You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Malarkey_

What a Gallant can do.

14 comments in this topic

[MWM]
Supertester
251 posts
6,682 battles

Just a solid game and really shows off what single torps can do.

Gallant Monster.jpg

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
5,086 posts
8,967 battles

Gonna have to dust off my Gallant and start working up that commander now that British DDs seem to be in the pipeline.

Any guesses on launch date?  Early 2019, perhaps?

[AR15]
[AR15]
Beta Testers
98 posts
9,479 battles

WOW--that is a beyond great game...!

Members
4,457 posts
6,185 battles

Nice OP very nice. I got it but could not survive in it nor were guns worth a dang. Horrible. How do you stay alive in her? Those torps are great however. How you done in her overall? Maybe I will give her another shot. 

[MWM]
Supertester
251 posts
6,682 battles
54 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Nice OP very nice. I got it but could not survive in it nor were guns worth a dang. Horrible. How do you stay alive in her? Those torps are great however. How you done in her overall? Maybe I will give her another shot. 

Overall I am at like 64% w/Gallant and for me her stealth I have at 6km and the torps are good to 8km so you have a good buffer and with Demo expert her guns get to I think 11-12% fire chance so I mainly use my torps on CA and above and use those guns on the DDs since its got a solid reload and good fire chance for a DD.

[MWM]
Supertester
251 posts
6,682 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Gonna have to dust off my Gallant and start working up that commander now that British DDs seem to be in the pipeline.

Any guesses on launch date?  Early 2019, perhaps?

That was my reason to start playing her again myself. And I hope we see them like late 2018 hopefully by then I will have finished my 19pt CPT for them and be ready. Also love the profile pic. I got a 3yo&6yo and know Kwazii all to well, lol. 

Members
4,457 posts
6,185 battles
26 minutes ago, Malarkey_ said:

Overall I am at like 64% w/Gallant and for me her stealth I have at 6km and the torps are good to 8km so you have a good buffer and with Demo expert her guns get to I think 11-12% fire chance so I mainly use my torps on CA and above and use those guns on the DDs since its got a solid reload and good fire chance for a DD.

My that is good. Way above her average as listed on stat sites.  Ya know for some reason I see very few Gallants. Wonder why? 

Edited by dmckay

[-K-]
Members
5,086 posts
8,967 battles
17 hours ago, Malarkey_ said:

That was my reason to start playing her again myself. And I hope we see them like late 2018 hopefully by then I will have finished my 19pt CPT for them and be ready. Also love the profile pic. I got a 3yo&6yo and know Kwazii all to well, lol. 

I was of the understanding that Russian BBs or Italian cruisers were next up after USN light cruisers, but the revealing of the British DDs may change that perceived order of events.  If the DDs are up next, I'd expect to see them late this year.

16 hours ago, dmckay said:

My that is good. Way above her average as listed on stat sites.  Ya know for some reason I see very few Gallants. Wonder why? 

Probably because there is nothing that really makes Gallant stand out over other T6 DDs.  Plus, I believe she only had a brief sale period in the Premium Shop until she was recently permanently added to it.

• Cool 1

Members
8,068 posts
17,032 battles
On 6/25/2018 at 12:50 PM, dmckay said:

Just 25 battles in PvP, but a 64% wr.

I stay alive because I refuse to kamikaze caps like everyone appaerntly thinks destroyers should. I watch the minimap, abuse terrain, and ambush the hell out of things instead of playing the 'OH SHOOT ME!" game by fighting in the open.

I like the guns, used them more than the torps in Dynamo, and  never really have any problem with them.

Stay alive; make the lazy, BB farming cruisers do their bloody job...

...that is if they even know HOW to shoot at destroyers; after all; farming battleships all the time doesn't provide much chance to practice hitting destroyers.

Members
105 posts
4,319 battles

Not quite as good as the OP but not a bad game if I say so myself. I only have a 6 point capt so far. Love those single fire torps

Screenshot 2018-07-05 21.54.25.png

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
580 posts
4,567 battles

Great game OP.

I do like the Gallant and even with SE the hp pool is low at 14k at t6.

After grinding the KM DDs i still find that pool limiting. But i will dust this vessel off and go clubbing i think. 

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
On 6/25/2018 at 9:56 AM, Malarkey_ said:

Just a solid game and really shows off what single torps can do.

Gallant Monster.jpg

You know, I'm still finishing the Dunkirk collection with packs of 5 collection containers from the Arsenal. They actually have a chance of dropping the Gallant, and so I'm kind of excited to finish the collection, because even if I don't get Gallant from those containers, I at least get Jack Dunkirk.

• Cool 1

Members
321 posts
307 battles

First congratulations on that game, is something unusual, I think.

I have a love/hate relation on Gallant.

I have had a lot of fun on her but also as many ZERO DAMAGE rounds as in all my other ships together.

My bigger complaint are the guns, they do a very little damage for the tier.