Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kyoujin

Karma System Needs a Rework

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

0
[E-E]
Beta Testers
14 posts
4,070 battles

I feel like the current Karma system needs a rework. The reason why is because a lot of people do not give other players commendations even though they actually deserve it because they don't really care. However, a lot of people do report/downvote players for a lot of things and once they get pissed off, they will downvote/report the player. There is no incentive to give commendations, but they will always try and downvote/report players as much as they can. This makes it very hard for a player to get good Karma but very easy to get negative Karma. Just now I just played a game where we won the game, and I was one of the last 2 ships left, and I had the best XP from the team. Yet because a couple of players didn't like how I was playing my ship, they reported me and I lost 2 Karma.

There needs to be some sort of balance, else there is no point in having the Karma system. Like maybe if you report 1 player, you must complement another. Its at a point where if the player just doesn't like you even though you didn't really do nothing wrong, he can just downvote you for whatever reason he likes and just moves on to a new game. It kinda makes it not fair and for me to just not care about my Karma anymore because I can just report X player because I just don't like him and move on to the next game and don't compliment other people because Im too lazy to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,870 posts
5,656 battles

At the moment, it's mainly there only as a means of venting.

More serious reporters will submit a support ticket.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
383
[WOLFB]
Members
1,662 posts
8,047 battles

Here's a question for you : How can you say someone "deserve" a compliment ?

 

The current karma system is not perfect, I'll give you that, but at the same time, having 100 karma or 1 doesn't do anything to the game. It doesn't gives you any benefit nor penalty. And if I want to report someone I don't know why I should compliment someone who doesn't deserve it from my point of view. (Hence the question above). 

You can be the player who earned the most XP in the game, if all you did was hidding behind an island using your DD and CA as meat shield while you farm some AFK BB, I don't know why I should give you a compliment. But I do have a reason to compliment that DD or CA player who acted as a meat shield thinking you would support him.

 

Honestly, you shouldn't be bothered by your karma. By just playing the game I earn and lose karma for no reason. 

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
437
[YAN]
Members
1,637 posts
7,464 battles
24 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

At the moment, it's mainly there only as a means of venting.

Basically this, works pretty well as well for that.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,227 posts
6,194 battles

The only thing you get with more karma: extra reports and compliments to give out each day.

I got like 190 karma right now... i tend to pay it no real mind beyond laughing when it drops because some guy is salty i detonated/devstruck him or roasted them in chat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
124 posts
4,233 battles

just a shiny number that means nothing at all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,303
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
2 hours ago, MountainManxDan said:

It currently doesn't even have a purpose or affect anything.

 

2 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

At the moment, it's mainly there only as a means of venting.

More serious reporters will submit a support ticket.

 

1 hour ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Honestly, you shouldn't be bothered by your karma. By just playing the game I earn and lose karma for no reason.

The whole Karma "System" as said above is just a way for players to vent. It does not mean anything and does not need to be changed, Wargaming has a lot more to work on than the Karma System.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
826 posts
4,565 battles

I admit I give out more negative karma than positive. I save it for people who spam chat. Hearing "Let's give then a hard time" 30+ times in chat earns a few and things like that. Also for people who get negative in chat. Friendly advice is one thing but to insult while doing is just unsportsmanship. 

Positive karma goes to those who are positive and friendly in chat. If I'm dead and watching a person play and they are doing good things that win the match get some also.

Normally I see negativity in chat that's why they get used up faster. Most of the time I'm not even involved in it but it distracts the team so it's not needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
413
[VW]
Members
1,833 posts
12,288 battles
2 hours ago, Kyoujin said:

there is no point in having the Karma system.

You said it!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
448
[-AA-]
Members
1,728 posts
6,657 battles
2 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Here's a question for you : How can you say someone "deserve" a compliment ?

 

The current karma system is not perfect, I'll give you that, but at the same time, having 100 karma or 1 doesn't do anything to the game. It doesn't gives you any benefit nor penalty. And if I want to report someone I don't know why I should compliment someone who doesn't deserve it from my point of view. (Hence the question above). 

You can be the player who earned the most XP in the game, if all you did was hidding behind an island using your DD and CA as meat shield while you farm some AFK BB, I don't know why I should give you a compliment. But I do have a reason to compliment that DD or CA player who acted as a meat shield thinking you would support him.

 

Honestly, you shouldn't be bothered by your karma. By just playing the game I earn and lose karma for no reason. 

 

 

It feels good to receive positive karma :) 
As a cruiser player you generally build up karma. At least in my experience.

 

OT:  I think the players who I reported the most stayed alive the longest. I think the real question is whether the reds should be able to report the greens. The "worthy adversary" is a good one, but anything negative is usually salty, or can be solved within the team. No need to give the reds this kind of salt power.

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
134
[WLDD]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,916 battles
4 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

It feels good to receive positive karma :) 
As a cruiser player you generally build up karma. At least in my experience.

 

OT:  I think the players who I reported the most stayed alive the longest. I think the real question is whether the reds should be able to report the greens. The "worthy adversary" is a good one, but anything negative is usually salty, or can be solved within the team. No need to give the reds this kind of salt power.

One problem with the karma system that has been brought up before is that people used to abuse it by spamming 'misbehavior in chat' reports, which would then trigger a temporary chat ban for the one receiving the reports.  More often than not, it's people on the other team sending the reports as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
383
[WOLFB]
Members
1,662 posts
8,047 battles
29 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

It feels good to receive positive karma :) 
As a cruiser player you generally build up karma. At least in my experience.

 

OT:  I think the players who I reported the most stayed alive the longest. I think the real question is whether the reds should be able to report the greens. The "worthy adversary" is a good one, but anything negative is usually salty, or can be solved within the team. No need to give the reds this kind of salt power.

 

Most compliment I gave to people are often because they were nice in tchat. Gameplay wise they didn't necessarely carried the team or did something really unicum but they wrote / spammed some funny thing for me so I gave them a compliment for that.

 

 

IMO I think the only report Red player can give is "Misbehaviour in tchat". If you reaaaally want, then maybe AFK report ? But it's really rare for reds to report someone outside their team, unless they think you're a cheater. 

Edited by AlcatrazNC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
63
[DENY2]
[DENY2]
Members
64 posts
1,767 battles

I am all for using complement system 4 players who are playing well, however I do not waste them on Unicom players I save my compliments for The Average Joe's you have good games.

 

As for my negative reports that is actually how I base how long I've played for that day, once I use all of them up I stop playing unfortunately that is led to me having one game days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×