You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CarbonButtprint

Is this a typo?

19 comments in this topic

Members
1,132 posts
3,141 battles

"ST, British destroyer Daring, tier X

Hit points – 20800. Plating - 19 mm.

Main battery - 3x2 114 mm. Firing range – 13.8 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 1700. Chance to cause fire – 8%. Maximum AP shell damage - 2100. Reload time - 2.5 s. 180 degree turn time - 7.2 s. Maximum dispersion - 114 m. HE initial velocity - 746 m/s. AP initial velocity - 746 m/s. Sigma value – 2.0." (Devblog)

A couple things I'm noticing here. With 114mm, then that gives us exactly 19mm of pen if this line doesn't get the 1/4 HE pen and 28.5mm (29) if they do get the 1/4 pen. With IFHE this brings that number up to 37.7. That means that this ship will absolutely shred up battleships and cruisers with HE, and the fire chance is already great. The thing that really cought my eye is the 2.5 second base reload time. Add the module and BFT and this ship has a 2 second reload time without adrenaline rush. At half health then the ship has a 1.8 second reload time. That's about 200 rounds per minute. I wonder if that's a typo or intentional. 

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,442 posts
5,522 battles

The thing that caught my eye is 2.5s reload and 8% fire chance. I'm pretty sure that these ships are not going to get 1/4 HE pen, that seems like taking it too far.

Also, these shells are 114mm with 746m/s initial velocity (which is pretty low) they're going to be super floaty at range.

Edited by Cruiser_StLouis

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,916 battles

Have you looked at the reload speed that the Minotaur has?  It's not really that much different, and that's on a cruiser with 5x2 main battery.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles

If anything, i think this reinforces the thought that it wouldn't have the 1/4 HE.

[WPE-2]
[WPE-2]
Beta Testers
169 posts
3,455 battles
21 minutes ago, c3shooter said:

If anything, i think this reinforces the thought that it wouldn't have the 1/4 HE.

agreed

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
4 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

A couple things I'm noticing here. With 114mm, then that gives us exactly 19mm of pen if this line doesn't get the 1/4 HE pen and 28.5mm (29) if they do get the 1/4 pen. With IFHE this brings that number up to 37.7. That means that this ship will absolutely shred up battleships and cruisers with HE, and the fire chance is already great. The thing that really cought my eye is the 2.5 second base reload time. Add the module and BFT and this ship has a 2 second reload time without adrenaline rush. At half health then the ship has a 1.8 second reload time. That's about 200 rounds per minute. I wonder if that's a typo or intentional. 

A couple more things here for all of you'all to consider ... 1). These are NOT final stats and can be changed for any reason including it's Monday. 2). This IS a tier 10 ship and supposed to be badazz'd. Maybe not as bad as all that, but still ... yeah. And what is the best reload time for an Akizuki? And the new tier 9 and 10 super-duper Akizuki's? 114 mm means lite damage, and fire damage is totally repairable. I mean a Conqueror it ain't. 

[PVE]
Members
8,952 posts
7,305 battles
4 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

"ST, British destroyer Daring, tier X

Hit points – 20800. Plating - 19 mm.

Main battery - 3x2 114 mm. Firing range – 13.8 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 1700. Chance to cause fire – 8%. Maximum AP shell damage - 2100. Reload time - 2.5 s. 180 degree turn time - 7.2 s. Maximum dispersion - 114 m. HE initial velocity - 746 m/s. AP initial velocity - 746 m/s. Sigma value – 2.0." (Devblog)

114mm guns means that you pen 18mm of armor. You have to have more than the size/6 to pen the armor. With IFHE, the 114mm guns will pen 24mm of armor.

• Cool 1

Members
1,132 posts
3,141 battles
13 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

114mm guns means that you pen 18mm of armor. You have to have more than the size/6 to pen the armor. With IFHE, the 114mm guns will pen 24mm of armor.

...assuming (and hoping) that they don't get 1/4 pen. That would be unnecessary and broken. 

360 posts
194 battles

As someone mentioned, the Minotaur has a fast reload as well, so if this ship is using same/similar guns, it's possible. However, with AR, this thing could out-Atlanta the Atlanta for sheer troll potential.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
3,984 battles
4 minutes ago, TugboatCommander said:

As someone mentioned, the Minotaur has a fast reload as well, so if this ship is using same/similar guns, it's possible. However, with AR, this thing could out-Atlanta the Atlanta for sheer troll potential.

Except the Atlanta has seven twin turrets on any target to this ship's three.

I don't think these guns ever fired that fast in real life. This has been done to give the ship half a chance against the Akizuki's Tier 10 big brother.

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
397 posts
5,608 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I don't think these guns ever fired that fast in real life.

24 rounds per minute when power loaded = 2.5 second reload

19 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

With 114mm, then that gives us exactly 19mm of pen if this line doesn't get the 1/4 HE pen and 28.5mm (29) if they do get the 1/4 pen. With IFHE this brings that number up to 37.7. 

Actually it's 18mm of pen, 19mm stops 114mm. With 1/4 pen it would be 28mm of pen. Standard 1/6 pen with IFHE would bring it up to 24mm of pen.

I highly doubt that these will get 1/4 pen otherwise they'll be a lot of clamouring for the IJN 100mm guns to have 1/4pen and then likely 127/8mm guns and then 130mm guns etc.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,068 posts
7,616 battles

The Royal Navy destroyers have 1/6th penetration currently.  This is direct from Wargaming.  The ships are works in progress.  Anything can change before release.  I remind you that Minotaur once had HE and Conqueror once had radar and cruiser dispersion.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
3,984 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I remind you that Minotaur once had HE and Conqueror once had radar and cruiser dispersion.

I came in after the British cruisers and battleships were released. Were there howls of outrage and "the game is broken" when this happened too?

I wish people would keep their emotions under control, at least until the ships are on the water in the hands of people like yourself and a good hard look can be taken at how the stats all shake out in battle. I'm hoping you'll have time to do a whole-class review on the Pommy lolibotes just before they come out, as you did with les Baguette-wagons Francais.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,068 posts
7,616 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I came in after the British cruisers and battleships were released. Were there howls of outrage and "the game is broken" when this happened too?

There wasn't as much communication from Wargaming then as there is now.  We have a better idea of what's coming, hearing it directly from Wargaming rather than getting snippets and rumours from third party sites that are publishing leaks and datamining Supertest clients.  There will always be bellyaching, however, no matter what.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,744 posts
7,373 battles
36 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

There will always be bellyaching, however, no matter what.

This may be the most accurate thing you've ever said, which is unfortunate, as you've said a lot of really accurate things.

[SYN]
Members
14,380 posts
10,248 battles

I think the RNBB line made gameplay really bad.

RNCL line is kind of similar. The smoke and fire meta got really bad after its release.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
2 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

RNCL line is kind of similar. The smoke and fire meta got really bad after its release.

Would’ve been even worse if they ended up going live with the HE lol.

[SYN]
Members
14,380 posts
10,248 battles
12 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Would’ve been even worse if they ended up going live with the HE lol.

Now, instead, they murder DDs with the AP penetration hits from smoke.

Beta Testers
2,849 posts
4,088 battles
27 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

that got me thinking,RNBB line is not okay,the flamethrower and super HE splash radius are not okay.

the RN CL line is not okay,a line that lives and dies by the smoke generator made the royal navy a gimmick meme.

now the RN DD line?can't say anything yet,it's ST,but i sure hope they make it fun at least.