You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

Coal for Oil

15 comments in this topic

[YORHA]
Members
3,261 posts

So as I understand it with the next update our personal "stock" of oil will be converted to coal.  So my question is if you are not in a clan, how do you determine how much oil you currently have.

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,931 posts
3,548 battles

if you were in a clan, any oil you earned is counted. if you were never in a clan, then i dont believe you get any

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
2,222 posts
14,012 battles
7 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

if you were in a clan, any oil you earned is counted. if you were never in a clan, then i dont believe you get any

I don't think that's correct. From the clan perspective that oil was used to unlock bonuses but this is specifically related to players.

There was mention when oil first came out that all oil earned from crates was tracked in what they called a "personal wallet" for each player. Based on that I believe every player will receive coal in exchange for the oil they earned.

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,931 posts
3,548 battles
1 minute ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

I don't think that's correct. From the clan perspective that oil was used to unlock bonuses but this is specifically related to players.

There was mention when oil first came out that all oil earned from crates was tracked in what they called a "personal wallet" for each player. Based on that I believe every player will receive coal in exchange for the oil they earned.

any oil youve earned goes into your own personal wallet. for each oil youve earned you receive 5 coal.

for example ive got a bit over 5k oil earned. if i leave this clan, and go to another, that oil goes to the clan for whatever. however it is tracked that i've earned 5k oil.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,039 posts
12,528 battles

Because we can't see our "personal oil wallet", it's hard to tell what the accumulation rules were for people who spent part of their time outside a clan.

From what I understood though, the wallet contains all oil you earned for any clan. This means that containers you received while NOT in a clan do not count, as no clan received any oil for it.

[YAN]
Members
1,637 posts
7,464 battles
Just now, Edgecase said:

This means that containers you received while NOT in a clan do not count, as no clan received any oil for it.

Pretty much this.

For those who are too hopeful to assume otherwise, then it'd be 10 Oil for every container.

[PVE]
Members
8,902 posts
7,289 battles

The clan building bonuses and the personal oil wallet were the two reasons so many casual clans were made.

• Cool 2

[FARQD]
Members
306 posts
5,910 battles
7 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

WG did clarify that if you are not in a clan there is no oil earned towards your personal wallet. 

[5D]
Members
2,222 posts
14,012 battles
2 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

WG did clarify that if you are not in a clan there is no oil earned towards your personal wallet. 

Ah ok, I must of missed that. Thanks.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,350 posts
11,894 battles

Read the bottom line.

Accounts

When you get Oil from any source (Container, event, etc), it's credited to several different places:

1. Clan Wallet: Oil from all Clan members is accumulated here and can be spent by clan leads/deputies/builders to build structures.
  2. Clan level: Oil, earned by all members of a Clan, contributes to the Clan level (See “Clan levels” below). This works similarly to account level, just with Oil instead of XP.
  3. Player progress within the Clan: A parameter that tracks the overall amount of Oil you’ve earned within this Clan, tied to access to Clan bonuses, see “access” below. It will be reset to 0 if you leave your Clan and won’t restore even you join the same Clan, so don’t make hasty decisions.
  4. Personal player wallet (won’t be visible currently): Sum of all Oil you’ve ever earned for any Clan. You will be able to spend it on various things in the future.

You can't receive any Oil if you're not part of a Clan. (Which means you won't even receive it for your personal wallet)

from this source; https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/bases-for-success/

• Cool 4

[ARGSY]
Members
5,828 posts
3,974 battles

No clan, no oil.

I had thought at first that the Clans would all be toxic elite Tier 10 competition-based things. WRONG. As soon as I realised this was not so, I became very interested. If a loner like me can find happiness in a clan and reap the benefits thereof, nobody else has any excuse.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,902 posts
7,289 battles

Update notes for 7.6 boosted the coal in normal containers and TYL containers, as well as camo changes.

Now, daily containers and supercontainers will contain new resources—Coal and Steel.

More Credits, More Signals and Camouflages, and More Consumables containers—400 Coal.
In the More Credits containers, Coal has replaced enhanced consumables;

Try Your Luck containers—900 Coal;
Supercontainers—15,000 Coal or 1,500 Steel.
Additionally, containers provide the Blue Lagoon, Storm Wind, and Revolutionary camouflages instead of the Type 3 – Halloween, Type 3 – New Year, and gamescom.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-076-night-battle/

Edit: Combat Mission Jun 28th through Jul 31st. Nothing on what battle modes it will be available in.

Mission: Coal for everyone
Earn 20 000 base XP over any amount of battles and get 5000 coal.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,751 posts
11,142 battles

Ok, so if I was in a clan and earned oil, then I left the clan, and have been clanless till 7.6 drops will I earn coal from the oil I originally earned when I was in a clan?

[PVE]
Members
8,902 posts
7,289 battles
2 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Ok, so if I was in a clan and earned oil, then I left the clan, and have been clanless till 7.6 drops will I earn coal from the oil I originally earned when I was in a clan?

Yes, you will get 5 coal for every oil you earned while you were in that clan.

If someone was never in a clan, then they never got oil, so will start off with 0 coal.

[YORHA]
Members
3,261 posts

Never mind.  Wrong again.

Edited by JCC45