Yeah, you're so busy being triggered that you didn't bother to understand the joke I was making, and went in the completely opposite direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,635
[INTEL]
Members
8,441 posts
25,340 battles
20 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I find most tier 9's crappy.

T9 cruisers are in a bad spot. De facto T10s, without all the tools. 

As for Buffalo, I will never play it in Randoms in its current configuration. 13 sec reload? It's a like comical parody of a Zao -- with worse concealment, bad armor, lower fire chance, and no torps. Didn't its design originally mount torps?

Buffalo's mediocrity is made worse because Baltimore is relatively good -- its numbers are in the middle of the pack at T8. It is obviously a well-balanced and useful ship at T8. Hence when players go up from Baltimore they are going to experience a relative downgrade. I guess WG intends Buffalo to be the grindwall to the Des Moines.

It's fun in coop, tho. 

Warships stats and numbers, NA, today. Buffalo worst among active T9 cruisers and the T7 BB in all categories. 
image.thumb.png.92ba365b1c99d613ec446caaabe57efb.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
532
[KP]
Members
1,998 posts
18,484 battles
54 minutes ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

Because like all American Heavy Cruisers, they are designed to have large impact instead of damage. If you want a cruiser that generate large damage with small impact, play the French Cruisers.

As mentioned by Pulicat before, Buffalo isnt meant to be played as a damage farming ship, we prioritize DDs instead of HE-ing BBs all day.

I currently average 114k, I could easily manage 130k+ if I just farmed BBs, but that isnt going to get me 76% WR, there are plenty of other ships more suited to burning down BBs.

If it's impact is so high that should be reflected in avg. XP, cept it isn't it's actually worse at generating impact than the old Baltimore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,509
[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
35 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

If it's impact is so high that should be reflected in avg. XP, cept it isn't it's actually worse at generating impact than the old Baltimore.

The problem is people play it like Baltimore or des because it's in the same line, but it couldn't be more different. Over time people will understand and recent stats will reflect that. If it wasn't for the slow reload buffalo would be menacing. The super AP penetration angles of its line put on an open water flanking cruiser like Hindenburg with the durability to match. Fearsome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,493 posts
8,037 battles
1 hour ago, Madwolf05 said:

Right, because that ship would be exactly what again? There isn't a single USN ship that tops the boards across any server except for may be the Arizona, and just marginally.

But you know, act like everyone is being incredibly unreasonable for pointing out weeks before it came out that a ship completely out of place and lacking the proper tools would end up worse than the ship it replaced. 

Just give usn dds radar with smoke. German dds get hydro and smoke. Make radar the American flavor across the board; even aircraft carriers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,318
[TF16B]
Members
8,065 posts
17,029 battles
On 6/25/2018 at 12:33 PM, MidnightShamalan said:

the thing about using stats for this though, is that anyone who had the Baltimore before now has the Buffalo as well. meaning everyone got hold of the new bote right away, not just the unicoms. it's right up there with the oldest lines in the game.

i'm not arguing whether it's bad or good. i'm just putting that out there.

Except I sold my Baltimore for the worthless trash I felt it was at the time, and only bought it back to get Buffalo. Like that a lot more at Tier 9 than I ever did Baltimore, and I still think Baltimore sucks at tier 8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
770 posts
5,859 battles
On 6/25/2018 at 10:13 AM, IronMike11B4O said:

Big shout out to the Community for proving after 45K battles what I knew after 2 Battles in the Buffalo. It's severely underpowered. Don't believe me? WoWs stats and numbers has it listed above only the old Baltimore in damage and lagging behind old Baltimore as the bottom feeder in XP per battle.

Now for the worst part. As with any new line the Super Unicums prop up a new ships stats for about a month or so, then the regular player base gets ahold of it and the ships stats go down like a scuba diver until they normalize.

When 5 percenters like @Pulicat can only pull off 115K avg in a tier 9 CA that tells me there is an issue with the ship. I honestly have no idea how this ship made it out of Super Testing it's so bad it makes me question WGings attempt to even bother to use Super Testers. 

The stats don't lie they are the truth and the truth doesn't care about your feelings so feel free to down vote someone for telling the truth about a ship that right now should have never made it out of ST.

Give it the same 9.8 with module reload as the soon to be nerfed KMS Roon and let the Buffalo truly shine WGing.

Wait till you play the Seattle. Hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×