Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
vonKaiser

Kronshtadt. Fear Nothing Comrades

39 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

781
[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

Finally ground up enough of that precious free XP to unlock the Kronshtadt.  First few games were tough, I tend to rush islands early so I can abuse radar coverage of caps.  Add in the supreme range of Russian radar I found myself in islands and positions that the Kronshtadt did not enjoy, and the ship told me this quite well by refusing to maneuver and hitting an island or two.  But once I listened to the ship and started doing what the ship excelled at..  Well this thing is an absolute monster.  And once you add in that massive health pool?  Well you can pretty much shrug everything off...  For a little while at least :cap_viking:

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
434
[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles

Once a good Yamato class/Republique finds you it'll start being fun. Can easily overmatch straight into the citadel through the entire ship, pretty much anywhere they hit provided its a plunging angle of sorts, only issue I have with Kronshtadt tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,863 posts
5,656 battles

Hmm, I currently have about 620k free xp and about 500k that is locked behind doubloons, but I'm currently waiting until I either have enough free xp for both or if WG announces plans to remove one before committing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,971
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,740 posts
7,373 battles
1 hour ago, Akeno017 said:

Once a good Yamato class/Republique finds you it'll start being fun. Can easily overmatch straight into the citadel through the entire ship, pretty much anywhere they hit provided its a plunging angle of sorts, only issue I have with Kronshtadt tbh.

I've quite enjoyed dueling Yammy and Montana. Kronnie likes to citadel them, she laughs with evil glee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,971
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,740 posts
7,373 battles

I'm currently 17-5 in Kronnie, one of those losses was due to my power going out as the match started. Even with that factored in, she's performing extremely well. IMO, she's brokenly overpowered, and very worth the 750k free xp. Mushyashy on the other hand...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58
[DENY]
Members
295 posts
4,383 battles

I hated it the first few game but now , I kinda love it , best soo far is getting 5 citadel out if 6 shot on a Neptune dropping him from full HP to 3k, any cruiser showing broadside will have a bad day !

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
781
[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles
1 hour ago, Akeno017 said:

Once a good Yamato class/Republique finds you it'll start being fun. Can easily overmatch straight into the citadel through the entire ship, pretty much anywhere they hit provided its a plunging angle of sorts, only issue I have with Kronshtadt tbh.

To be fair, just about every ship I own currently has that same issue when they're running into Yamatos :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,317
[TF16B]
Members
8,062 posts
16,992 battles
2 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Hmm, I currently have about 620k free xp and about 500k that is locked behind doubloons, but I'm currently waiting until I either have enough free xp for both or if WG announces plans to remove one before committing.

3.5mil roughly...

...do not want because RU cruisers and I don’t get along...

(I explode less in RN cruisers...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,863 posts
5,656 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

3.5mil roughly...

...do not want because RU cruisers and I don’t get along...

(I explode less in RN cruisers...)

(Cries in lack of doubloons)

Most of the time, I am a very poor admiral:

7gni4mEz99VtegoDOtm82iRKmN1XH_Qudmmza4sM

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
270
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,427 battles
44 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Most of the time

we are the same boat, you and I. Currently having 620k FreeXP, grinding still, have more then enough ship XP to convert for the remaining but don't want to spend doubloon now as converting rate is normal, waiting for on sale probably 4th of July? Or Halloween or Xmas .....

in no hurry to get the Kron, but excited as it getting closer and closer per every grind

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
781
[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles
4 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

we are the same boat, you and I. Currently having 620k FreeXP, grinding still, have more then enough ship XP to convert for the remaining but don't want to spend doubloon now as converting rate is normal, waiting for on sale probably 4th of July? Or Halloween or Xmas .....

in no hurry to get the Kron, but excited as it getting closer and closer per every grind

It is the one nice thing about the free XP ships.  Sure they're expensive at first but the more you grind the cheaper they get

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,317
[TF16B]
Members
8,062 posts
16,992 battles
49 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

(Cries in lack of doubloons)

Most of the time, I am a very poor admiral:

7gni4mEz99VtegoDOtm82iRKmN1XH_Qudmmza4sM

Less doubloons, and more never really bought any ships much past T6-7, so no fxp spent on research/modules/bypassing things like Izumo; so 15k games made the fxp just pile up.

Is that Ikazuchi? Poor Ikazuchi...

If it is, have you ever heard of the ‘Macho Admiral and the Ship Girls’ webcomic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
270
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,427 battles

how did you spec your Kron ?

1 minute ago, vonKaiser said:

they get

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
781
[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

Towards the end of the video I go into the specs and captain build.  I'm not the best when it comes to min/maxxing like some but I'm running concealment with the quicker reload buff. Might change that later on though for more range.  Still feeling it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,863 posts
5,656 battles
9 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Less doubloons, and more never really bought any ships much past T6-7, so no fxp spent on research/modules/bypassing things like Izumo; so 15k games made the fxp just pile up.

Is that Ikazuchi? Poor Ikazuchi...

If it is, have you ever heard of the ‘Macho Admiral and the Ship Girls’ webcomic?

Ah, I suppose it's a bit of a different story for me, who is grinding every single line (thus I'm almost perpetually starved for silver, held afloat only by certain elite/premium ships).

Yep, that's Ikazuchi.

Yeah, I've heard of the webcomic. Unfortunately, it's been over 3 years since the last update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
270
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,427 battles
37 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

Might change that later on though for more range.  Still feeling it out.

I read from other stated that the dispersion of the guns are S&&((, so if you stay at range, it will be worst. Main battery faster reload = yes ...... CE? she like Yamato, everyone can see her from the MOON, so not sure if CE will work, maybe detection range extended with Vigelence? for dodging and WASD hack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,317
[TF16B]
Members
8,062 posts
16,992 battles
48 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Yep, that's Ikazuchi.

Yeah, I've heard of the webcomic. Unfortunately, it's been over 3 years since the last update.

I think it may be done/completed?

Just figured if you like Ika you might like that comic.

(lol, M. Bison quits Shadowloo and becomes a shipgirl Admiral...)

’Come at me full power.’

(Turns into a destroyer...) ZAP!

’Ow...’

’Eeek! are you okay Admiral?’

’Yeah... Just a scratch... Your true power just caught me off guard a bit...’

Tenryu acting all tsundere; the old guy officers; Macho Admiral’s lolicon brother; lots of fun times in that comic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,863 posts
5,656 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I think it may be done/completed?

Just figured if you like Ika you might like that comic.

(lol, M. Bison quits Shadowloo and becomes a shipgirl Admiral...)

’Come at me full power.’

(Turns into a destroyer...) ZAP!

’Ow...’

’Eeek! are you okay Admiral?’

’Yeah... Just a scratch... Your true power just caught me off guard a bit...’

Tenryu acting all tsundere; the old guy officers; Macho Admiral’s lolicon brother; lots of fun times in that comic.

Heh, I prefer Shinto's Akebono-bullying (and soon to be Gambier Bay-bulling) admiral. Glorious trolling abounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
781
[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles
2 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

I read from other stated that the dispersion of the guns are S&&((, so if you stay at range, it will be worst. Main battery faster reload = yes ...... CE? she like Yamato, everyone can see her from the MOON, so not sure if CE will work, maybe detection range extended with Vigelence? for dodging and WASD hack?

with a CE captain and the upgrade you can knock her down to 12.4km detection which is more then reasonable.  Add in the radar which reaches out to around 11.7km it makes for a pretty good combo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
270
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,427 battles
41 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

knock her down to 12.4km detection

 

41 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

reaches out to around 11.7km it makes for a pretty good combo

 

Do a couple of more games and test this out, I may need your result + opinion for when I am able to get her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47
[WOLF9]
Members
244 posts
3,727 battles

I'm still trying to figure the Kron out.  I hear so many people talking about having great success in theirs and it makes me wonder what they are doing differently than I am.  I'm not terrible with it, but my results are not what I would call stellar.  Generally I try to play it at or around the edge of detection so that I can go dark as needed; this keeps me close enough that the wonky dispersion is less of an issue but far enough that I'm not going to get face punched by everything I see.  With the recent US CA changes and missions I find I eat a TON of HE damage and fire; trying to skill up the commander more (15pt currently IIRC) to get a couple more survival skills built in.  The biggest thing for me is keeping the ship healthy enough to stick around long enough to stack damage and sink ships.  Maybe I am still a bit too aggressive early game.

First 24 games, 50% wins, 50% survived; avg dmg 68,174; MBH 35%; but only .58 kills per game.  Best game so far was a 2 kill/119k game, which is nothing special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
781
[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles
19 hours ago, Uncle_Lou said:

I'm still trying to figure the Kron out.  I hear so many people talking about having great success in theirs and it makes me wonder what they are doing differently than I am.  I'm not terrible with it, but my results are not what I would call stellar.  Generally I try to play it at or around the edge of detection so that I can go dark as needed; this keeps me close enough that the wonky dispersion is less of an issue but far enough that I'm not going to get face punched by everything I see.  With the recent US CA changes and missions I find I eat a TON of HE damage and fire; trying to skill up the commander more (15pt currently IIRC) to get a couple more survival skills built in.  The biggest thing for me is keeping the ship healthy enough to stick around long enough to stack damage and sink ships.  Maybe I am still a bit too aggressive early game.

First 24 games, 50% wins, 50% survived; avg dmg 68,174; MBH 35%; but only .58 kills per game.  Best game so far was a 2 kill/119k game, which is nothing special.

With the bow armor and the superstructure HE will cause some issues.  Best thing i can say is to dip into the cruiser bag of tricks and use the island mitigation to block enemy line of sight.  For instance while I was in the opening engagements of that battle I was moving to the East, using the islands to block line of fire on me at point C.  Granted C was lesser defended, but wasn't sure about who might have still been south of point B.  If you had some firestarters or BB's there the islands would have offered some protections against that scenario.

Conversely my positioning did hurt when we captured C and the C flank began to fold.  Now the protecting islands blocked my positioning and shooting, especially with the flat arcs of Kronshtatd's guns.  In hindsight the better choice would have been move south through point C instead of wide East of it and started a push on B earlier which was left undefended.  But again, that's something I picked up while watching the replay, and not something I picked up while I was actually in the match.  It's that situational awareness that you develop as time goes on, so you can pick that up while in game, which makes for more impact and better matches. 

It's why I try to tell everyone, turn on replays.  Watch some of your old matches, try to look at it objectively and find things you might miss during game.  If you can start recognizing and being more cognizant of it during the replay, you'll begin to pick up the same queues and the same scenarios easier during battle.  Worse comes to worse if your still not seeing it, submit a replay to some of the youtubers who do video replays.  Heck I'm not the best at this game but send it to me if you'd like.  I'll either make a video of it and throw it up on my channel, or if you don't want that, I'll watch it and offer some outsider advice through a PM.  Sometimes a second set of eyes helps pick up things you just might not have noticed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[AFW]
Members
78 posts
22,212 battles
On 6/24/2018 at 4:12 PM, vonKaiser said:

Finally ground up enough of that precious free XP to unlock the Kronshtadt.  First few games were tough, I tend to rush islands early so I can abuse radar coverage of caps.  Add in the supreme range of Russian radar I found myself in islands and positions that the Kronshtadt did not enjoy, and the ship told me this quite well by refusing to maneuver and hitting an island or two.  But once I listened to the ship and started doing what the ship excelled at..  Well this thing is an absolute monster.  And once you add in that massive health pool?  Well you can pretty much shrug everything off...  For a little while at least :cap_viking:

 

Great job.

By the way, what mod has this information in your video?

mod.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
781
[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles
1 hour ago, HillRock1 said:

Great job.

By the way, what mod has this information in your video?

mod.png

I run the Wargaming Modstation and in that it's listed as Navigator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×