Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

USS Massachusetts Review - No Zoup for You

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4,581
[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

 

found this on youtube and he only just posted it a hour ago. so i thought i would beat him on posting in the forums. no zoup for ya lol

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
209
[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
536 posts
11,831 battles

Hmmm I see NoZoup pronounces "Big Mamie" as "Big Mahmmie", but I always thought it was pronounced "Big May Mee".  Any of our Navy guys know which is correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,624
[INTEL]
Members
8,421 posts
25,278 battles

Excellent review as always. 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,157
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,426 posts
4,726 battles
42 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

 

found this on youtube and he only just posted it a hour ago. so i thought i would beat him on posting in the forums. no zoup for ya lol

Lol!  You sure did beat me to it!  Just came here to do it and saw this here :)

As far as pronouncing Mamie, I thought this was the old school southern pronounciation, though this wouldn’t be the first time (or even the tenth) I’ve mispronounced something. And now both ways sound right to me, and wrong.  I’m so confused lol.

Edited by NoZoupForYou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[O_O]
Members
782 posts
4,726 battles

Visited her a few times and as far as I can remember it was

39 minutes ago, nagasakee said:

"Big May Mee"

 

Being completely honest, though, I've not had a docent-lead tour... so that may be off by a vowel drift or two.

-R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,494
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,794 posts

I can't wait!  I took advantage of the discount captain respec this weekend to respec John Doe at my future Massachusetts captain.  Really hoping she's out with 7.6 this coming weekend.  I've got high skill U.S. captains coming out my ears, so I always planned on having a custom captain for Big Mamie.   Might eventually put Bull Halsey on her, we shall see.

I wish we'd gotten a video with a properly specced captain, but so be it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
209
[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
536 posts
11,831 battles

BTW, my apologies @NoZoupForYou  It was a great review (as yours always are!) and I neglected to mention that in my curiosity on a small issue.  Nice job man!

Edited by nagasakee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,157
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,426 posts
4,726 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

I can't wait!  I took advantage of the discount captain respec this weekend to respec John Doe at my future Massachusetts captain.  Really hoping she's out with 7.6 this coming weekend.  I've got high skill U.S. captains coming out my ears, so I always planned on having a custom captain for Big Mamie.   Might eventually put Bull Halsey on her, we shall see.

I wish we'd gotten a video with a properly specced captain, but so be it.

 Can definitely do one in the future.  I think even without the IFHE, I was still able to use her fine.  She is a fun ship and I have a love of all things USN. I think those that don’t have Alabama will take a good look at her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,157
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,426 posts
4,726 battles
3 hours ago, nagasakee said:

BTW, my apologies @NoZoupForYou  It was a great review (as yours always are!) and I neglected to mention that in my curiosity on a small issue.  Nice job man!

 No need for apologies.  I’m used to mispronouncing everything in this game st this point :p

Edited by NoZoupForYou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,941
[SYN]
Members
14,370 posts
10,228 battles

Oh hai, I was there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,585
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,590 posts
14,010 battles

If I was strapped for money, I'd hold off on Massachusetts since I already have NC, Alabama for USN BBs this tier, and they will be in general be more useful in regular play.  It's been mentioned by others, that NC & AL gunnery are more useful than MASS Secondaries focus.

 

But since I'm not strapped for money, I'll very likely end up getting MASS after all.  It is the only USN BB in the entire game, Premium or Tech Tree, that is a viable Secondaries Build Candidate.  Not even Montana is a good candidate, as her range is very poor even with a dedicated Secondaries Build.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,965
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,728 posts
7,354 battles

I tend to be within Mass's secondary range in my BB's, so a sec build works well for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
113
[-DOG-]
Members
187 posts
3,062 battles
25 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If I was strapped for money, I'd hold off on Massachusetts since I already have NC, Alabama for USN BBs this tier, and they will be in general be more useful in regular play.  It's been mentioned by others, that NC & AL gunnery are more useful than MASS Secondaries focus.

 

But since I'm not strapped for money, I'll very likely end up getting MASS after all.  It is the only USN BB in the entire game, Premium or Tech Tree, that is a viable Secondaries Build Candidate.  Not even Montana is a good candidate, as her range is very poor even with a dedicated Secondaries Build.

Well if you aren't strapped for cash, you can send a Tirpitz over my way ;)

giphy.gif

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[CSTL]
Members
10 posts
6,781 battles

I bought Massachusetts after raging about the whole sigma thing believing that if accuracy was unworkable it would get buffed sooner than later.

After my first game in her which I was the only non tier 10 boat with a 5 bb meta and doing 90k damage exclusively with main battery, I can tell you that this ship hits hard and reliably to max range.  Very little accuracy difference between Massachusetts and Alabama despite the sigma chasm.

Not going to pixel snipe with her but honestly, dispersion feels much better than any German ship in the game aside from König. Shorter max range isn’t a problem.  Anyone who max range snipes with a tier 8 B.B. is generally a non factor anyway.  Especially with US 45 cal main battery shell flight times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,494
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,794 posts
13 minutes ago, Kevin1970_1 said:

I bought Massachusetts after raging about the whole sigma thing believing that if accuracy was unworkable it would get buffed sooner than later.

After my first game in her which I was the only non tier 10 boat with a 5 bb meta and doing 90k damage exclusively with main battery, I can tell you that this ship hits hard and reliably to max range.  Very little accuracy difference between Massachusetts and Alabama despite the sigma chasm.

Not going to pixel snipe with her but honestly, dispersion feels much better than any German ship in the game aside from König. Shorter max range isn’t a problem.  Anyone who max range snipes with a tier 8 B.B. is generally a non factor anyway.  Especially with US 45 cal main battery shell flight times.

Exactly.   Sigma, I believe to be a way overinflated stat unless you’re talking about very large differences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
214
[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,214 battles
5 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Exactly.   Sigma, I believe to be a way overinflated stat unless you’re talking about very large differences.

But... but... then what stat are we going to use to automatically dismiss ships as trash?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:21 AM, MajorRenegade said:

 

found this on youtube and he only just posted it a hour ago. so i thought i would beat him on posting in the forums. no zoup for ya lol

I have been oft critical of Zoup (not that anyone cares) but he hits it out of the park on this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,494
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,794 posts
7 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

But... but... then what stat are we going to use to automatically dismiss ships as trash?

It’s a dilemma, you’re right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×