Tabatha_266

Fighter vs fighter strafing attack over powered

5 comments in this topic

[TORP]
[TORP]
Members
46 posts
21,557 battles

I have noticed the strafing attack for fighters vs fighters in matches with CVs can really make a battle no fun and lop sided.I know how to strafe but it doesn't work well for attacking  fighters for me and I can lose all my fighters in 5 minutes of the battle then get reported for poor play.The video I watched never mentioned the strafe was meant for fighter attacks against fighters.I have my own Clan and 3 of my players quit CVs and sold them because of this overpowering strafing attack myself haven't played my Midway for fear of being reported for blowing the match.With a standard dog fight I love it because it's so realistic because you never know who is going to win it.I support the the Strafing of bombers and torpedo planes that's realistic because without fighter cover they are going to shot down very fast.I would like to see the fighter vs fighter strafing attack be reduced in losses it causes or even done away with.This would keep players from quiting CVs and make the players that rely on the strafing of fighters to win the skies work on their commander skills upgrades and modifications.My Clan is only 1 of many but 3 players quiting in 1 Clan because of the fighter vs fighter strafing attacks is to high.Like I said I will not go to a tier 10 match with my Midway because I don't want my team to lose because of me or even worse get reported then lose.Thanks Tab

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[SSBN]
Members
291 posts
4,924 battles

I rage quit cvs because of this and the UI

• Bad 1

[VFW]
Members
899 posts
20,645 battles

If you are losing your fighters to strafs and think it is overpowered, maybe you should rethink you method of play.   Strafing is a skill like others, just need to become better.   Practice more at the lower tiers, because at high tiers there are some really good CV players that capitalize on your mistakes.

Good luck,

vr,

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,139 posts
8,762 battles
8 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

If you are losing your fighters to strafs and think it is overpowered, maybe you should rethink you method of play.   Strafing is a skill like others, just need to become better.   Practice more at the lower tiers, because at high tiers there are some really good CV players that capitalize on your mistakes.

Good luck,

vr,

The biggest problem with strafe is it widened the already canyon sized gap between the really good CV players and the average and lesser players. The problem with practicing at lower tiers, you can't strafe until tier 6.

[TORP]
[TORP]
Members
46 posts
21,557 battles
15 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

Good luck,

vr,

Thanks Tex been working on that but there is players that do this in the lower tiers to and if you really look at the controls required to do a strafe they are rather complicated so it is very difficult to make the strafe work against fighters.Bombers and torpedo planes are much easier to strafe I have no trouble at all