You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ThatOddMan

Is Gold Camouflage Permanent or Per Battle?

14 comments in this topic

Members
29 posts
325 battles

I bought my Kongo gold camo but for some reason it is missing. Are gold camo permanent or only per battle?

I also play World of Tanks but gold camo there is permanent. But not sure at World of Warships since I am missing the gold camo on my Kongo.

Thank you. 

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
124 posts
4,254 battles

ok you prob bought the camo that is only 1 time use. There are perm camos for most ships and they will tell you. "gold" camos are not always perm so be careful :)

edit: the perm camo should be the first camo in the list regardless and yes u need to put on auto resupply 

Edited by Schwi
  • Cool 1

Members
29 posts
325 battles
6 minutes ago, DarfTarts421 said:

Did you enable automatic resupply?

No. 

5 minutes ago, Schwi said:

ok you prob bought the camo that is only 1 time use. There are perm camos for most ships and they will tell you. "gold" camos are not always perm so be careful :)

edit: the perm camo should be the first camo in the list regardless and yes u need to put on auto resupply 

Is the Type-59 camo at 125 gold a permanent camo? Because that is the one that I purchase for my Kongo.

The first on the list is Type-1 but it has quantity 5 on it so I assume it is per battle.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
124 posts
4,254 battles

yeppppppp the perm ones at at least 1k gold

• Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
1,894 posts
5,666 battles
2 minutes ago, ThatOddMan said:

No. 

Is the Type-59 camo at 125 gold a permanent camo? Because that is the one that I purchase for my Kongo.

The first on the list is Type-1 but it has quantity 5 on it so I assume it is per battle.

The way it works is that if you run out of the camo, you pay the resupply cost for it. If you still have spares, you don't pay anything for it.

In the case of the type-59 camo, should you run out of it, each use of it afterwards will cost you 125 doubloons.

Since it's Kongo, a tier 5 (which doesn't have a permanent camo), you'll have to either pay in doubloons for it or you'll run out eventually.

Edited by Avenge_December_7
  • Cool 2

[MLPVA]
Members
121 posts
2,783 battles
1 minute ago, ThatOddMan said:

No. 

>No.

Well, there's your first problem. Unless you like re-enabling camouflage after every battle. Different strokes and all that.

>Type-59 Camo

And there's your second problem. Permanent camouflages cost several thousand doubloons. You'll know when you see them.

• Cool 1

Members
29 posts
325 battles
Just now, DarfTarts421 said:

>No.

Well, there's your first problem. Unless you like re-enabling camouflage after every battle. Different strokes and all that.

>Type-59 Camo

And there's your second problem. Permanent camouflages cost several thousand doubloons. You'll know when you see them.

2 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

The way it works is that if you run out of the camo, you pay the resupply cost for it. If you still have spares, you don't pay anything for it.

In the case of the type-59 camo, should you run out of it, each use of it afterwards will cost you 125 doubloons.

Since it's Kongo, a tier 5 (which doesn't have a permanent camo), you'll have to either pay in doubloons for it or you'll run out eventually.

3 minutes ago, Schwi said:

yeppppppp the perm ones at at least 1k gold

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! 

Wasted 125 gold/doubloons

Thank you.

Lesson learned.

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
124 posts
4,254 battles

remember any perm camos on anything other than a T10 Image result for its a trap

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[MLPVA]
Members
121 posts
2,783 battles
1 minute ago, Schwi said:

remember any perm camos on anything other than a T10 Image result for its a trap

Unless it's a ship you decide to keep that you really enjoy taking into battle. I have the permanent camouflages for Bismarck that have saved me a lot of credits over the last year.

• Cool 2

[STW-M]
Members
1,894 posts
5,666 battles
3 minutes ago, ThatOddMan said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! 

Wasted 125 gold/doubloons

Thank you.

Lesson learned.

Welcome to the Admirals In Perpetual Poverty Club. We have empty doubloon counters on the left and jars for silver donation inside the second cardboard box from the right.

• Funny 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,343 posts
11,500 battles
18 minutes ago, ThatOddMan said:

No. 

No. It is a per battle cammo.

Usually peranent premium cammo starts at tier 6 i believe.

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
1,852 posts
12,293 battles

Remember that once in a while Wargaming offers random permanent camos for in game missions. Previous examples are bismark new mex queen eliz fushun kiev monarch new orleans galiss yamato etc.

i also agree it is best to buy perm camo only for tier 10 ships if one is strapped for dubloons. The logic being otherwise you are guaranteed to lose money at this tier wheras all other tiers can be profitable without.

• Cool 1

[-WPG-]
Members
745 posts
3,168 battles
1 hour ago, Schwi said:

I got permacamo for the Buffalo because I want the DM to be my first T10 ship, and it's a LONG grind from T9 to T10. It would have exhausted my existing XP camos, so it seemed easier to put perma camo on it. Of course I had excess doubloons from the Steam sale to do it, but without it it will be a long -- and often expensive in silver -- grind.