Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Panzer1113

MM for tier 8 DDs

7 comments in this topic

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,043 battles

Since Lert was testing tier 8 for BBs and some Cruisers - gave me an idea to test on tier 8 DDs (said he was not a DD player).  I have five tier 8 DDs, would play them one time, then jump into the next one - all solo-  Started about 2:00PM West Coast Time - ended a bit after 3 pm

Ship         Random Top Tier Level

Loyang - tier 10 match

Kidd - tier 10 match

Kagero - tier 10 match

Harakaze - tier 10 match

Akizuki - tier 8 match

So while small sample size, 4 out of the 5, tier 10

After the tier 8 match in the Akizuki, accidently hit "battle on" button, and before I could press the "leave queue" button, was quickly transported into a tier 10 match (epicenter on Tears...) (no camo or flags)

This result is close to what I normally experience, a vast majority of games being tiered up to 10 when running tier 8 DDs and Cruisers - as a solo and I jump from ship to ship (have a lot to play), most of the time get slotted into a tier 10 game - kinda dampens by enthusiasm to purchase additional tier 8 ships

[WDS]
Members
342 posts
6,875 battles
10 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

This result is close to what I normally experience, a vast majority of games being tiered up to 10 when running tier 8 DDs and Cruisers - as a solo and I jump from ship to ship (have a lot to play), most of the time get slotted into a tier 10 game - kinda dampens by enthusiasm to purchase additional tier 8 ships

Agreed 100% .

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,320 posts
14,667 battles

I know the frustration, but frankly the T8 DDs tier up to T10 better then T6 DDs against T8.  

• Cool 1

Members
1,114 posts
3,141 battles

You get used to it. Most tier 8 DDs can adapt and do very well in tier 10 games. I have no problem getting in the top 5 consistently and will often find myself in the top 3. Once you stop blaming matchmaker and start blaming your gameplay you will get over it and start to do well. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NOBS]
Members
470 posts
5,384 battles

But what I don't understand, I play T8 and get uptiered to T10, I play T6 and get uptiered to T8. I play T10 and all the boats are T10, it's very strange. 

Members
3,774 posts

You get used to it really quick or it makes you stir crazy.  Sometimes I actually have to stop playing higher tiers for a while drop down to tier 5 for a nice break.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles
1 hour ago, Warped_1 said:

I know the frustration, but frankly the T8 DDs tier up to T10 better then T6 DDs against T8.  

I agree, as tier 6 is a tough one for DDs of all nations. The tier 5s tier up to 7 much better. But the tier 8, 9, and 10 DDs of most nations seem to do better up tiered than most other types of ships do. WoW wants everyone to play tier 10 so they will have to spend money, and that is really the bottom line. 

Sign in to follow this