Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mrieder79

Recommend rotating tiers for clan battles

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

141
[ICBM]
Members
295 posts
4,849 battles

Apologies in advance if this is a common thread. I don't remember seeing it recently. 

 

I would enjoy clan battles more if they rotated between different tiers. It would provide more variety of ships and, for me, a more enjoyable experience. 

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,947
[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
1 minute ago, mrieder79 said:

Apologies in advance if this is a common thread. I don't remember seeing it recently. 

 

I would enjoy clan battles more if they rotated between different tiers. It would provide more variety of ships and, for me, a more enjoyable experience. 

With the Clan Battles rental T10 ships for playing one T8+ battle, I don't think that there are any plans to have Clan Battles be anything other than T10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,607 posts
8,799 battles

They want CBs to be end game content. If they kept it at say t8 most people wouldn’t grind past that tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,033
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

With the Clan Battles rental T10 ships for playing one T8+ battle, I don't think that there are any plans to have Clan Battles be anything other than T10.

The rentals are pretty good too only missing out on camo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,947
[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The rentals are pretty good too only missing out on camo.

Yeah, the camo is usually a few hundred meter difference, which isn't much at T10 when the maps are sooo big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,033
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yeah, the camo is usually a few hundred meter difference, which isn't much at T10 when the maps are sooo big.

The worst part of no camo is losing the effect on dispersion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,947
[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The worst part of no camo is losing the effect on dispersion.

True, but that is a soft stat you don't see. The concealment difference is what most people see.

 

And the -50% service cost for T10 perma-camo. That is a very nice bonus for a PvE main.

Edited by Kizarvexis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
708
[STW-D]
Members
1,859 posts
5,651 battles

They must be careful what tier they pick, however.

Picking tier 7 will be a disaster, as Belfasts will flood the queue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,033
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles
2 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

They must be careful what tier they pick, however.

Picking tier 7 will be a disaster, as Belfasts will flood the queue.

This, they chose tier 10 because it is the most balanced to each other within the tier. The only other tier with similar balance is tier 1 which would be an interesting choice. Every other tier has imbalances within the tier that would create must use and never use ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,617
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,709 posts
11,324 battles

Basically every other tier is ruined with premium ships, t10 is really the only choice for CBs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,015
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles
15 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

They must be careful what tier they pick, however.

Picking tier 7 will be a disaster, as Belfasts will flood the queue.

Belfasts alone won't make it a disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
124 posts
4,230 battles

it would make the clan war system pay to win if you could say that. Belfasts has smoke + radar and in cb that is a perfect combo. Also no dd at that tier can counter said combo so even more so. T10 is the only way to go as they can show the skill of the player and not have it so that one ship is either a gimmickor just plain unusable if you know what I mean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,823
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Tier 10 CB is the reason for a player to grind up to that Tier Ship. {Rentals don't get the perm camo most Owned ships have}

Those of us that Own Tier 10 Ships Buy the Perm Camo {Usually}

CB's were designed as and End Game Mode. I don't see the need for under tier 10 ships involved in CB. { Sorry to those who "Don't like Tier 10 Meta" Boo Fricken Hoo }

Anything less than Tier 10 would be a Disaster. If you can't or won't grind a ship to Tier 10 that's on You. {GO ahead and throw your Tantrum or Hessy Fit  WG won't give a flying "F"} Clan Battles are Tier 10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,237 posts
20,604 battles

Yes.  If it was any tier from 5 up once a season I might join a clan a do some battles.  T10 just isn't as much fun as T6 - T8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,761
Members
9,863 posts
1 hour ago, mrieder79 said:

Apologies in advance if this is a common thread. I don't remember seeing it recently. 

 

I would enjoy clan battles more if they rotated between different tiers. It would provide more variety of ships and, for me, a more enjoyable experience. 

That's because you're missing the point...Clan battles is simply another incentive to push players to Tier 10, where WG can make more money off of you...:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[VW]
Members
1,828 posts
12,269 battles
37 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Basically every other tier is ruined with premium ships, t10 is really the only choice for CBs. 

Staliningrad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
432
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,899 posts
3,282 battles
46 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This, they chose tier 10 because it is the most balanced to each other within the tier. The only other tier with similar balance is tier 1 which would be an interesting choice. Every other tier has imbalances within the tier that would create must use and never use ships.

Tier 1 is 100% perfectly balanced.

Tier 10 is second to this (excluding carrier balance of course).

After tier 10 I would have to say Tier 8 (only because I have a bias here, because of all the tier 8 matches I have played.

And that is only if we are sticking with "tier on tier" game play, not the +-2 MM we see in random, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,617
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,709 posts
11,324 battles
16 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Staliningrad?

Stalingrad is still WiP. Though she may also [edited] things up in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,690
[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
16 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Staliningrad?

Stalingrad's thing is that she will be a bully on Tier 8 and 9 cruisers in Randoms with immunity to Asashio. However, T10-only battles could be another matter. There is nothing at Tier 10 that cannot sink her with its main armament (counting torps as the main armament of destroyers).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[VW]
Members
1,828 posts
12,269 battles
25 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Stalingrad's thing is that she will be a bully on Tier 8 and 9 cruisers in Randoms with immunity to Asashio. However, T10-only battles could be another matter. There is nothing at Tier 10 that cannot sink her with its main armament (counting torps as the main armament of destroyers).

Zoup said its op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[VW]
Members
1,828 posts
12,269 battles
32 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Stalingrad is still WiP. Though she may also [edited] things up in the end.

Probably will indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×