You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

18 comments in this topic

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,352 battles

Essentially this; people hate IJN DDs because they're inconsistent and have awful torpedo detect coupled with a long reload. 

So why not make it the opposite? Give IJN DDs stealthy low damage torps with extremely short reloads. For example, shima would have 45-60 second reload, .8 km detection on the torps, and as a trade-off, 10,000 damage torps.

This would make IJN DDs extremely consistent, without making them extremely overpowered. In my view, a torp focused ship with a long reload won't work because of how random it is to get hits. If IJN DDs were changed in this manner, they could get much more consistent damage and still not be massively OP.

Thoughts? 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,352 battles
1 minute ago, torpsRus said:
Green Cola No GIF - GreenCola No GIFs

Thank you for the constructive feedback, however, for some reason a GIF doesn't seem to me to accurately convey my mistake in this idea.

[FML]
Members
1,634 posts
9,910 battles
5 minutes ago, megadeux said:

Essentially this; people hate IJN DDs because they're inconsistent and have awful torpedo detect coupled with a long reload. 

So why not make it the opposite? Give IJN DDs stealthy low damage torps with extremely short reloads. For example, shima would have 45-60 second reload, .8 km detection on the torps, and as a trade-off, 10,000 damage torps.

This would make IJN DDs extremely consistent, without making them extremely overpowered. In my view, a torp focused ship with a long reload won't work because of how random it is to get hits. If IJN DDs were changed in this manner, they could get much more consistent damage and still not be massively OP.

Thoughts? 

What? Not overpowered? How did you reach that conclusion??!?

1 minute ago, torpsRus said:
Green Cola No GIF - GreenCola No GIFs

Agreed. /thread

Members
3,774 posts
Just now, megadeux said:

Thank you for the constructive feedback, however, for some reason a GIF doesn't seem to me to accurately convey my mistake in this idea.

The IJN destroyers are perfectly fine the way they are they do not need to be changed.

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,352 battles
Just now, UltimateNewbie said:

What? Not overpowered? How did you reach that conclusion??!?

Agreed. /thread

Not overpowered by the fact that the torps would literally be on par with CV torps in terms of damage.

• Funny 1

[SPTR]
Members
20,095 posts
5,179 battles

They need changes, but not that. 

You forget: Flooding and the fact that 15 torpedoes every 60 seconds is ridiculously powerful, even with only 8k damage, especially with such low torp detection.

[JUICE]
Members
814 posts
6,369 battles

Right now Shimas torpedoes can be spotted from orbit, they could stand a small drop in detection but what you are suggesting would make her more powerful that she was pre-nerf.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles
2 minutes ago, khaenn35 said:

They need changes, but not that. 

You forget: Flooding and the fact that 15 torpedoes every 60 seconds is ridiculously powerful, even with only 8k damage, especially with such low torp detection.

Almost exactly what i was going to say. Almost still too op at 8...i was gonna say 6 given the reload and detect suggested.

Although i do support the idea of a low yield torp spamming dd, too drastic of a change for Shima. But a good idea for a different dd line...maybe the italians, or something.

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,352 battles

Of course, flooding would be reduced to maybe 40% chance as well. 

There is precedent to this as well, many low tier DDs have 30-45 second reload to their torpedoes. And, 0.8 of course is an adjustable number.

Perhaps instead it would be 60 second reload, 8k, and 1.4km. 

However, this would certainly be more fun to play, more reliable, and would fix the issues players have with the ships.

(Personally I'm fine with them right now, but i thought that this would be a more fun playstyle)

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
2 hours ago, megadeux said:

people hate IJN DDs

No, BATTLESHIP players hate IJN DDs, because they are the one type of ship that can take them out with a single volley. You should be able to see the level of hate they have by the immediate negative responses you got when you suggested making IJN DDs dangerous again. They are why the torps got nerfed in the first place. The best way to start an argument in the Forum is to suggest ANYTHING that will make BBs more vulnerable.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,352 battles
8 hours ago, Umikami said:

No, BATTLESHIP players hate IJN DDs, because they are the one type of ship that can take them out with a single volley. You should be able to see the level of hate they have by the immediate negative responses you got when you suggested making IJN DDs dangerous again. They are why the torps got nerfed in the first place. The best way to start an argument in the Forum is to suggest ANYTHING that will make BBs more vulnerable.

You just gave me a brilliant idea.

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,352 battles

Regardless, the point of this change would be to allow DDs to consistently get decent damage, while removing the possibility for them to instant delete a ship. (For example, a shima would need over 13 hits to kill a Yamato, which, even with ultra low detect, is unlikely.)

Members
48 posts
2,434 battles

This would work, just look at the Z-52 torps already in game, very fast, low yield, and fast reload. To tweak this to make it work for the IJN DD's, the reload would have to be increased due to the increased number of torps, but that is about it. Even with 15 torps 10k dmg per torp is still very little, and the reload can be made 100-120 seconds per launcher for the Shima. Of course, the Kagerou and the Yuugumo would need faster reloads to compensate for the fewer number of fish in the water.

Edited by Die95

[SUCIT]
Members
783 posts
3,503 battles
15 hours ago, Umikami said:

Or, now stay with me here, having a ship that can spew out 15 torpedoes every 60 seconds might not be the best idea, regardless of what class you're playing.  

Would you be happy having a wall of torpedoes fired at every smoke in the game?  

Members
98 posts
3,417 battles

It'd be an interesting idea as maybe a variant torpedo option. It would be an interesting task to balance though since w/ Z-52 having 14,400 @90s reload. Shima would have 7 torps ontop of Z52, (150k total vs 115.2k) 

With Z52 maxxed on reload I'm fairly certain she can get down to 67.5 reload or near that anyway. (Haven't checked in a bit?) Anything less than 90s will mean torpedo soup central -- Just a bit over the top IMHO

The other thing would be torpedo range, Low tier IJN run 8km (i think), so would that be copied aswell? I don't think 20km could be justified for the sheer amount of torp spam that could be produced.

Nonetheless, cool idea

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,245 posts
5,669 battles
17 hours ago, megadeux said:

Of course, flooding would be reduced to maybe 40% chance as well. 

There is precedent to this as well, many low tier DDs have 30-45 second reload to their torpedoes. And, 0.8 of course is an adjustable number.

Perhaps instead it would be 60 second reload, 8k, and 1.4km. 

However, this would certainly be more fun to play, more reliable, and would fix the issues players have with the ships.

(Personally I'm fine with them right now, but i thought that this would be a more fun playstyle)

I would say no because that would make IJN destroyers very OP. Yes low tier DD's can do it but take me for example....I have less than 4% of my games in Destroyers. I SUCK at them......not in the low tier DD's I don't. IN the Tier 3 pan Asian destroyer I have a personal rating of over 7k. granted it is only a few battles but it is easy to torp the other team into submission. A really skilled DD player would be able to DOMINATE high tier games in the Shimmy. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
1 hour ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

Would you be happy having a wall of torpedoes fired at every smoke in the game?  

There is already a wall of torps fired at every bit of smoke in the game.