You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

8 comments in this topic

Members
11 posts
2,460 battles

I am wondering about investing commander points and what the result would be.  I wanted to know if the Dogfighting expert skill would give me +10% to damage if I was fighting an Essex.  The reason I say this is I thought I seen Essex has tier 8 fighters and I have tier 9 fighters in my taiho.  Would I get the 10% damage increase if I am one tier below or does the skill only work if you are below the tier of the other carrier's fighters.  I think the skill says it increases the damage against higher skill fighters.  Can you give me an answer anyone.  I was just curious.  It would be nice to gain some damage against those American fighters.

Thank you for any responses

CL-8

battleship_Adam

Members
1,870 posts
5,656 battles

Dogfighting expert will only give the ammo increase, not the damage increase; the tier difference only works from lower to higher tiers, not the other way around.

Members
1,870 posts
5,656 battles
13 minutes ago, battleship_Adam said:

I am wondering about investing commander points and what the result would be.  I wanted to know if the Dogfighting expert skill would give me +10% to damage if I was fighting an Essex.  The reason I say this is I thought I seen Essex has tier 8 fighters and I have tier 9 fighters in my taiho.  Would I get the 10% damage increase if I am one tier below or does the skill only work if you are below the tier of the other carrier's fighters.  I think the skill says it increases the damage against higher skill fighters.  Can you give me an answer anyone.  I was just curious.  It would be nice to gain some damage against those American fighters.

Thank you for any responses

CL-8

battleship_Adam

Dogfighting expert will only give the ammo increase, not the damage increase; the tier difference only works from lower to higher tiers, not the other way around.

Members
1,870 posts
5,656 battles

Ah heck, I double-posted.

However, I do recommend that you take DFE anyways, since IJN fighters have quite a low amount of ammo, and it helps them stay in the fight longer.