Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Pussnboats

German and British BB Citadels

9 comments in this topic

[ANZ4C]
Members
140 posts
13,043 battles

So I have been using training room to find citadels for CA and BB.  Only problem so far is finding ANY citadel on a British or German BB.  So far I have been using my Alace as the testing BB (as it is my main BB now).  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Pussn(Salty)boats.

[ARP]
[ARP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
702 posts
6,692 battles

German battleships have a turtle-back armor scheme which makes citadelling them harder. Most UKBBs have citadels under their waterlines which can also be hard to hit. You can view a ship's citadel in the armor viewer in port. If you want to see just the ship's citadel, you can disable the other armor types by clicking them:

a5L7rV9.png

• Cool 1

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles

for the germans long range shots are the best but you still need the pen to get through the armor and there isn't a lot of guns that have the pen to do it for the british get close and shoot just below the water line 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,623 posts
521 battles

At long range, aim for the waterline just like any other ship. At close range just aim for the belt and settle for normal penetrations. You'll still do metric crap-tons of damage.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,360 battles
2 hours ago, Pussnboats said:

So I have been using training room to find citadels for CA and BB.  Only problem so far is finding ANY citadel on a British or German BB.  So far I have been using my Alace as the testing BB (as it is my main BB now).  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Pussn(Salty)boats.

Aim for under the gun turrets near waterline for the German BB. 

[VIP-2]
Members
803 posts
2,827 battles

The difficulty with the german turtleback is that the armor has an angle to it, allowing for a bounce angle. As described easier at distance dropping into citadel from above. Alternate is extreme close range. In the middle ranges is where the turtleback screws you.

Also a couple of them have a cute spot open to attack at angle from atwartship forward/rear citadel.

[MIA-A]
Supertester
505 posts
4,421 battles

What Zui said.

On the other hand if you are attempting to test it yourself in the Training Room have you tried putting some distance between you and the RN BB? Something like 15km? 

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,822 posts
3,502 battles
26 minutes ago, HellaCopterRescue said:

What Zui said.

On the other hand if you are attempting to test it yourself in the Training Room have you tried putting some distance between you and the RN BB? Something like 15km? 

probably not enough of a change in impact angle to get a plunge at that range. the alsace is pretty flat shooting.

Sign in to follow this