Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Highvelocity4U

I fully accept my crap winrate.

9 comments in this topic

[FFLY]
Members
39 posts
5,228 battles

Trap map in the Kutuzov. 178 hits, 5 torps, 3 kills, 10 fires, 1 cap, 4 spotted and a loss, again.

It's not so much the loss, it's how we lost. We're down 3v5. I go B and cap, get charged by 4 moving in from A. Smoke up, kill 2 but die and the other 2 teammates kill 2 that were almost dead. Now we have 2v1. Full health Fuso and a 1/2 health New Orleans against a 1/4 health Warspite would win now, correct? Nope. Fuso turns broadside at 4km, dies. New Orleans, instead of getting behind the hill in B, (we're up 300pts with under 2 minutes and the Warspite  would have never gotten near him in time), charges the Warspite and dies.

I give worrying about winrate because unless I become a CV unicum I'm unlikely to carry people that simply fail to think.

On a positive note, it was a close game and not the normal blowout.

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles

Be the meat or use the potatoes. I always save a taste of meat for after I eat the potatoes. Then again, that's how I eat Dinner.

[4HIM]
Members
1,701 posts
3,864 battles

I accept that I'm simply not that good.  I can hold my own if the team is competent.  But if there are multiple non-contributors on the team I'm by no means good enough to carry.  Was in one last night where the CV only managed to kill one cruiser (that others had whittled down to under 1k health) during 'garbage time' when the battle was pretty much lost.  And not one but TWO Tirps who sailed together to the back of the map.  Reds were aggressive and pushed.  Games like that aren't winnable.  

Edited by ZARDOZ_II

[MWM]
Supertest Coordinator
274 posts
4,399 battles

Win rate never figured much to me on who is a good player or not. My stats are crap half the time due to running test ship and getting focused fired, the rest are getting hung out to dry by the people who cant push in a fight and I over extend without support. Just get in do the best you can and have fun, if your not having fun then you may wish to reexamine why your playing a GAME.

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
4,264 posts
7,725 battles

I can relate to the feeling that sometimes chasing better stats seems pointless. I worked hard to get from 47% to 58% over the last two years but every time I look at it I feel like I lost something far more valuable along the way dealing with the added stress of trying to improve, such as my humanity, my sanity or my patience.

• Cool 1

[DENY]
Members
288 posts
4,375 battles

I don't care much about win rate , I generally make it in the top 3 9/10 game 

[ARGSY]
Members
5,738 posts
3,912 battles
2 hours ago, Highvelocity4U said:

Full health Fuso and a 1/2 health New Orleans against a 1/4 health Warspite would win now, correct?

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

My most depressing losses are when I take down two or three ships even with my rubbish shooting, and think that if everyone on the team could have shot as well as useless old me it would be a walkover victory.

Sign in to follow this