Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Why should good/determined players not have exclusivity to reward ships?

640 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,528
[BIAS]
Members
2,994 posts
8,978 battles

I see a lot of people complaining that the new arsenal is bad because, for the most part, the current reward ships are about as attainable for the average player as they were before. 

Granted, we dont know every single detail about steel and how it will be able to be earned. Most of what we have seen is conjecture. 

I do not understand the backlash against the arsenal. The only way that a player was going to get a flint, black, and Stalingrad before the arsenal, was by fulfilling the specific parameters that wg put them behind. Now it is more flexible to be able to get them. 

Yes, I know that it appears that you still have to fulfill those specific parameters to get steel to get those ships, so then nothing has changed. 

But I still do not understand why rewarding players who fulfill reward parameters is looked down upon. Why is there no daily backlash against the iwaki alpha and ark beta that the majority of the player base has zero chance to get. Am I disappointed that I do not have a chance to get either ship? Yes, but guess what? They were exclusive rewards for players that fulfilled the parameters for those rewards. So guess what, that's my problem and I'm not going to spite those players for having those ships. Although I have had the great pleasure of playing both of those ships on a press account. (and have the 5th highest iwaki damage game on the server on said press account...) 

I find it extremely ironic that some of the people complaining about these arsenal ships being locked behind a skill wall are some of the same people that say that wr doesn't matter, it's dependant on your teams, etc... And that they are a good player and they are being sunk by a biased mm. 

Hey, go play ranked and cb and try to fulfill those parameters. Thousands do every season. And you want to k ow who I think deserves those reward ships more than anyone else? Those players that are below average, but they set their mind to it and get it done. I have a lot of respect to those players that have the determination and thick skin to play 1000 ranked games and rank out. If they can do that repeatedly in ranked or cb, hats off to them. 

So why shouldn't these players have exclusivity to the ships that set out to get and have obtained because snowflakes believe they should get a participation trophy? Early in my warships career, I spent hundreds of battles trying to rank out without success. Was I frustrated? Yes. Did I want it to get easier? No, if I was going to get a flint or black, I wanted it to truly be a reward that I worked for and not everyone could get. Why should we now cheapen these people's rewards that they fulfilled the parameters to get? And why is there no outrage about the iwaki and ark? They have even more exclusivity... 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 39
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
309
[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
5,763 battles

They are just salty because no matter how much WG lowers the bar, they will still fail to clear it. 

  • Cool 21
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
813 posts
8,519 battles

Remember that these are the same people who say stats don't matter. And everyday these reward ships remind them and everyone else playing this game that they are in fact worse players and that stats do matter to an extent.

Give this guy an upvote.

  • Cool 27
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,941
[PVE]
Members
8,799 posts
7,234 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

I see a lot of people complaining that the new arsenal is bad because, for the most part, the current reward ships are about as attainable for the average player as they were before. 

Granted, we dont know every single detail about steel and how it will be able to be earned. Most of what we have seen is conjecture. 

I do not understand the backlash against the arsenal. The only way that a player was going to get a flint, black, and Stalingrad before the arsenal, was by fulfilling the specific parameters that wg put them behind. Now it is more flexible to be able to get them. 

Yes, I know that it appears that you still have to fulfill those specific parameters to get steel to get those ships, so then nothing has changed. 

But I still do not understand why rewarding players who fulfill reward parameters is looked down upon. Why is there no daily backlash against the iwaki alpha and ark beta that the majority of the player base has zero chance to get. Am I disappointed that I do not have a chance to get either ship? Yes, but guess what? They were exclusive rewards for players that fulfilled the parameters for those rewards. So guess what, that's my problem and I'm not going to spite those players for having those ships. Although I have had the great pleasure of playing both of those ships on a press account. (and have the 5th highest iwaki damage game on the server on said press account...) 

I find it extremely ironic that some of the people complaining about these arsenal ships being locked behind a skill wall are some of the same people that say that wr doesn't matter, it's dependant on your teams, etc... And that they are a good team and they are being sunk by a biased mm. 

Hey, go play ranked and cb and try to fulfill those parameters. Thousands do every season. And you want to k ow who I think deserves those reward ships more than anyone else? Those players that are below average, but they set their mind to it and get it done. I have a lot of respect to those players that have the determination and thick skin to play 1000 ranked games and rank out. If they can do that repeatedly in ranked or cb, hats off to them. 

So why shouldn't these players have exclusivity to the ships that set out to get and have obtained because snowflakes believe they should get a participation trophy? Early in my warships career, I spent hundreds of battles trying to rank out without success. Was I frustrated? Yes. Did I want it to get easier? No, if I was going to get a flint or black, I wanted it to truly be a reward that I worked for and not everyone could get. Why should we now cheapen these people's rewards that they fulfilled the parameters to get? And why is there no outrage about the iwaki and ark? They have even more exclusivity... 

 

Actually, I think this does give a way for average players to *eventually* get Flint, Black and/or Stalingrad.

Quote

At the moment, Steel will be given for completing Combat Missions in Clan Battles; in future, you'll be able to earn it in other battle types. In addition, 1,500 Steel can be obtained from Supercontainers.

 

From what has been put out by WG so far, you can play some Clan Battles and earn some (500 or less I expect) steel by completing Combat Missions in CB. You won't have to hit Typhoon level, but you can earn some. I expect Ranked will be similar with certain ranks giving out a bit of steel. Plus the big time hope of steel in a super container. So while you won't be able to buy Flint, Black or Stalingrad next clan season (and shouldn't), you don't have to perform at elite levels to get some steel towards one or more of them. I think it is a great idea for expanding the game and is fairly balanced between just giving out the ships and being an elite player to earn them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,528
[BIAS]
Members
2,994 posts
8,978 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

 

Actually, I think this does give a way for average players to *eventually* get Flint, Black and/or Stalingrad.

 

From what has been put out by WG so far, you can play some Clan Battles and earn some (500 or less I expect) steel by completing Combat Missions in CB. You won't have to hit Typhoon level, but you can earn some. I expect Ranked will be similar with certain ranks giving out a bit of steel. Plus the big time hope of steel in a super container. So while you won't be able to buy Flint, Black or Stalingrad next clan season (and shouldn't), you don't have to perform at elite levels to get some steel towards one or more of them. I think it is a great idea for expanding the game and is fairly balanced between just giving out the ships and being an elite player to earn them. 

 

I'm hoping for stepped steel rewards in ranked. Say if you get to rank 5, 6 seasons in a row, you would have enough steel to get a flint. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,941
[PVE]
Members
8,799 posts
7,234 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

I'm hoping for stepped steel rewards in ranked. Say if you get to rank 5, 6 seasons in a row, you would have enough steel to get a flint. 

2,000 steel for Rank 5 sounds good to me, but I don't know if they are going to give that much out. I guess we will have to wait for the next Clan Battles season to see how much steel is dropping for Combat Missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
161
[SVF]
Members
855 posts
1,277 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

But I still do not understand why rewarding players who fulfill reward parameters is looked down upon. Why is there no daily backlash against the iwaki alpha and ark beta that the majority of the player base has zero chance to get.

The main bone of contention is a highly desired ship that has been requested many times for 2+ years (ie USS Alaska) possibly being locked off behind the wall of nearly 30000 Steel with extremely limited avenues (that we know of right now, anyway) to obtain that resource.  That is not a smart move imo, regardless of how you attempt to dress it up.  Talking personally, I'm going to be starting out with 0 Steel, and imo no ship is worth suffering the amount of Ranked and CB you'd need to get that level of Steel.

  • Cool 10
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,528
[BIAS]
Members
2,994 posts
8,978 battles
2 minutes ago, landcollector said:

The main bone of contention is a highly desired ship that has been requested many times for 2+ years (ie USS Alaska) possibly being locked off behind the wall of nearly 30000 Steel with extremely limited avenues (that we know of right now, anyway) to obtain that resource.  That is not a smart move imo, regardless of how you attempt to dress it up.  Talking personally, I'm going to be starting out with 0 Steel, and imo no ship is worth suffering the amount of Ranked and CB you'd need to get that level of Steel.

Citation that Alaska will be only available in the arsenal? 

That's a argument based on a conjecture with absolutely no fact to back it up. I'll throw out my hypothesis that Alaska will be a fxp ship... See, no fact and we could debate that endlessly, but neither of us has any real proof of either view. That's going to be a wait and see topic. 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,822
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I don't care about it enough to really matter. If at some point down the road I get any ship for just playing the game My way, that's all the really matters.

I do not throw fits and scream it's unfair.  Play what you like when you like but don't come to the forums expecting everyone to jump on your bandwagon. { The facts are WG will do what WG does }

If you feel what they choose to do is a game breaker then uninstall. Your money will not be missed. Your incessant  Whining and Crying will go away.

Those of us in the Player base will do what is required or skip it,without any feelings of being "Left out"

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
161
[SVF]
Members
855 posts
1,277 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

Citation that Alaska will be only available in the arsenal? 

Note that I *said* possibly, based on the initial rumors.  You are correct that we don't know how she will be made available and won't know for several more weeks according to a WG dev.  I'm just stating my emphatic dislike of the prospect of her being Steel-only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
434
[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles
9 minutes ago, landcollector said:

The main bone of contention is a highly desired ship that has been requested many times for 2+ years (ie USS Alaska) possibly being locked off behind the wall of nearly 30000 Steel

Its highly unlikely that Alaska will not be a free exp ship, everything about her share great similiarities with common trends in FXP ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,464
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,623 posts
521 battles

I mean, you have to be a pretty determined player to save up or pay to convert 750,000 free exp for one ship.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
402
[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
3,502 battles
29 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I see a lot of people complaining that the new arsenal is bad because, for the most part, the current reward ships are about as attainable for the average player as they were before. 

Granted, we dont know every single detail about steel and how it will be able to be earned. Most of what we have seen is conjecture. 

I do not understand the backlash against the arsenal. The only way that a player was going to get a flint, black, and Stalingrad before the arsenal, was by fulfilling the specific parameters that wg put them behind. Now it is more flexible to be able to get them. 

Yes, I know that it appears that you still have to fulfill those specific parameters to get steel to get those ships, so then nothing has changed. 

But I still do not understand why rewarding players who fulfill reward parameters is looked down upon. Why is there no daily backlash against the iwaki alpha and ark beta that the majority of the player base has zero chance to get. Am I disappointed that I do not have a chance to get either ship? Yes, but guess what? They were exclusive rewards for players that fulfilled the parameters for those rewards. So guess what, that's my problem and I'm not going to spite those players for having those ships. Although I have had the great pleasure of playing both of those ships on a press account. (and have the 5th highest iwaki damage game on the server on said press account...) 

I find it extremely ironic that some of the people complaining about these arsenal ships being locked behind a skill wall are some of the same people that say that wr doesn't matter, it's dependant on your teams, etc... And that they are a good player and they are being sunk by a biased mm. 

Hey, go play ranked and cb and try to fulfill those parameters. Thousands do every season. And you want to k ow who I think deserves those reward ships more than anyone else? Those players that are below average, but they set their mind to it and get it done. I have a lot of respect to those players that have the determination and thick skin to play 1000 ranked games and rank out. If they can do that repeatedly in ranked or cb, hats off to them. 

So why shouldn't these players have exclusivity to the ships that set out to get and have obtained because snowflakes believe they should get a participation trophy? Early in my warships career, I spent hundreds of battles trying to rank out without success. Was I frustrated? Yes. Did I want it to get easier? No, if I was going to get a flint or black, I wanted it to truly be a reward that I worked for and not everyone could get. Why should we now cheapen these people's rewards that they fulfilled the parameters to get? And why is there no outrage about the iwaki and ark? They have even more exclusivity... 

100% untrue they said stalingrad would be accessible by other ways 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,528
[BIAS]
Members
2,994 posts
8,978 battles
12 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

100% untrue they said stalingrad would be accessible by other ways 

Which they are now specifying? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47
[WOLF9]
Members
243 posts
3,727 battles

I figure its just more of the participation trophy mentality so prevalent these days.  Would I like to earn some of the reward ships?  Sure.  Given my variable and limited play time I don't see myself being able to make the necessary commitment to earn them.  Bummer for me, but ultimately it doesn't really make me feel any sort of way... Is what it is.  If I can somehow eventually earn enough steel to purchase one or more of them?  Cool.  If not I have a hundred other ships to drive.

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,941
[PVE]
Members
8,799 posts
7,234 battles
13 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

100% untrue they said stalingrad would be accessible by other ways 

Just now, Ducky_shot said:

Which they are now specifying? 

 

WG. I don't remember where it was stated, but Stalingrad is supposed to be able to be earned from other than only in Clan Battles. I believe that the Arsenal and steel are that way. Yes, it won't be fast, but you also do not need to have a clan that will reach Typhoon either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
124 posts
4,230 battles

you get what you work for and people who do not get better at the game or try to improve will end up getting what they work for.  :D 100% real tho if you get better and learn how to play you can be just as good as some of the players in the top clans. idk what all the whining is about as reward ships hence the name is given to players that are dedicated and should never just be handed out to everyone. 

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
402
[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
3,502 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

Which they are now specifying? 

they said that long before the arsenal was on our map.

if they say theyve made it accessible because they put it in SC thats just straight garbage, it would be better if SC had no steel at all. SC are extremely rare right? now you have to hope for steel, we'll be generous here and give it 10% chance of being steel...then the amount is only 1,500 when stalingrad needs 28,000.

the amount of steel is actually so small its only real purpose being in a SC is to soak up giving things that people want out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,464
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,623 posts
521 battles

I don't think it'd be a problem if they didn't do it with hugely-anticipated ships.

 

I mean, Alaska has had at least 2 threads a week since closed beta. Even a hint of it being an exclusive ship for one reason or another was bound to have enormous blow-back.

 

If they did it with specific variants or class-sisters than nobody would have a problem. Like Salem. Has anyone complained that they can't get Salem? Or Flint? No. Because a ship of the same class is readily available. 

 

Offer Alaska as a FXP ship and Guam or Hawaii as a steel/exclusive ship and nobody will have a problem.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
402
[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
3,502 battles
8 minutes ago, Schwi said:

you get what you work for and people who do not get better at the game or try to improve will end up getting what they work for.  :D 100% real tho if you get better and learn how to play you can be just as good as some of the players in the top clans. idk what all the whining is about as reward ships hence the name is given to players that are dedicated and should never just be handed out to everyone. 

theres a few problems with it.

  1. stalingrad being as stupidly OP as is, will create gate keeping in competitive.
  2. it doesnt really matter how hard you worked, you're forced into CB, even rank1 rewards are fairly low so far, how many seasons do you think you should need to rank out before you can play stalingrad? currently were going to need to rank about 20+ times to afford stalingrad if WGs 1 or none plan goes through.
  3. SC containing so little of the needed resource is not viable...8 years of playing everyday? does that sound like they've worked hard enough? it may as well not exist as it takes up what could otherwise be something useful...

it has nothing to do with hard work. i've done my CW campaigns for WOT its one of the least fun experiences gaming could have. it is 100% why i don't play it anymore. the grind is so harsh. every night til midnight for a month for a tank? and grinding before you even play CW just to make credits to play it?

sorry couldn't recommend its a horrible experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,941
[PVE]
Members
8,799 posts
7,234 battles
5 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

I don't think it'd be a problem if they didn't do it with hugely-anticipated ships.

 

I mean, Alaska has had at least 2 threads a week since closed beta. Even a hint of it being an exclusive ship for one reason or another was bound to have enormous blow-back.

 

If they did it with specific variants or class-sisters than nobody would have a problem. Like Salem. Has anyone complained that they can't get Salem? Or Flint? No. Because a ship of the same class is readily available. 

 

Offer Alaska as a FXP ship and Guam or Hawaii as a steel/exclusive ship and nobody will have a problem.

 

There will ALWAYS be people that will complain no matter what is done. Make Alaska a FXP and Guam a steel ship and people will complain. There are already people complaining about Salem and it is available for 240k coal. And coal appears to be commonly available from what WG has said.

 

Would I like the steel ships to be easier to earn? Of course, I want to get all of the ship and have spent substantial sums on this game even as a co-op main. I have helped big time in keeping the lights on. I think that the Arsenal is a good balance tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,464
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,623 posts
521 battles

If anyone has complained about Salem or Flint, it hasn't been the massive outrage machine that has already happened on the mere rumor that Alaska might be a steel-only ship. That's why I'm saying only other ships of the class should be truly exclusive. Famous ships or nameships should never be made exclusive. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
402
[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
3,502 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

 

There will ALWAYS be people that will complain no matter what is done. Make Alaska a FXP and Guam a steel ship and people will complain. There are already people complaining about Salem and it is available for 240k coal. And coal appears to be commonly available from what WG has said.

 

Would I like the steel ships to be easier to earn? Of course, I want to get all of the ship and have spent substantial sums on this game even as a co-op main. I have helped big time in keeping the lights on. I think that the Arsenal is a good balance tho.

judging by the 5 coal per oil.... im going to say its a bit steep. Most of the complaints about salem is that its just a slightly worse DM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,938
[SYN]
Members
14,357 posts
10,224 battles

IDK if ship exclusivity is a good thing.

If it were some other popular game, it would be like locking away a unique and OP character or weapon to only people who played in tournaments.

 

If WG wanted people to stop complaining, they would have to rid themselves of the notion that some players get preferential treatment...
like, you know...
Communist approach...
Fair and Equal...

But I understand that WG are Capitalists.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×