You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BaronVonTom

Would you like to see these ships for sale again?

Would you like to see these ships in the Premium Shop?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Belfast

• yes
    • No
    • I WANT THIS SHIP!!!!! I would buy if under 100 dollars.
  2. 2. Arkansas Beta

• Yes
    • No
    • maybe bacon instead of Ark B
  3. 3. Nikolai

• Yes
    • No
    • Gimme Gimme Gimme NOW!
  4. 4. Kutusov

• Yes
    • No
    • I want to have bonfires on the ocean!
  5. 5. Kamikaze

• Yes
    • No
    • No more of these cockroaches in the game!
  6. 6. Missouri

• Yes
    • No
    • Perm free xp ship, or sell it!

90 comments in this topic

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Supertester
914 posts
17,972 battles

I am lucky to have most of the ships listed above except the Arkansas B.  I would love to have her to complete the collection.   

Belfast:  I love this cruiser.....it is a bonfire on the ocean and DD killer big time.  BUT, it can be killed by skilled cruiser and BB captains if not played properly.  I do not see this ship as OP, but it can wreak havoc if you use your smoke properly and keep outside 10 miles of BB's while in smoke.  When I have screwed up and smoked up too soon within 10 miles of a BB, they hit me pretty easily while in smoke.  Come on WG.....sell this ship and let folks have a chance at her.  I do not believe tier 7 would suffer if this ship was sold again.  And if up tiered, this ship can hold its own.  Worth every penny at any price under 100 dollars.

Arkansas B:  I dont have her....damn it.  But my clan mates do and they love it.  It is not a tier breaker according to them, but it can rack up the damage and tanks damage pretty good.  Worth buying if made available and up tiers nicely from what I have seen. NO AA so cv's can pound this ship. 

Nikolai:  Could be a tier breaker.  I run 71% win rate in this and a survival rate of 65% with a 2.55 kill rate.  It is one awesome BB that takes a ton of damage and keeps on ticking.  One shot cruisers and dd's, it is one helluva BB.  No AA so if a cv catches it alone......trouble for Nikolai.   Put it up to tier 5 and put it in the premium shop.  It will become a best seller I am sure.

Kutusov:  Uptiered a ton in this but it does hold its own and like the Belfast, is a bonfire on the ocean.  AP is pretty good also.  I think it is easier to kill than the Belfast but that is just my opinion.  A ton of fun to play this cruiser with a high skill ceiling (in my opinion).  A good BB driver can one shot the Kutusov if the Captain is clueless.   It is not an OP cruiser......sell this thing and let people have some fun in it.  

Kamikaze:  OMG this dd, if in stealth mode....it's a riot to play.  A true cockroach.  But, if spotted, you can be easily killed.   Not an OP DD, but damn close if the dd driver is good.  Come on WG, put some more of these in the game.  Folks would have a riot in them and I am sure you would sell a ton of them.

Missouri:  Yea yea, Free XP ship, I have it.  But a lot of people missed out and maybe it's time to give folks a chance to pay cash for it.  Or, make it a combined free xp, special mission ship.  Or maybe a perm free xp ship.  No way it is OP, but is fun to play and a good credit earner.  

I may have missed a few but these are the ones I can remember, or already have.  

• Cool 2

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,607 posts
8,799 battles

Arkansas Beta was never sold it was giving out to everyone that took part in CBT. So you will probably never see it in that form if sold.

• Cool 1

[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,525 battles

3 and 5 are undeniably, hilariously overpowered and actively drive low-tier players out of the game. 

1 and 4 are allegedly overpowered according to WG. I don't honestly find either to be OP but they have more data to look at so meh. 

2 is just a Wyoming with extra upgrade slots. And honestly, I have no issue with the beta players having a special ship. We don't all need to have access to everything. 

6 is balanced for gameplay but I can see where she's problematic for game economy; it would be much more tempting to buy premium time when I need credits if I didn't own Missouri, but she prints credits for me so I only buy premium when I'm powergrinding a line quick and want the bonus xp. 

Poll meaningless, WG ain't putting any of these up for sale. 

• Cool 2

[FARQD]
Members
305 posts
5,881 battles

Have all the above except the Ark B but don't play any because I find them boring except the Missouri. Also having perma camos on my t-10s gives me the chance to earn double the commander XP in the same time I would invest to play them :)

Members
1,107 posts
7,242 battles

No... 

There needs to be heritage ships that have mystique and rarity. This trend should continue, so there will always be new ships introduced that will also be  "no longer available".

• Cool 3

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

I also have all but Arkansas Beta.

Belfast:  with a skilled player, this ship is blatantly OP.  It is tier 7, which sees some of the best MM in the game.  This boat wrecks red DD's.  No, it should not be made available again.

Nikolai:  with a moderately skilled player, this ship is blatantly OP, particularly at tier 4.  No, it should not be made available again.

Kutuzov:  with a skilled player, this ship is moderately OP.  It's combination of smoke, range, accuracy, AA and fire chance make it an absolute terror for the enemy.  It should probably not be sold again.

Kamikaze:  with a skilled player, this ship is blatantly OP.  Her stealth and fast torpedo reload make her an obscene seal clubber.  No, it should not be made available again.

Missouri:  I don't see this one as being OP at all.  From what I understand, it was simply her credit earning potential that doomed her.  And I don't think it was THAT bad (I have other premiums that can come pretty close).  Yes, it should be made available again.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,795 posts
21 minutes ago, BaronVonTom said:

I am lucky to have most of the ships listed above except the Arkansas B.  I would love to have her to complete the collection.   

Belfast:  I love this cruiser.....it is a bonfire on the ocean and DD killer big time.  BUT, it can be killed by skilled cruiser and BB captains if not played properly.  I do not see this ship as OP, but it can wreak havoc if you use your smoke properly and keep outside 10 miles of BB's while in smoke.  When I have screwed up and smoked up too soon within 10 miles of a BB, they hit me pretty easily while in smoke.  Come on WG.....sell this ship and let folks have a chance at her.  I do not believe tier 7 would suffer if this ship was sold again.  And if up tiered, this ship can hold its own.  Worth every penny at any price under 100 dollars.

Arkansas B:  I dont have her....damn it.  But my clan mates do and they love it.  It is not a tier breaker according to them, but it can rack up the damage and tanks damage pretty good.  Worth buying if made available and up tiers nicely from what I have seen. NO AA so cv's can pound this ship. 

Nikolai:  Could be a tier breaker.  I run 71% win rate in this and a survival rate of 65% with a 2.55 kill rate.  It is one awesome BB that takes a ton of damage and keeps on ticking.  One shot cruisers and dd's, it is one helluva BB.  No AA so if a cv catches it alone......trouble for Nikolai.   Put it up to tier 5 and put it in the premium shop.  It will become a best seller I am sure.

Kutusov:  Uptiered a ton in this but it does hold its own and like the Belfast, is a bonfire on the ocean.  AP is pretty good also.  I think it is easier to kill than the Belfast but that is just my opinion.  A ton of fun to play this cruiser with a high skill ceiling (in my opinion).  A good BB driver can one shot the Kutusov if the Captain is clueless.   It is not an OP cruiser......sell this thing and let people have some fun in it.  

Kamikaze:  OMG this dd, if in stealth mode....it's a riot to play.  A true cockroach.  But, if spotted, you can be easily killed.   Not an OP DD, but damn close if the dd driver is good.  Come on WG, put some more of these in the game.  Folks would have a riot in them and I am sure you would sell a ton of them.

Missouri:  Yea yea, Free XP ship, I have it.  But a lot of people missed out and maybe it's time to give folks a chance to pay cash for it.  Or, make it a combined free xp, special mission ship.  Or maybe a perm free xp ship.  No way it is OP, but is fun to play and a good credit earner.  

I may have missed a few but these are the ones I can remember, or already have.  

Absolutely not to all.

Some are blatantly OP like Belfast and Kamikaze.

Some are not good for the game, like MIssouri and Kutuzov.

Some I don't want anyone else to have, like my Nikolai or especially Ark Beta.  (She's awesome by the way.)

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I said no to everything but Missouri, which I see no problem with. For the rest, if they want to make some varient that is more balanced/not an exclusive reward for cbt participation, then ok. But why put more ships in the game deemed too powerful?

Members
2,403 posts
5,421 battles

There should be NO restrictions on the sale of ANY ship - let the public buy and choose at will.  Power to the MASSES 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,376 posts
10,157 battles

Only 1 I don't have is Ark B and would like it but know WG will not do that so it's wishful thinking. Don't see Missouri ever coming back due to the credit issue. The rest I have/see no issue with. Bring em back or don't they are just good ships. Still takes a good Capt to make them great or OP.

• Kamikaze. Widely held as OP but I am a major DD tater and it doesn't help me in the least be better. It is probably the DD I have done the worst in of any I have tried.
  • Belfast. I actually am pretty good at BRN CL's but find Belfast meh. Never understood the calls of OP for it? Fiji is way better.
  • Nikolai. It has good armor and accurate guns but horrific AA and agonizingly long reloads. Hardly an OP ship to me? I prefer Wyoming.
  • Kutuzov. About as close to an OP ship as I have played. I kind of stink in Russian CL's but do really well in Kutuzov. Maybe because it plays a lot like a BRN CL more so than a Russian CL? It is really a good ship though but is it really OP? Nah.
  • Arkansas Beta. Haven't played it (obviously - I was not a beta tester) so can't comment much other than to say it is a Wyoming with no AA and extra upgrade slots. This doesn't fall in the category of to bring back an OP ship or not. This would be releasing a reward ship for Beta testers to everyone. Not happening.
  • Missouri. Removed because it printed too many credits (IMHO). Not an OP ship (just an Iowa with radar) so that would not be a reason to refuse to bring it back. I do not see WG ever bringing it back as they would have to nerf it's credit potential and they don't do that with Premiums. I believe Mighty MO is gone. If a T9 FXP Premium US BB were to return it could basically be the same as Missouri minus the credit potential and carry Wisconsin or New Jersey for the name. 
  • Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
283 posts
5,564 battles

I don't see why they cant sale the  Belfast, if they are making the flint easier to get and its a better Belfast.    

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
176 posts

The beta is a ship that they will never ever sell or giveaway. I'm glad for that as it wouldn't be as special to those of us who were here during the closed beta.

• Cool 1

Members
1,015 posts
12,905 battles

Still early in the poll but there is a trend. A lot of people don't want to see any more of ships 1-5 in the game. Not so many object to the Missouri but it was removed because WoWS didn't like it's credit earning potential.

[LHG]
Members
1,190 posts
4,924 battles

I put yes for Arkansas Beta because secondary builds are fun, however realistically I would like none of them to come back.

[TBW]
Members
6,331 posts
11,884 battles

I'll take the Beta ship the rest I have. The only reason I would have for them to be sold again, is compassion for people that want them. I used up my compassion taking care of my 99 year old granny.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,662 battles

Is it mean of me to vote no on all the ships that I have and only vote yes for the only one on the list I don't have, the Nikolai hehehehehehehe

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,331 posts
11,884 battles
Just now, Belthorian said:

Is it mean of me to vote no on all the ships that I have and only vote yes for the only one on the list I don't have, the Nikolai hehehehehehehe

Good at least I'm not the only one devoid of compassion for the have nots.

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

Konig Albert is already back in the premium shop despite being an OP ship. As such I don't see why other OP ships can't return either. Unless WG comes up with a replacement RN CL trainer which they haven't, Belfast should return as well. I don't mind if Arkansas was sold to the masses, it's a real historical ship after all. Just release a clone Arkansas (without the Beta tag) a la Kamikaze/Fujin and done.

My only desire is Nikolai because it's the only Russian WW1 BB in the game (Okt Rev doesn't count because it has a WW2 refit).

Missouri should return because it's an iconic museum ship and WG did say it was "here to stay".

• Bad 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,662 battles
31 minutes ago, DemonW0lf said:

The beta is a ship that they will never ever sell or giveaway. I'm glad for that as it wouldn't be as special to those of us who were here during the closed beta.

I have the Arkansas Beta, but call me crazy I like the Japanese premium Ishizuchi..much better. Its guns are ridiculous, it has near 30 knot speed....I had back to back Krackens in a seal clubbing session last week.

• Cool 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,662 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Good at least I'm not the only one devoid of compassion for the have nots.

ROFLMAO....that is hilarious!

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,012 posts
9,566 battles
2 hours ago, Compassghost said:

I would like a Kitakami please.

you and everybody else my friend.:fish_aqua:

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Supertester
914 posts
17,972 battles
2 hours ago, Shigure_DD said:

Arkansas Beta was never sold it was giving out to everyone that took part in CBT. So you will probably never see it in that form if sold.

I did not know that, thanks for the info!!!!  Still is a nice ship....has to be a way to make it available...(yea i want it bad)..lol.

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Only 1 I don't have is Ark B and would like it but know WG will not do that so it's wishful thinking. Don't see Missouri ever coming back due to the credit issue. The rest I have/see no issue with. Bring em back or don't they are just good ships. Still takes a good Capt to make them great or OP.

• Kamikaze. Widely held as OP but I am a major DD tater and it doesn't help me in the least be better. It is probably the DD I have done the worst in of any I have tried.
  • Belfast. I actually am pretty good at BRN CL's but find Belfast meh. Never understood the calls of OP for it? Fiji is way better.
  • Nikolai. It has good armor and accurate guns but horrific AA and agonizingly long reloads. Hardly an OP ship to me? I prefer Wyoming.
  • Kutuzov. About as close to an OP ship as I have played. I kind of stink in Russian CL's but do really well in Kutuzov. Maybe because it plays a lot like a BRN CL more so than a Russian CL? It is really a good ship though but is it really OP? Nah.
  • Arkansas Beta. Haven't played it (obviously - I was not a beta tester) so can't comment much other than to say it is a Wyoming with no AA and extra upgrade slots. This doesn't fall in the category of to bring back an OP ship or not. This would be releasing a reward ship for Beta testers to everyone. Not happening.
  • Missouri. Removed because it printed too many credits (IMHO). Not an OP ship (just an Iowa with radar) so that would not be a reason to refuse to bring it back. I do not see WG ever bringing it back as they would have to nerf it's credit potential and they don't do that with Premiums. I believe Mighty MO is gone. If a T9 FXP Premium US BB were to return it could basically be the same as Missouri minus the credit potential and carry Wisconsin or New Jersey for the name. 

Agree......but but but  ark b.....gimme gimme gimme.  lol

1 hour ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

I don't see why they cant sale the  Belfast, if they are making the flint easier to get and its a better Belfast.    

I agree completely.  I think it would be a good seller and people would love playing it. 

2 hours ago, poeticmotion said:

3 and 5 are undeniably, hilariously overpowered and actively drive low-tier players out of the game. 

1 and 4 are allegedly overpowered according to WG. I don't honestly find either to be OP but they have more data to look at so meh. 

2 is just a Wyoming with extra upgrade slots. And honestly, I have no issue with the beta players having a special ship. We don't all need to have access to everything. 

6 is balanced for gameplay but I can see where she's problematic for game economy; it would be much more tempting to buy premium time when I need credits if I didn't own Missouri, but she prints credits for me so I only buy premium when I'm powergrinding a line quick and want the bonus xp. 

Poll meaningless, WG ain't putting any of these up for sale. 

No totally meaningless....they are making Flint and Black available although for crazy amounts of steel.....Belfast could be made available.   But agree with everything you said.

2 hours ago, Compassghost said:

I would like a Kitakami please.

I forgot about this one.....oh man......can you see a division of 3 of these playing a battle?  120 torps in the water at once?  Too funny.  

Members
94 posts
1,267 battles

Wow. Lots of nays 

Would like a shot at Belfast and Nikolai as most research I've done they sound equally fun. 

Edited by Schnauzahpowahz
  • Cool 1