Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mrieder79

Any Khab captains gonna try the legendary upgrade?

19 comments in this topic

[ICBM]
Members
307 posts
4,861 battles

I'm on the fence. I guess I'll give it a spin, but It's hard for me to picture how it will work. The info blurb they just published suggested using it in tandem with smoke, but I'm not sure that 14.6km will give you the range to fully exploit smoke. On the other hand, you can't really run and gun with an 8+ second rudder shift, so I guess that's how you'll have to work it. 

I'm interested to hear what other captains think. 

Members
8,067 posts
17,032 battles

Not speaking of Khab specifically; but if these upgrades are for real, it just sounds like even more reasons to avoid Tier 10.

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,445 battles
13 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

I'm on the fence. I guess I'll give it a spin, but It's hard for me to picture how it will work. The info blurb they just published suggested using it in tandem with smoke, but I'm not sure that 14.6km will give you the range to fully exploit smoke. On the other hand, you can't really run and gun with an 8+ second rudder shift, so I guess that's how you'll have to work it. 

I'm interested to hear what other captains think. 

I run concealment module so already have the 8.7 second rudder shift. However, I don't feel trading the loss of concealment for the slight boost in reload and the extra gun range is worth it.

• Cool 1

[ICBM]
Members
307 posts
4,861 battles
18 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Refresh my memory. What does the upgrade do again?

increase range to 14.5km, increase reload by 5 or 6% and decrease turret traverse speed by 15%.

[ICBM]
Members
307 posts
4,861 battles

I just looked at the stats again and noticed the 15% debuff on turret traverse. That is probably the nail in the coffin for me. Giving up so much rudder shift and turret traverse for a negligible increase in ROF and a minor (8%) range increase just seems self-destructive. 

• Cool 1

[ICBM]
Members
307 posts
4,861 battles
5 hours ago, Lightninger said:

I run concealment module so already have the 8.7 second rudder shift. However, I don't feel trading the loss of concealment for the slight boost in reload and the extra gun range is worth it.

I run accelleration mod, so I'm at about 6.9.  That is still good enough for moving around and the ability to WS hack is pretty nice. So I'd be going to a full 11.7s rudder shift or giving up the acelleration mod.

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,445 battles
5 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

I run accelleration mod, so I'm at about 6.9.  That is still good enough for moving around and the ability to WS hack is pretty nice. So I'd be going to a full 11.7s rudder shift or giving up the acelleration mod.

I swapped out of the acceleration mod when they did the rudder nerf a while back and kept the concealment mod, as the 8.7 seconds seemed fine vast majority of the time. To me, there really isn't enough benefit to the legendary module, taking in consideration what it is replacing, even if the turret turn nerf didn't exist. I don't think the vast majority of Khab fans would have any interest in this.

[ICBM]
Members
307 posts
4,861 battles

Smoke Khab = professional torpedo catcher. 

I hate smoke. Will only stay there for a few seconds unless there is a physical barrier preventing torps from hitting me. 

I much prefer to use islands, which are very effective.

Edited by mrieder79

[STAR]
Members
76 posts
7,421 battles

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS FROM W.G ...
KABAROVISK HAS THE SAME CANNON OF UDALOI (130 mm / 55 B-2-U) SOURCE WOW WIKI, BUT UDALOI HAS A LARGEST REACH OF 14.6 KM WHILE KABA IS ONLY 13.5 KM, NOW WE HAVE TO RUN LIKE CRAZY TO TAKE THIS LEGENDARY MODULE TO STAY WITH THE SAME REACH OF UDALOI.
TO ME KABA SHOULD GO OUT WITH A MINIMUM REACH OF 14.6 FOR BEING THE SAME CANNON AND THEN YES GO UPGRADE OF THE MODULE GOING TO 15.7 OR LESS ...
THE DIC HUNTER KABA NIC BEING A SLIGHT CROSSER HAS BEEN TAKEN BY THE AMERICAN LIGHT CAES, SINCE ITS INTRODUCTION I HAVE NOT SEEN MANY KABAS PLAYING WHY COMPLICATED FOR THEM ... IT IS VERY POWERFUL AND VERY MANOBRABILITY IN THESE C.AS. IT WAS DIFFICULT ... WHY NOT PLACE GROZOVOI UPGRADES?
HOW SMOKE AND HEAL TOGETHER?

TRANSLATED BY THE PORTUGUESE GOOGLE.

Edited by rodolfo_gaspar

[ICBM]
Members
307 posts
4,861 battles

The problem is in ship statistics. Khab has the best winrate among all DDs. There is no way WG can justify buffing the range. I agree that it would make sense that khab's guns should have the same range as other identical guns, but from a gameplay balance standpoint, this would cause too much salt. In random battles Khab does fine because there are enough lower tier ships and mediocre shots that cannot hit her. 

Competitive play, ranked in particular, is where she struggles. A good marksman in most tier X ships can hit Khab even at 13.5 km. That is why Khab struggles in ranked, she has a hard time doing her job, namely kiting. It can be done and some people do well in khab in ranked, but it is very challenging. 

So from the standpoint of ranked, yes, Khab should have a longer gun range, and, I would argue, a better rudder shift, but from a standpoint of random battles, I don't think the community would stand for it. 

I feel your pain. I was surprised when I first started playing Khab at how difficult it was to get in the right position between ineffective and, "I just ate 15k BB ap and now I'm dead". She is not as easy to play as her reputation would lead one to believe. With time, you can make her deadly, though.

Edit to add:

Just saw you have twice as many battles as me, so I guess you probably know everything I just said. Sorry.

Edited by mrieder79
  • Cool 1

[STAR]
Members
76 posts
7,421 battles

So ... of kaba I have few battles, precisely 219 ... I prefer to play smoke instead of HP, but he is very suppressed of his agility, range and torpedoes ... To be cool, 14.5 or 15km range, 8km torpedos and smoke and HP recovery together ... would be great. I know that different dds have specific functions in the game, z52 is torpedo tracker, gearing is versatile plays both with shots and torpedoes (even more in version 7.6), grozovoi is a swiss army knife, does everything, already kaba .. only damage per shot, is the most specialized in the game, and therefore this range kills him, it is much easier to play udaloi than with kaba ...

IS THIS A DINOSAUR TOOTH?

Edited by rodolfo_gaspar

[BBP]
Members
333 posts
4,016 battles
3 hours ago, rodolfo_gaspar said:

Looks like a Megaladon tooth to me.

812_megalodon_harry_wilson.jpg

That said, as a Khaba owner I have no interest in the legendary upgrade.  Not gonna trade rudder, etc... for 1km in range.

[ICBM]
Members
307 posts
4,861 battles
10 hours ago, rodolfo_gaspar said:

Sit is much easier to play udaloi than with kaba ...

Completely agree. I find Udaloi to be far better at kiting. I rarely get hit even at 10km. Since I can get closer I often have equivalent damage with Udaloi, also she has better torps which add to damage. Udaloi is the most fun ship in the soviet tech tree. My avg damage in Khab is better but my winrate with Udaloi is better. Udaloi is probably my favorite ship in game at this time. 

And midnight is right, the tooth is a megalodon tooth. Found it last year.

[-VT-]
Members
330 posts
6,482 battles

They need to move the Khaba upgrade to Slot 6, so it can compete with the rate of fire mod...  It would trade 6% rate of for 8% range increase, which in my mind would be fine, but instead they made it unusable.

• Cool 2

[ICBM]
Members
307 posts
4,861 battles
7 hours ago, DemonGod3 said:

They need to move the Khaba upgrade to Slot 6, so it can compete with the rate of fire mod...  It would trade 6% rate of for 8% range increase, which in my mind would be fine, but instead they made it unusable.

Exactly. It should be in the 6th upgrade slot. Heck. I'd be happy with just getting the standard artillery plotting room upgrade. The ship definitely deserves it. They nerfed the range because it was hard to hit far away, but that was before they nerfed the rudder shift. Now, with the rudder nerf, it's not as hard to hit and average to above average players can routinely make the shot. Something should be changed.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,046 posts

The purpose of the legendary upgrades was not to improve ships, which, with a very few exceptions, they do not, but to con more people into playing tier X.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this