Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NAWMPRISMS

Torp Manual Drop Indicator Show when Torps Surface?

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
76 posts
4,604 battles

As we know, the TB manual drop indicator shows where torps will be DROPED into water, not where torps will SUFACE and BECOME EFFECTIVE. It would be nice if WG can make the change so that the drop indicator shows where the torps surface instead (or show both). 

We all know that a basic requirement for CV player in this game is to know how far a distance it takes for your torpedoes to surface and be effective, a distance that you leave in advance so that your torps do not go under the target ship. But nowadays when I am torping more and more maneuverable ships, I found that it would be nice to know precisely where my torps would surface, since that 0.1km error of my eyeball estimation is a one-shot life and death matter. In the current state of the game, I can only estimate when surface distance of the torps and that highly limit my control over my planes. If I could know the precise surface place of my torps visually when I am baiting a DD, I could have pushed my skills and control to another level. If you think about it, it's actually something parallel to the currently in-game torp indicator for DDs. 

When a CV player decide to manual drop TB and the TB is locked in (indicator turns yellow), there's nothing more he/she can do and everything that happens after is automatic. What matters from this point on is where the torps surface and become effective vs where the target ship is at that point. Therefore, nobody cares about where the torps are dropped into water!!! We only cares about where torps surface and we want that to be indicated by the alt drop indicator. 

Is this a buff for CV? No it is not a buff, it is a change that will allow better use of CV players' skill. It would increase CV performance by a small amount but that can be compensated elsewhere. The argument is, we would rather have a ship of less powerful spec with a smoother and more enjoyable game play, rather than a ship of better spec with imprecise, stupid, and sometime frustrating game play. 

All being said, WG does not give CVs the love. 

Torp Indicator.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,062
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,239 posts
8,815 battles

While this wouldn't help the CV unicums this would help those like myself that have a hard time with manual drop distance. It would also increase the salt however, with the ravamp being worked on making any changes to the current systems is a waste of time and resources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
448
[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
42 minutes ago, NAWMPRISMS said:

All being said, WG does not give CVs the love. 

Perhaps ditch Internet Explorer, or upgrade your internet connection. 

Rumours are that they are working on CV gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,062
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,239 posts
8,815 battles
3 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Rumours are that they are working on CV gameplay.

Yes they are and at least some of the CC's have had a chance to test it. Because of the NDA they have not been able to say much but the ones that currently play CV's a lot don't like it and those that don't play them were happy. We will have to wait and see what the final product is and it is supposedly going to be out some time this year.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
276
[LHG]
Members
1,190 posts
4,924 battles

A lot of CV learning issues stem from the fact that the UI is missing useful information. Including this, the UI doesn't show things like:

- When a plane can't do a manual attack immediately and has to double back around

- How long strafe boxes are

- More information from voice lines, like which squads are under attack or are doing some sort of action (they actually changed this from before)

Edited by Flashtirade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles

There is a few thing's we know about the rework but not enough to know whats going to happen and how the new style will be just that it's action based. As for the OP it would be a buff for CV and one that would make CV OP when it comes to TB drops and i normally agree with a most changes for CV, the reason i say it would be OP is that you would know when the torp will arm so you can pin point the moment to drop them so they arm just as they hit the target turning a good player into a great player. When i started learning CV i got told the time the torps need to arm is the  distance from the white circle to the drop point.

Maybe something they could bring into tier 6 while your learning manual drops and the training room to, otherwise you will just be making the CV to OP and give players more reasons to complain to WG to nerf them before the rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,062
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,239 posts
8,815 battles
29 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

There is a few thing's we know about the rework but not enough to know whats going to happen and how the new style will be just that it's action based. As for the OP it would be a buff for CV and one that would make CV OP when it comes to TB drops and i normally agree with a most changes for CV, the reason i say it would be OP is that you would know when the torp will arm so you can pin point the moment to drop them so they arm just as they hit the target turning a good player into a great player. When i started learning CV i got told the time the torps need to arm is the  distance from the white circle to the drop point.

Maybe something they could bring into tier 6 while your learning manual drops and the training room to, otherwise you will just be making the CV to OP and give players more reasons to complain to WG to nerf them before the rework.

What the OP is suggesting would have little if any impact on the drops of the really good CV players who already drop just shy of the minimum arming distance. What this would do is bring average players up to unicum level torp dropping closing the skill gap some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
448
[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
15 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Yes they are and at least some of the CC's have had a chance to test it. Because of the NDA they have not been able to say much but the ones that currently play CV's a lot don't like it and those that don't play them were happy. We will have to wait and see what the final product is and it is supposedly going to be out some time this year.

Yea! Can’t wait! Looking forward to the changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
On 25/06/2018 at 8:00 AM, BrushWolf said:

What the OP is suggesting would have little if any impact on the drops of the really good CV players who already drop just shy of the minimum arming distance. What this would do is bring average players up to unicum level torp dropping closing the skill gap som

CV players will be happy and like it and it is a good idea but it will be all the non CV players that won't like it and complain to WG that CV are even more OP, with how much they complain now about CV and how OP they are something that would be a good idea and help a lot of CV players out will give the other players something new to complain about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,062
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,239 posts
8,815 battles
3 hours ago, ausanimal said:

CV players will be happy and like it and it is a good idea but it will be all the non CV players that won't like it and complain to WG that CV are even more OP, with how much they complain now about CV and how OP they are something that would be a good idea and help a lot of CV players out will give the other players something new to complain about.

It doesn't matter what we think of this, the Devs have said that they are not going to do anything with the current CV's as all their focus is on the revamp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
76 posts
4,604 battles
Quote

When a plane can't do a manual attack immediately and has to double back around

I actually have an idea to rework for that. When the plans are too close to the manual drop/attack point, instead of doubling back around, the planes carry out the drop/attack within the closest distance possible (along the line from the current planes position to the drop/attack point (when the mouse is pointing)), pushing forward the actual drop point from where the mouse is to the point on the line so that the planes can attack at that point instead without doubling back around. And the UI will show the drop/attack green prediction pushed forward to the actual dropping point so we know where the drop actually is. 

I encounter such same problems and find it especially annoying when strifing, because when strifing we almost always need to mess around and because enemy planes are a lot less predictable than ships, I lost a lot of strife fights because of emergent clicking resulting in fighters backing around. 

So I put some thought into the issue and come up with the idea above. With this solution we will have control over the distance when the planes need to back around, and even when the planes fly over than distance we don't have to worry too much because the manual attack is going to be carried out without backing around, but rather a bit pushed so that the planes have the time to arm for the attack automatically at a minimum distance. 

I was thinking to post this idea too, but then got a little lazy about explaining and making a graph for it. Also I was quite pessimistic about WG actually implementing the idea (which I think is brilliant, workable, easy-to-use, frustration-saving, and not-a-buff), so that add to the laziness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
On 6/24/2018 at 12:02 PM, BrushWolf said:

While this wouldn't help the CV unicums this would help those like myself that have a hard time with manual drop distance. It would also increase the salt however, with the ravamp being worked on making any changes to the current systems is a waste of time and resources.

same. I also suck with manual drop distance, because it's not very obvious. A lot of times I think, "that looks pretty good" only to further compare the distance from the target ship: "Uh, never mind. That drop was abysmal and far too far away. I'll be lucky to hit one torp with that drop."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
9 hours ago, legoboy0401 said:

same. I also suck with manual drop distance, because it's not very obvious. A lot of times I think, "that looks pretty good" only to further compare the distance from the target ship: "Uh, never mind. That drop was abysmal and far too far away. I'll be lucky to hit one torp with that drop."

A good way to learn is the training room with people from you clan or bots just to practice distance you need, clan members are better because you can get them to play normally or focus on what you need help with i.e a cruiser turning and because there is no cost with training room they don't have to be  worried about the cost. Otherwise it just takes a lot of time and drops to be able to pin point the right distance for drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×