You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
iamplaya

year of the cv

60 comments in this topic

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
442 posts

so this is the year of the cv

all im seeing is cruisers changes

when is this cv revamp coming anyway

and when will you nerf the ijn load outs like you done to the usn carriers wargaming

i dont know if this a bad joke or something but why are ijn carriers still able to change their loadout and the usn carriers cant anymore

what kind of balance is that

i would hope that this nerf is gonna be in 7.6 yes???

it better be cause this is not acceptable at all that is a unfair advantage

Edited by iamplaya
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,126 posts
8,741 battles

The CV revamp is being worked on so any additional work on the current CV's is a waste of resources. My guess on the single loadout for the US CV's was it was an unannounced live game test when they thought they could save the current CV setup.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
442 posts
Just now, BrushWolf said:

The CV revamp is being worked on so any additional work on the current CV's is a waste of resources. My guess on the single loadout for the US CV's was it was an unannounced live game test when they thought they could save the current CV setup.

then its simple then revert the change so usn carriers have fighter load out again

cause it cannot remain like it is now it is absolutly unfair and game breaking

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,126 posts
8,741 battles
Just now, iamplaya said:

then its simple then revert the change so usn carriers have fighter load out again

cause it cannot remain like it is now it is absolutly unfair and game breaking

I don't know why they didn't do that or carry it over to the IJN. I was just stating my theory.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
442 posts
Just now, BrushWolf said:

I don't know why they didn't do that or carry it over to the IJN. I was just stating my theory.

when they did it in that patch they said it was step one and that of a gradual change

they didnt say it was gonna stay like that and usn carriers are screwed till they make up their minds what they gonna do

this changes needs to be revert now or remove the carriers from the game now it cannot remain in this unfinish state

with one side with such a gross unfair advantage

another option is to tweak the matchmaking so only usn fights usn and ijn fights ijn

it has to be fix next patch 7.6 no ifs and buts about it

[POTW]
Members
14 posts
1,317 battles
11 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

and when will you nerf the ijn load outs like you done to the usn carriers wargaming

i dont know if this a bad joke or something but why are ijn carriers still able to change their loadout and the usn carriers cant anymore

it better be cause this is not acceptable at all

Honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath on hoping this will get resolved quickly. I don't think the dev's are really certain yet as to how to fix carriers. I'm all but resigned to leave my Independence rusting in the harbor if not outright selling it. While I think they'll come up with something eventually, I'm not going to waste my time trying to unlock a new carrier that might end up nerfed tomorrow. I'd rather play with a crusier or battleship. 

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
442 posts
4 minutes ago, braccheus said:

Honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath on hoping this will get resolved quickly. I don't think the dev's are really certain yet as to how to fix carriers. I'm all but resigned to leave my Independence rusting in the harbor if not outright selling it. While I think they'll come up with something eventually, I'm not going to waste my time trying to unlock a new carrier that might end up nerfed tomorrow. I'd rather play with a crusier or battleship. 

well thats your choice but i played my [edited]off back in the beta days to have a essex and a midway and that was not easy choosing carrier line first back when we all were just starting the game and poor

so i want to play the ships i have and i want wargaming to fix their mess now

i want them to come clean on their promise

they said the usn single load out was the first step and they said ijn carriers would suffer the same fate for balancing purpose

so lets see it then

or reverse those change now or change the matchmaking

not gonna have my carriers sitting in.port for much longer and im not gonna keep taking abuse from players in game either when i play them

cause wargaming created this mess not us the customers

[TF16B]
Members
8,031 posts
16,968 battles

Just play your carriers in co-op for now.

Balanz problem solved.

In any case; what little has leaked out so far sounds like nothing more than a big rude gesture to current carrier players, in the hopes that greater access by more new carrier players will balance the loss of older drivers throwing up their hands and saying "screw this tripe!"

[POTW]
Members
14 posts
1,317 battles
3 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

so i want to play the ships i have and i want wargaming to fix their mess now

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that if you look at WG's track record on carriers, it isn't necessarily the most successful. 

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
442 posts
19 minutes ago, braccheus said:

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that if you look at WG's track record on carriers, it isn't necessarily the most successful. 

true that 

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
442 posts
23 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Just play your carriers in co-op for now.

Balanz problem solved.

In any case; what little has leaked out so far sounds like nothing more than a big rude gesture to current carrier players, in the hopes that greater access by more new carrier players will balance the loss of older drivers throwing up their hands and saying "screw this tripe!"

coop is less xp and commander xp and credits ive already done that till i was like the hell with this

[TF16B]
Members
8,031 posts
16,968 battles
8 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

coop is less xp and commander xp and credits ive already done that till i was like the hell with this

Maybe so, but my Lang driver went from 10 to 17 points pretty much exclusively in Co-op.

Co-op means a balanced CV match, favoring the the player unless they're really a spud.

Co-op means you can 90% of the time just park and fight your planes.

Co-op means you won't be strafed.

Co-op can be boring because the bots tend to be predictable, but that can help your xp/credits as long as the rest of the team doesn't wipe the floor with the bots before you can do anything.

Co-op means I can reliably kill destroyers and light cruisers; unlike Randoms, where I have to more often rely on players to do the job... Which more often than not is a doomed hope, because said players either don't care about shooting at destroyers, because they want to farm battleships damage; or they're outright incapable of hitting them in the first place.

Co-op means that if I get potato players or worthless bots, and my team tanks; I still have a fighting chance for a win, if I can keep the bot from seeing me.

Co-op means I can have fun driving carriers, instead of worrying about all the bovine byproducts associated with carrier play in Randoms.

I have 1,200 Random carrier battles; I have 2,200 Co-op carrier battles; seems to me I enjoy those more, but I suppose ymmv.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
442 posts
10 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Maybe so, but my Lang driver went from 10 to 17 points pretty much exclusively in Co-op.

Co-op means a balanced CV match, favoring the the player unless they're really a spud.

Co-op means you can 90% of the time just park and fight your planes.

Co-op means you won't be strafed.

Co-op can be boring because the bots tend to be predictable, but that can help your xp/credits as long as the rest of the team doesn't wipe the floor with the bots before you can do anything.

Co-op means I can reliably kill destroyers and light cruisers; unlike Randoms, where I have to more often rely on players to do the job... Which more often than not is a doomed hope, because said players either don't care about shooting at destroyers, because they want to farm battleships damage; or they're outright incapable of hitting them in the first place.

Co-op means that if I get potato players or worthless bots, and my team tanks; I still have a fighting chance for a win, if I can keep the bot from seeing me.

Co-op means I can have fun driving carriers, instead of worrying about all the bovine byproducts associated with carrier play in Randoms.

I have 1,200 Random carrier battles; I have 2,200 Co-op carrier battles; seems to me I enjoy those more, but I suppose ymmv.

good for you if you enjoy it i dont care for it myself

i only do it sometimes to complete some missions and the likes

coop always feel to me like playing a single player game not a multiplayer game

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,126 posts
8,741 battles
1 hour ago, iamplaya said:

when they did it in that patch they said it was step one and that of a gradual change

they didnt say it was gonna stay like that and usn carriers are screwed till they make up their minds what they gonna do

this changes needs to be revert now or remove the carriers from the game now it cannot remain in this unfinish state

with one side with such a gross unfair advantage

another option is to tweak the matchmaking so only usn fights usn and ijn fights ijn

it has to be fix next patch 7.6 no ifs and buts about it

Which is why my theory that they decided that continuing down that path was not going to work.

[TF16B]
Members
8,031 posts
16,968 battles
13 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Which is why my theory that they decided that continuing down that path was not going to work.

We'll see where things go of course, but if it isn't Dreamcast levels of automatic flight controls, I can't stand FPS flight simulations, and that sorta-kinda sounds like where things may be headed.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
442 posts
20 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

We'll see where things go of course, but if it isn't Dreamcast levels of automatic flight controls, I can't stand FPS flight simulations, and that sorta-kinda sounds like where things may be headed.

lets hope not this is world of warships not world of warplanes

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,775 battles
2 hours ago, iamplaya said:

I thought 2017 was the year of the CV.

At least there are some additions, always like new ships.

2022 ... maybe.

When the Japanese have the best fleet in the world and humiliate the Russians with it for over 50 years.

Same as above.

Russian Bias ... er ... Balance.

it better be cause this is not acceptable at all

And just out of curiosity, what will happen if it isn't?

Your post is chock full of "I want" ... can you imagine how important that must be to developers trying to introduce new CLs, rework an entire ship type, and keep the player base amused with new thrills every month. Why don't you just cool your jets until the CV rework is completed and THEN pitchabitch; arguments are always more fun when you can scream facts at your opponents.

[BZERK]
Members
710 posts
3,070 battles

Well, there's been some updates on the carrier rework; the new interface is out. Here's Jingles playing it.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
442 posts
30 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I thought 2017 was the year of the CV.

At least there are some additions, always like new ships.

2022 ... maybe.

When the Japanese have the best fleet in the world and humiliate the Russians with it for over 50 years.

Same as above.

Russian Bias ... er ... Balance.

And just out of curiosity, what will happen if it isn't?

Your post is chock full of "I want" ... can you imagine how important that must be to developers trying to introduce new CLs, rework an entire ship type, and keep the player base amused with new thrills every month. Why don't you just cool your jets until the CV rework is completed and THEN pitchabitch; arguments are always more fun when you can scream facts at your opponents.

yes sure ill wait for the revamp

but they still need to fix this issue before then none the less

cv were suppose to be worked on not made worst and just swept under the rug

if they wanted to add more content thats on them 

im all for new content like anyone else

but doesnt change the fact that the latest cv patch when they change the loadout wasnst suppose to end at that stage

so it cant remain has such

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
442 posts
28 minutes ago, SeaKnight_1990 said:

Well, there's been some updates on the carrier rework; the new interface is out. Here's Jingles playing it.

ya i seen that ?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,775 battles
Just now, iamplaya said:

but they still need to fix this issue before then none the less

Please, get real ... they are going to do NOTHING to CVs before the rework; you might not even have an argument after the rework. 

2 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

cv were suppose to be worked on not made worst and just swept under the rug

And yet they were. Supposed never enters into it, but reality does. Deal with what is. 

4 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

but doesnt change the fact that the latest cv patch when they change the loadout wasnst suppose to end at that stage

so it cant remain has such

And yet it most likely will, at least until the CV rework is done. Again, deal with what is, not what is supposed to be, and you'll be a much happier and much less stressed little ship sinker.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
11 hours ago, iamplaya said:

lets hope not this is world of warships not world of warplanes

WG won't change IJN CV unless it's a buff and the last US CV that was good we all know what happened to that it got nerfed a lot in over a couple months.  Until the rework US CV just have to put up with what we have but will be interesting when they drop the rework to see the balance between the two lines, it's a chance for them to start fresh and try and get it right or will they favour one side more then the other like they do now.

Members
1,603 posts
3,573 battles
20 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

It is.  To quote Jingles.  "I enjoy it because its easy and I am a dirty scrub."  Paraphrased,  but apparently its pretty simple.  They want to make it so that people can comfortably play carriers after playing other ships so that means most likely no altitude control only speed control and left and right maneuvering.  We know its one squadron at a time and that bombers will be able to target specific areas of ships so bombing crosshairs and lines for torpedo bombers.

I'm in wait and see mode.

[TF16B]
Members
8,031 posts
16,968 battles
3 hours ago, Palladia said:

We know its one squadron at a time and that bombers will be able to target specific areas of ships so bombing crosshairs and lines for torpedo bombers.

Hello more rudder hits... Hello more magazine detonations... Look at the twitch/micro abilities of some of the CV drivers we have now, and try to tell me that's NOT going to happen.

It's simple NOW; skill differences thanks to manual attacks are what make carriers hell. Taking away manual attacks solves a lot of that. No point blank murder drops, so no strafing necessary, leaving it up to a contest between WASD and how the CV driver manipulates the attack adjustment tab, and when/where they lock up their fighters.

Dirty scrub? I had ZERO experience in RTS games, yet I had no trouble learning to use carriers...

What a great solution' let's go from what we have now, to something where you only control one squad, wind up tunnel visioning, and let everything else get wiped out by fighters or AA; that perhaps; or carriers become such a non-issue, milquetoast, worthless unit there's no point to playing them...

...after which; all the hate can be turned on destroyers, until they are destroyed as useful units.

4 hours ago, Palladia said:

I'm in wait and see mode.

That was 2017 for me...

...I no longer have any faith in WG's ability to do anything positive as far as carriers are concerned.

• Cool 1

Members
1,603 posts
3,573 battles
9 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Hello more rudder hits... Hello more magazine detonations... Look at the twitch/micro abilities of some of the CV drivers we have now, and try to tell me that's NOT going to happen.

It's simple NOW; skill differences thanks to manual attacks are what make carriers hell. Taking away manual attacks solves a lot of that. No point blank murder drops, so no strafing necessary, leaving it up to a contest between WASD and how the CV driver manipulates the attack adjustment tab, and when/where they lock up their fighters.

Dirty scrub? I had ZERO experience in RTS games, yet I had no trouble learning to use carriers...

What a great solution' let's go from what we have now, to something where you only control one squad, wind up tunnel visioning, and let everything else get wiped out by fighters or AA; that perhaps; or carriers become such a non-issue, milquetoast, worthless unit there's no point to playing them...

...after which; all the hate can be turned on destroyers, until they are destroyed as useful units.

That was 2017 for me...

...I no longer have any faith in WG's ability to do anything positive as far as carriers are concerned.

Pretty sure there won't be fighters,  either.  The idea is to focus on vs ship combat, not vs plane combat.

But on to the meat of the matter.  First off,  I am not disagreeing.  I like the system as is and it is balancable as is.  I play a mobile game that does a good job of balancing CV's and it uses a system that borrows heavily from WoWS.  The system is usable on consoles,  Halo Wars proved you can do RTS's at least decently on consoles.

That noise is just a PR spin so they so they tick off as few CV players as possible.  The reality is this:  Not many people play CV's as it is so the checks and balances in the game aren't working ((This is why we are seeing so much radar and why they added AP bombs and a BB line with HE,  to counterbalance the DD and BB meta CV's are supposed to help counter)) AND it means Wargaming isn't making as much money off of that line.  These changes are intended to bring in the non-CV crowd and to increase the numbers of CV's being played.

And,  from the early responses of the non-CV supertesters and community contributors who have played it,  its going to work.  They'll sacrifice the current CV playerbase in order to bring in a bigger one.  Sucks for us.