You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
soko99

T10 Economy and ship imbalance in rewards

20 comments in this topic

[APOC]
Members
147 posts
6,501 battles

What is wrong with T10 economy?  How is the difference between these 2 games so abysmal? Both only have the permacammo so not like I had a bunch of flags.  Both games I was top but the base credit for the DM was 240k while for the Shima only 160k.    How is that possible since I did WAY more damage,  captured points, even had more than double damage due to spotting. 

Could someone on WG tell me why the shima is getting so fcked??

shot-18.06.24_11.13.36-0090.jpg

shot-18.06.24_11.14.27-0439.jpg

shot-18.06.24_13.15.33-0618.jpg

shot-18.06.24_13.16.34-0845.jpg

Edited by soko99
Added detailed stats
  • Boring 1

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles

Damage dealt isn't what counts. What you want is % max hp done, which im assuming you did more damage to lower health targets in DM, thus making your smaller damage value more valuable. Not to mention defended ribbons and an achievement which add to the value.

Another thing is your DM game exp is almost half that of your Shima game.

[APOC]
Members
147 posts
6,501 battles
14 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Which is why it makes no sense that the payout was so much lower.. at least to me.. wouldn't you reward the same things with credits and XP?  Almost feels like there's a glitch in the shima's credits.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,775 battles

WoW hates on DDs

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,126 posts
8,741 battles
31 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Damage dealt isn't just what counts. What you want is % max hp done, which im assuming you did more damage to lower health targets in DM, thus making your smaller damage value more valuable. Not to mention defended ribbons and an achievement which add to the value.

FTFY, where you and/or your targets are is a big factor too. Fighting in or near the caps has a large but unknown buff to experience.

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles
13 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Fighting in or near the caps has a large but unknown buff to experience.

Never heard anything like this before from anywhere, so you'll have to source that info. Most likely defended/captured ribbons talking here.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,126 posts
8,741 battles
2 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Never heard anything like this before from anywhere, so you'll have to source that info. Most likely defended/captured ribbons talking here.

No source but it is definitely there. I have had what even being generous were pretty crappy matches where I fought in and near the caps yet I got excellent experience and pretty decent matches where neither myself nor my targets were near the cap and I got crap experience. WG keeps the in match factors that buff experience and credits close to the vest to avoid people working the system.

[TBW]
Members
6,305 posts
11,856 battles

It could probably be figured out better if you showed The Credits and XP page.

This page,

shot-18_06_23_01_23_23-0084.thumb.jpg.5b56b7fbf39def09f8020e477a13f55f.jpg

[APOC]
Members
147 posts
6,501 battles
6 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It could probably be figured out better if you showed The Credits and XP page.

This page,

shot-18_06_23_01_23_23-0084.thumb.jpg.5b56b7fbf39def09f8020e477a13f55f.jpg

As I mentioned in the OP, I am talking BASE credits.. right the first line..  it doesn't break it down any more than that. 

[HINON]
Members
8,791 posts

Need all the detailed pages to have an educated guess. The first results page is inadequate. 

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,548 posts
13,992 battles

16 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Not all damage is equal.

1 hour ago, Akeno017 said:

This.

Lots of factors affect earnings.  The 2 biggest ones off the top of my head, in no particular order:

Playing the objectives - Cap resetting, capping, etc.

Quality Damage -  Something like 100k damage with lots of fires against Battleships <<<<<<<<< 40k damage dealt to Destroyers.  There's doing high damage scores where you're Deleting ships left and right.  Then there's Damage Farming, where you're just concerned about causing fires and piddly damage that gets healed back anyways.

There's dealing damage that deletes people.

Then there's Damage Farming.

This is why a DD or an objectives oriented Cruiser can get Top Scores, Rewards because they were playing objectives and the damage they were dealing were crucial.  All while some 160k+ damage Hindenburg or whatever is in the middle of the Scores page.  The DDs, Radar Cruisers playing in the objectives are getting, flipping caps, resetting caps, and causing damage to DDs.  That's how, you can finish a High Tier match with 30k damage but be among the Top Scorers for the team.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
124 posts
4,230 battles

also wg never tells us what they calculate the points based on as said in an interview that flamu was in on. They said it would be exploited if they released it but that makes no sense. All you can be assured of is that %hp done is high on the list and farming bb's is not unless u dev strike them or something of the sort.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,001 posts
9,521 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

WoW hates on DDs

especially IJN DDs! :Smile_child:

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

WoW hates on DDs

Not sure if it's exactly that, but on average DD does earn the lowest amount of XP of the 4 types in game.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,126 posts
8,741 battles
13 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Torpedoes are expensive.

The US Mk 14 torpedo was $10,000 in 1931 which in 2017 money is $161K.

Members
4,731 posts
5,459 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The US Mk 14 torpedo was $10,000 in 1931 which in 2017 money is $161K.

And that's reflected in game. Play an IJN DD and just look at the ammunition cost at the end of the game.

It's very easy to double your service fee in a DD just by throwing torps all game.

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
2,208 posts
7,240 battles

The OP seems to be attempting to paint a very biased picture as he/she claims there is a large discrepancy between the earnings of the two ships but decides not to show how the earnings were made/spent in the respective battles.  

[APOC]
Members
147 posts
6,501 battles
8 hours ago, EmperorMaxwell said:

The OP seems to be attempting to paint a very biased picture as he/she claims there is a large discrepancy between the earnings of the two ships but decides not to show how the earnings were made/spent in the respective battles.  

Not sure what you're talking about.. I posted them up there.  I didn't post the credits page because as I mentioned in the OP. the difference is about the BASE credit gain being 70k LESS in the winning game with the DD.. Since BASE credit is not broken down, the detailed credits page is irrelevant.  But guess that's too hard to read, much easier to just complain about the poster.

Edited by soko99