You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

How long will the American Cruisers collection be around?

16 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
3,162 posts

As per title.

Is it permanent, like the Campaign?  or will it end soon?

I'm a little more than halfway through, mainly using daily crates and Indy crates.  I need 19 more items and have 12 duplicates.

Just wondering if I need to be buying crates from the prem shop to avoid coming up short when time runs out- like I did with the Dunkirk collection.

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,073 battles

That's a fair question. It feels like they'll be around as a permanent thing, since you have the option to collect or not collect like we did with the HSF Collection. But, that's pure speculation on my part.

Members
1,246 posts
20,656 battles

It may be here to "stay." (WG trademark use of the word stay)

[LHG]
Members
1,190 posts
4,924 battles

I think they said permanent about Missouri as well, but judging by how long the Yamamoto campaign has been around I think it's safe to say it'll be here for the foreseeable future. 

[WOLF9]
Members
3,162 posts

Cool.   So I can look forward to a nice infusion of credits from all those duplicates when I finally get my Cleveland camo.

Members
1,885 posts
5,656 battles

It could be forever, or it could be Missouri-permanent.

All up to the insidious machinations of WG.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
445 posts
9,835 battles
On 6/24/2018 at 8:14 PM, Infinity_Eagle said:

Update 0.7.5 is not all about ships. We'll offer a new themed campaign and a collection that will be available in the game on a permanent basis.

OK, but how do you get the crates to finish it???

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Daily Containers will have the Collection pieces you need

[WOLF9]
Members
3,162 posts

I'm now down to only 9 pieces needed to finish the collection- and I have more duplicates than collected items.

All I can say is that it's going to be one heck of a payday when I get the last item, lol.   At this point, I'm hoping for more ship missions- because I already have them all, and the Atlanta mission paid like MAD when I finished it!

[FARQD]
Members
1 post
3,862 battles
On 7/13/2018 at 3:19 PM, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Daily Containers will have the Collection pieces you need

They don't seem to be working today, after the latest update. None of my 3 containers had them. I usually get them at least 2/3 of the time. 

[PVE]
Members
8,909 posts
7,305 battles
5 minutes ago, Muffy said:

They don't seem to be working today, after the latest update. None of my 3 containers had them. I usually get them at least 2/3 of the time. 

Double check and make sure that the collection is still active. If it is, then RNG was not in your favor.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,915 posts
3,310 battles

Would be kind of stupid to give out a container upon completion of the final task of the first mission, that unlocks the collection, if the collection isn't permanent.

So the collection is infinite in duration for the most part. The only way for this collection to end, is for all WoWS servers to be permanently shut down.

[LEGIO]
Members
2,960 posts
5,370 battles

"Here to stay" like Missouri.

*cue fanboys with anime avatars arguing over the dictionary definition of "stay"*

• Bad 1

[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles

what you guy mean Missouri-permanent? Are they are not selling Missouri in future for good? Look like they don't want to make profit at all or don't need player support if they won't sell it. Or New player who are from missouri don't want to play this game because no chance to get Missouri. 

[PVE]
Members
8,909 posts
7,305 battles
4 minutes ago, Humility925 said:

what you guy mean Missouri-permanent? Are they are not selling Missouri in future for good? Look like they don't want to make profit at all or don't need player support if they won't sell it. Or New player who are from missouri don't want to play this game because no chance to get Missouri. 

Evidently, when the Missouri came out, it was worded like the Might Mo would never leave the tech tree for FXP. There are a lot of people still very salty about it leaving.