You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

Stress free play???

9 comments in this topic

Members
1,015 posts
12,905 battles

Simple to do...just don't go chasing after WoWS freebies.

Having bought the Indianapolis when it first came out I don't need to chase it down now which means I can play whatever ships I want whenever I want with no thoughts about accomplishing missions. I have collected a number of containers but those are and will be incidental rewards for my normal play. No worries about doing this and that plus surviving a game to earn a reward. I don't have to worry about shooting down a certain number of planes other than taking advantage of all the CVs being played by taking out an AA spec'ed CA.

Now don't get me wrong, I've put together my fleet specifically to handle any and all missions that WoWS can come up with but it is nice to occasionally let one pass me by. June has been fun and stress free and I even took off a week to visit a friend in Sacramento. Grinding out ships and commanders as well as chasing freebies can get old fast; it's great to be able to play just for the sheer joy of the game.

• Cool 3

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,704 posts
11,128 battles

I hardly ever play a cruiser but the Indy challenge lets me get it out and use it every few days, win/loose its fun to do, as far as the other challenges go, just play the game and they get done, it's not like you have to get every single one as they at least put a buffer in there for that.

[FARQD]
Members
305 posts
5,881 battles

I mostly play cruisers and all those Indy missions were done in my Hindy even without me bothering to look into the criteria :)

Playing our  normal game gets most of these missions done and sometimes one has to apply their minds a bit in situations which warrants fulfillment of mission criteria. For example, Hasley mission where achievements are a requirement and I know the team is winning with me having a chance to earn a dreadnought would go silent. Have been quite successful in earning stars doing this especially in the 4th part which requires 2 achievements.

Edited by sansfaille

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,352 battles

Hmm.

Stress free play for me is generated by playing my taiho, the freebies are just a bonus.

But yes, not focusing so hard on extra things is a big bonus.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,167 posts
8,781 battles

The best path to stress free play is to worry about the only player you have control over in a match, you. I rarely say anything about stupid play because I have made my fair share of stupid mistakes. Play to have fun, why else are you playing a game anyway? Yes have fun while playing and do the best you can. Don't worry about wins, losses, or missions, they will come or they won't but don't worry. I already have the Indy so am only completing the missions for the secondary rewards and if I do finish it the port slot and the credits/doubloons whichever it is.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,947 battles

Having to bring Indy out of mothballs to play every few days reminds me how much I like New Orleans so much better.

Members
1,015 posts
12,905 battles
45 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The best path to stress free play is to worry about the only player you have control over in a match, you. I rarely say anything about stupid play because I have made my fair share of stupid mistakes. Play to have fun, why else are you playing a game anyway? Yes have fun while playing and do the best you can. Don't worry about wins, losses, or missions, they will come or they won't but don't worry. I already have the Indy so am only completing the missions for the secondary rewards and if I do finish it the port slot and the credits/doubloons whichever it is.

I'm in total 100% agreement with your opinions.

However... with all of the stat shamers encountered in game chat and here on the forum as well as all the threads started complaining/asking advice about the missions it's obvious that many others do not approach the "game" with the same kind of healthy mind set.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,776 posts
12,891 battles

Yeah, I just play the game...without even noticing the missions.  I'll notice a mission is completed when it shows on the end screen, but often don't even know I was playing the mission.  Ironic, I hear many folks were having issues with the 30 air kills Indy mission.  I didn't even know (at the time) when that mission was in queue.  I took out my QE (my air spec'd QE), got 19 kills, fulfilled the mission...and was like...wow, that's the one everyone is talking about.

A similar things with the campaigns.  Just set up my tasks, go about my normal play routine...and voila...I'll see a task is complete at the end screen and didn't even know I completed it.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
307 posts
1,695 battles
13 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

A similar things with the campaigns.  Just set up my tasks, go about my normal play routine...and voila...I'll see a task is complete at the end screen and didn't even know I completed it.

I am the same way with my campaign tasks.  Sometimes I'll see them completed and don't even remember what I needed to achieve to complete them.