You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

19 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,974 posts
8,124 battles

Regale us.

Completed the grind and now own Z-52, 9th T10 unlocked

DvurIXG.jpg

Before anyone asks, yes, I did unlock and run Haku for a while, but the general skill level of T10 CVs tends to be better than T9, plus there seems to be more odds of AA builds.

I also completed Ranger and unlocked Lexington. Now I got credit woes again--need to run MO lots over this week to make the 15 million or so needed to buy upgraded modules and all for both ships. Decided to keep Z-46 and put the Special German guy on her.

Weekend for most part could be summed up with:

kCHLJYU.jpg

Didn't usually matter if did what I could, team often fell apart faster than I could do damage. Like Okinawa map, in yammy, I went A to help take it, saw lot of reds coming in, noticed a couple BBs moving to flank us, ask Shimakaze to please spot them--if I could beat up one of them it'd help even the odds, but noooooo the DD wasn't watching minimap for flanking ships and turned full victim in response to my request, ended up part of the reason we lose so badly. Poor MO couldn't get a win at all; it did get hilarious if another dead player decided to get upset w/ me without appreciating my own tactical thinking.

Spent almost all my elite XP (over 400K) training up my US CV captain (now 16 points) because the lack of CE was getting tiring.

On other hand, finally Detonated w/ US DBs. Hit a Farragut.

Oh, that's right, @Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu used a cyclone to get near my Ranger in his ATL and exploded me. Seeing as I was rearming planes at the time and basically defenseless, not really impressed w/ that kill.

Edited by Reymu

[TDG]
Members
1,134 posts
5,736 battles

Congrats on the Z-52.

I did get the two tasks in the Indy Marathon, so still on track there.

I'm still replenishing credits, Free XP, and Elite Commander XP from activity a week ago.

I did make some good progress on this during the weekend.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Nice! I broke 60% wr on the z-23 on my way to unlocking the z-46, and am still thrilled with the level of support I am getting in the German destroyers, as I work to support the team. I ran out of compliments on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. First time to do that.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
Members
1,171 posts
7,210 battles

I pretty much stayed away, mostly because of other commitments, but I didn't push it either because, well, its the weekend.  LOL.  I did complete the Indy missions on Friday so I wasn't in a hurry to play all weekend.  I did get a Kidd mission in my last Indy crate.  I managed to finish the mission this morning and take it for a spin.  Nice ship.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,255 posts
8,815 battles

I was a very frustrated potato on Friday & Saturday but finished the two missions so only played a single co-op on Sunday.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles

I unlocked the Hindenburg - haven't bought it yet, I'll wait to see if there is a sale, since I have plenty of other stuff to do.  I was pleased also that the final game of my Roon grind was pretty good - not miraculous, but good.  I really struggled with that ship early on, and even after getting better with it got damage but not kills in a way that was borderline hilarious (i.e., reliably straddling dds with 15 hp kind of thing).  For me, at least, it helped when I switched from double rudder, as I had set up my Hipper, to CSM.

shot-18_06.24_09_17.05-0926.thumb.jpg.2a98633d8e1c5c0faa7b9e22addb6a05.jpg

Let's see, other than that, I got the 30 planes mission done Friday but failed to get the 150 hits mission done; travel is going to keep me from the Indianapolis anyway so I'm not really applying myself.  And I lost karma and got called a nasty name by someone on the red team for playing my Atlanta around an island - because, you know, one should  adopt the manly-man open-water Atlanta play style.

[-K-]
Members
5,111 posts
8,979 battles

Sorry I missed your div invite this weekend, @Reymu.  I was away from the PC when you messaged me.  Hopefully I'm around next time you're on.

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles
5 hours ago, Reymu said:

Regale us.

Completed the grind and now own Z-52, 9th T10 unlocked

DvurIXG.jpg

Before anyone asks, yes, I did unlock and run Haku for a while, but the general skill level of T10 CVs tends to be better than T9, plus there seems to be more odds of AA builds.

I also completed Ranger and unlocked Lexington. Now I got credit woes again--need to run MO lots over this week to make the 15 million or so needed to buy upgraded modules and all for both ships. Decided to keep Z-46 and put the Special German guy on her.

Weekend for most part could be summed up with:

kCHLJYU.jpg

Didn't usually matter if did what I could, team often fell apart faster than I could do damage. Like Okinawa map, in yammy, I went A to help take it, saw lot of reds coming in, noticed a couple BBs moving to flank us, ask Shimakaze to please spot them--if I could beat up one of them it'd help even the odds, but noooooo the DD wasn't watching minimap for flanking ships and turned full victim in response to my request, ended up part of the reason we lose so badly. Poor MO couldn't get a win at all; it did get hilarious if another dead player decided to get upset w/ me without appreciating my own tactical thinking.

Spent almost all my elite XP (over 400K) training up my US CV captain (now 16 points) because the lack of CE was getting tiring.

On other hand, finally Detonated w/ US DBs. Hit a Farragut.

Oh, that's right, @Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu used a cyclone to get near my Ranger in his ATL and exploded me. Seeing as I was rearming planes at the time and basically defenseless, not really impressed w/ that kill.

I was just taking an opportunity to get a kill, any kill really, and just happened to sail near you and the other CV. Weekend was extremely rough for me.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
307 posts
1,695 battles

@Reymu Grats on your Z52!

Finished both missions between Friday evening (8 games) and Saturday morning (9 games).  Had two very good games in the Yorck (I think it may be one of my favorite tier 7 cruisers now) to balance two terrible games in the Atlanta (I was over aggressive and got caught out of position).  Overall had fun playing and even managed to get some wins.

[NG-NL]
Members
4,974 posts
8,124 battles
4 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Sorry I missed your div invite this weekend, @Reymu.  I was away from the PC when you messaged me.  Hopefully I'm around next time you're on.

All good. Maybe next time!

[WOLF2]
Members
359 posts
6,063 battles

Not much here. Actually missed the plane mission.

I hardly saw any carriers and when I did they never came near me. 

One mission I was in the Atlanta and there was another Atlanta on my team on the other side of the map with a carrier in game.

The other Atlanta got 21 plane kills and I saw 0 planes even close to me. I was like seriously?? :Smile_sad::Smile-angry:

[-VT-]
Members
330 posts
6,490 battles

I managed to get my Shimakaze this weekend, making it t10 number 14 I think? Was glad to get the Yugamo grind done.  Overall I think I did ok, including finishing the two Indy missions.

[HINON]
Members
2,572 posts
18,639 battles

Nice work Reymu

[WOLF9]
Members
3,168 posts

Finished the tier 3 French BB and bought/fitted out the tier 4.  Still haven't played it.

Both Sat and Sun, I played a bunch of games.  Nothing too special happened on Sat, and Sunday started out as a one and done day.  (RNGesus wasn't finished trolling me yet, so I logged off for a couple of hours)   When I returned, it was the best of times, and the worst of times.   Ie great game followed by embarrasingly bad game- rinse repeat.

A few highlights:

1) tossing a hail Mary torp salvo into a gap at a clot of reds charging at us- just to slow them down.    All ten of my Benson torpedoes slammed into Yamato- who flooded out moments later.    Same match,  I'd started fires on several other ships because Benson's guns just refused to miss.

2)  Winning a 3 vs 1 brawl in my Buffalo  with a Buff; a Dimitri Donskoi, and a Nor-Cal in a cap.   Yep- still love my American CA's!

3)  Encountering a "special" bot Lexington, who spent the entire game trying to kill my AA spec Cleveland.   Needless to say, he didn't succeed.   He did, however, pad my xp earnings quite nicely.   What had been a disgusting low damage game- due to nothing to shoot at- turned into a 2nd place finish, thanks mainly to that CV.

4)  Eating 9 or 10 torpedoes in the span of a few seconds in Monty, because I had a major brain fart and forgot how much range Zao and Gearing torpedoes had...   The match before that, Monty smashed everything in it's path.

Typical weekend feast or famine meta, lol.

I'm also rapidly coming to the conclusion that Queen E's godawful turret traverse is going to ruin the ship for me, and I'll most likely end up using Free XP to get through it.   I thought I could live with it, but it's causing me to tear out what's left of my hair with epic speed.   If not that, then it'll be the incredibly flimsy turrets that'll do it.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,043 posts
11,539 battles

Knocked out my INdy quests on both my alt account and my EU account.  I also elited my Bretagne on EU, although I can't afford to buy the Normandie as I am saving up for my Chapayev (which still needs 5m credits lol)

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,125 battles

I see you have plenty of premium time. Where does all your money go?

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,043 posts
11,539 battles
1 hour ago, Ju87s said:

I see you have plenty of premium time. Where does all your money go?

Probably ships.